Michelin Alpin 6

The Michelin Alpin 6 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Michelin Alpin 5

Tyre review data from 3 tyre reviews averaging 91% over 6,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Alpin 6
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Alpin 6
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Michelin Alpin 6. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Michelin Alpin 6 Review

Given 93% while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (195/65 R15) on mostly town for 0 spirited miles
I've had until now kleber krisalp hp2, Avon Ice touring, Pirelli Cinturato. The Alpin 6 have a good grip on wet and dry, they are silent to. I'm waiting the snow to test it. 1st impresion, verry good.
46 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2018

Latest Michelin Alpin 6 Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Alpin 6 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Alpin 6.

Volkswagen Golf 7 TDI (195/65 R15) on mostly motorways for 5,000 average miles
I am very impressed. Before Alpin 6 I had Conti TS850 and TS860 fitted on my car, and I never conauseated any other tyres. Thinking on how many miles I tend to make during a year on my personal (Golf 7) and business car (Berlingo van) I came across Alpins. They are never no1 on the tests, but tests overall are BS, since only new tyres are tested. In practice, after first year and at least 20.000 km every tyre (premium&budget) tend to lose their performances, and then you start to think about Michelin’s philosophy- good when new, good when used. I like tyres which are maybe not best on tests, but keep their performances on every kilometer driven - from 0 till the end of their lifespan. I have them on my both cars in the same dimension 195/65 15, made in Italy. Performances so far were excellent, I mean I didn’t expect anything less. I tried them on the snow- perfect. Dry road - perfect. Rainy road - nothing I can complain on. Really one great tyre. Price is premium, but their expected mileage is not less than 45000 km which is great. With cheaper tyres (I considered Kleber Krisalp HP3) I would certainly get better price, but expected lifespan would be, by my opinion max 30-35 thousand km. So yes, I consider those are worth that price difference, although today it is hard to buy bad winter tyre in that price range.
I will keep you noticed with wear of those tyres.
10 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Volkswagen Golf (195/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I'm impressed, I used Alpin 5 or Pirelli Snowcontrol 3 in the past. Now I switched to Michelin Alpin 6 despite of tendency to use Continental TS860 which has bigger level of noise on same specification. For summer I use Bridgestone Turanza T005 which are very good on handling and braking on all conditions, top tires, but a little bit rigid and noisier. Alpin 6 impressed me very much on all aspects. Very good steering, not to hard and not too soft, good feedback from the road. Very good braking on wet and good on dry on about 7 degrees Celsius, I think will be OK on less as well. I braked on about 4 degrees on wet and responsive was very good. I'm impressed about the comfort, very soft on bad roads on cold weather. Also are very silence, on my Golf 7 I hear only the wind on more than 100 km/hour. I will remain a Michelin fan, I'm happy I come back on them, they make very good tires on all aspects or criteria.
12 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2018
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!
46 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2018