Bridgestone Weather Control A005

The Bridgestone Weather Control A005 is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Bridgestone has designed the Weather Control A005 to meet the needs of consumers who are looking for year-round convenience and safety - For drivers who want to stay in control, with the same tyres, all year round regardless of sun, rain or occasional snow.

Bridgestone Weather Control A005 is legally compliant 365 days a year thanks to its qualified performance on snow, certified by the 3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake (3PMSF) marking.

The A005 is available in 68 sizes for 15 to 20 rims, it will immediately cover demand for 94% of passenger cars and on-road SUVs, with additional sizes being made available in 2019.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone A001

This tyre has been replaced by the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 EVO

Tyre review data from 43 tyre reviews averaging 73% over 150,400 miles driven.

2019 Auto Bild 4x4 All Season Tyre Test - 1st of 12 tyres

• Positive - A solid allrounder with high grip in all conditions, precise steering and dynamic behaviour on wet surfaces, short wet and dry braking distances.
  • Negative - None mentioned

2019 ACE GTU All Season Tyre Test - 7th of 8 tyres

2019 Auto Express All Season Tyre Test - 5th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good wet and dry braking.
  • Negative - Very weak in the snow, high fuel use.
195/50 R15 82V   C A 71 6.78kgs
255/50 R19 107W XL   C A 72 13.03kgs
235/55 R19 105W XL   C A 72 14.19kgs
195/55 R20 95H XL   C A 71 10.42kgs

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Weather Control A005

2018-07-13 - http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Weather-Control-A005.htm/price/195-45-16 This size seems very expensive. What are they made of - silk and gold?

I would hope so at that price! It might just be that the A005 is a new tyre and they haven't actually got prices for 195/45 R16 yet.

2018-09-21 - I'm buying a new car, it has 205/45r17 tyres. I'll drive for 10k kilometers every year, so I guess the best choices it's a 4 season tyres. I live in Italy and there is always high temps, we go under ten degrees for two months a year more or less. It's a strange tyre configuration..there aren't michelin crossclimate or goodyear 4 season for that size. I found just Nokian weatherproof, this Bridgestone and Vredestein Quatrac 5. Umm. Can you give me an advice? Maybe I can take this 4 wheels for summer and i'll take another 4 for winter, maybe with an higher shoulder of the tire, but I don't know if the shopping will be worth it. Thank you in advance!

Have you seen the latest all season tyre buying guide? This should give you a good indication of what to buy!

2018-11-03 - I've never changed my cars tyres for Winter before, but now have a performance car (leon cupra 300) with uhp summer tyres and have been told I must get them off before the really cold weather to avoid them cracking up. I want the maximum performance possible but a tyre that I can leave on through the winter whether it falls below -10c or sneaks back up over 10c. Not bothered about snow/ice performance as I live in south east and always drove through snow/ice before on pilot sports without any trouble lol. My only choice for all weather is these, otherwise it has to be a winter tyre. Michelin alpine 4's also fit but cost loads more. Do you think these Bridgestones are my best option? Thanks

These seem to be a good all season option if dry and wet is your priority, however any siped tyre designed to work in snow is going to reduce the dry handling of a sports car / hot hatch, so don't expect too much from them!

2018-12-18 - I'm curious about the low score for wear - could I ask where this comes from as they've not been around long and the reviews are all low miles. They seem a good alternative to the michelin cross climate+, but not if they wear much quicker.

Looking at the database entries for each review, the wear marks for the A005 seem to be guesses. I'd wait until there's more data or a magazine test which tests wear to make up your mind (or buy a set and let me know!)

2019-05-17 - My question is about the suitability of these all season tyres instead of winter tyres in the south east of the UK. I have two sets of wheels for my car and experience of both summer and winter tyres. Given the UK weather in the south east I typically put winter tyres on for only a a few months (Nov-March) and during that you often get days where the temp is above the circa 7 degrees where winters are best. So would an all season tyre like this one be better for my normal winter conditions which do not involve snow but where you do have lots of rain and cold and frosty days? Also would all season tyres extend the optimum period so that I could use for them for a longer period say start October to end April?

Yes, I believe a wet optimised all season tyre like this or the Michelin CrossClimate can be used as a winter tyre for the mild uk climate. They will still vastly out perform a summer tyre if we see any snow.

2019-10-03 - Hello, just got a Mercedes Marco Polo campervan (RWD) and am interested as to whether an all season tyre like this would give better traction on wet grass / mud? I need 245/45 r19's and this is the only premium option I can find to fit. Currently shod with Pirelli P Zeros. As its a campervan, Im not bothered about dynamic handling, but it doesnt need to be any Wobblier! Any thoughts?

All season tyres can certainly offer slightly increased mud and grass traction thanks to more edges (sipes) and a chunkier tread pattern.

Top Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Review

Opel Astra Hatch 1,0T (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
Brand new All Weather tyres for the upcoming season.
Aprox. 7,3mm tread depth.
They are replacing the OEM Michelin Energy Saver+, an so far the feel more quiet, and a bit softer and giving a more comfortable ride.
They are priced in the same range as the Goodyear, Continental, and Michelin, so we will have to wait and see how long they will last.

137 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2018

Latest Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Bridgestone Weather Control A005? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Bridgestone Weather Control A005 >>

Given 76% while driving a Ford Fiesta (195/45 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Summary. Strong points: safe braking both in the dry and in the wet, effective road holding in the rain, including good resistance to aquaplaning. Weaknesses: very expensive, limited sporty attitude. Other features: honest in the dry, fair comfort with tolerable noise, normal wear, not bad the fuel consumption. Unfortunately, too little experience in the snow to make up my own opinion about this. On balance, satisfied with the purchase, so far. And if you want to know something more, let's read below! Bought brand new to fit our second car, an old glorious Ford Fiesta 5th generation, 5-doors, 1,250 cc, 55 kW, these Bridgestone Weather Control A005 195/45 R16H replaced both worn Petlas Velox Sport PT711 (195/45R16V, summer, I reviewed on August 8, 2019) and old Dunlop SP Winter Response (175/65 R14T, winter). We live in a little country town northern in Italy, at the edge of the plain, near lovely hills and ancient cities; so we used to drive in combination of roads, including plain or hilly country roads, city routes, ring roads, highways and on occasion motorways, covering however short mileage (less than 10,000 km/year). The climate of our own region is characterized mostly by good weather alternated with some rainy days, not rarely characterized by heavy precipitations; in winter there are also some foggy, frosty days, but snowfalls are usually rare. On that basis, we chose to try these four-season, that promised a good compromise between summer and winter tyres. After two years, I can say that the first valuable strength of these tyres is actually the effective breaking grip, both in the dry and in the wet, comparable to that I would expect from a reliable summer tyre (and that I didn't just take me for granted by a four-season). In particular, the braking system of our car is maintained in full efficiency and these tyres comply well with them, by transferring with good precision the stopping power to the roadbed, giving the feeling the car is always firmly in contact with the ground while decelerating, even in case of uneven ground. So I noted no appreciable breaking decline compared to the previous summer tyres at all, and eventually some improvement compared to the old winter tyres, especially in the wet. Apart breaking, in the dry the dynamic performance of these tyres are fairly good, although with poor sporty attitude. At cruise speed or little more the driving is quiet and cornering doesn't concern, as the car moves where I want it, while the robust sidewalls (the A005 are "XL" by default) improve the feeling of stability, taking at the same time no much away from the comfort. In this regard, these tyres are somewhat noisy, but I find the pitch not so much annoying, after all. Conversely, I get few satisfaction whenever I look for a bit of sportiness on dry grounds, for example trying to ride spirited on our funny hilly roads. This is because of both suboptimal subjective handling and road feedback as the gas is pushed on. In particular, by increasing the speed, road feedback seems me to get somewhat muffled in the straight, becoming conversely some edgy and a bit nervous in the corners, where in addition the car tend to oversteer a little. This behavior, I didn't observe with the previous tyres, tend to intensify in summer, as temperature increases. However, it should be noted that this feature affects mostly my subjective feeling, yet without impairing car stability. In particular, the tendency to oversteer in the dry occurs progressively, is well predictable and easy to compensate, whereas road feedback remains always sufficient to understand when the car is about to approach the limit. Changing the subject, I must actually deserve a special mention to the behavior of these A005 in the rain, that is in my opinion the second, very interesting strong point of these tyres. I already said about the fully satisfying wet braking, effective and precise. In addition, these A005 don't lose out even in challenging conditions, like braking on heavy wet asphalt, wet cobblestone or track made slippy by wet foliage. Moreover, on wet asphalt, handling gets more funny, steering neutral and road feedback more confident, giving the feeling to get at any time the precise state of the current ground-tyre connection. By pushing the car to test its limit while cornering in the wet, the loss of lateral grip occurs gradually and well predictable, with no surprises. Last but not least, despite the large footprint of our tyres, I could appreciate a reassuring resistance to aquaplaning as on occasion I happen to cross without problems some unexpected, relatively deep puddles at a speed well higher than the fateful 70 - 80 km/h... Because of only trivial snow falls occurred the last years in our region, I've unfortunately no adequate experience with these A005 in the snow, to have a reliable opinion about that. Likewise, I haven't encountered really heavy icy roads or ice storms, so far. However, in winter I often run foggy roads covered by frost. In that conditions I used to drive very careful and only a couple of times I tried to test handling by speeding up in some roundabouts. That said, I find both breaking and road holding satisfying also in such conditions, as I ever had the feeling to have full control of the car. As regards economic balance, one must consider, first of all, the expensive selling price of these tyres. Nevertheless, we bought them with the hope that this noble Japanese premium brand could offer us a bit more quality, compared to cheaper options. On the other hand, since we fitted these tyres, fuel consumption declined appreciably: despite my tendency to spirited driving (on the contrary my wife drives more slowly), I noted some improvement in the milage covered with a tank of gas, compared to both the previous summer and winter tyres. Finally, I don't calculate precisely the wear of these tyres. However, after two years, almost 20.000 km, a certain wear is noticeable. Nevertheless, I don't appreciate any detectable loss of performance so far, and there are still several millimeters of available tread. As we travel few km per season, I think these tyres will last at least three more years. In conclusion, to date these Bridgestone A005 have substantially well suited our needs, especially as regards safety concern and performance in the wet. With the limitation that I cannot say nothing about snow driving with these tyres so far, on balance, I'd most probably buy them again and I'd recommend them to those that have requirements similar to ours, but are also willing to take in to account a not light purchase price.
3 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2020
Given 90% while driving a Renault Clio II 1.2 16v (185/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Great tyre, I have had them for about a year now and they are really good at handling differernt road types. Managed to drive them on some mud and also handled well with little slip. I replaced all 4 of my random tyres when I bought the car with these and haven't looked back since. Hardly any tyre noise when driving at high speed on the motoroway.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 15, 2020
Want the best tyre for real world driving? Watch this!
Given 94% while driving a Kia Motors ceed (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
After much in depth research plumped for these as against the Cross Climate + as I was not prepared to accept the dry braking penalty associated with them for use in the UK. First dry findings are slightly softer ride compared to OE Primacy 3, and in my view more acceptable. Noise the same. Handling as good as if not actually better. If they perform to that claimed then I will be well pleased. Very promising start.
8 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2020
Given 80% while driving a BMW 320d efficient dynamics (205/55 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 3,000 average miles
Having worked for Bridgestone for almost 9 yrs untill 2012 I wanted to try Bridgestone's latest 4 season product. Now reviewing a product is tricky, it all depends on what you had before and what your personal feelings and preferences are about certain characteristics of a tire. Currently I'm driving a BMW 320d EfficientDynamics model, 163hp/380Nm on the rear wheels. I bought the car with Goodyear EfficientGrip's on the front, and Conti PremiumContact's on the rear. All tires were RunFlat models, so extremely stiff sidewalls to cope with punctures. Ride comfort was a bit harsh sometimes, but handling like a sportscar. Mostly moderate highway driving for work, doing 1000km a week. Tires lasted roughly 80.000km Then onto the Bridgestones themselves. I bought the new Driveguard ones because i wanted the runflat option. Your car needs a TPMS system for that though. I've done some 5000km now, tires are performing just fine. So far excellent grip in wet conditions! In dry it also seems to behave like a normal summer tire. They're not as ridgid as the previous runflats, so steering is a bit less razor sharp, but the comfort improved! Fuel consumption is slightly higher, but with this car i'm still averaging 5liters per 100km, so still very good. Havent tried them in snow or ice yet. Noise is pretty similar compared to my summer tires, only the frequency is a bit lower. Only with certain long exits on the highway theres this slight rumbling noise which hints you that you're driving something else than summer tires. So far so good! I can't say anything about wear yet, but as it's a 4 season tire, I expect them to wear a bit faster than average. So far, I'm very impressed by the wet performance! As for the review by the Golf GTD owner below here, mate, step off the accelerator because my BMW has similar power levels and I think they will last about 25k-30k miles...
3 - tyre reviewed on March 12, 2020
Given 51% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 7 GTD (205/55 R16 R) on mostly country roads for 9,000 average miles
Tyres fitted in emergency just before a long Scandinavian road (read rough road & track) trip. They were ok to begin with for grip all round but have progressively dropped off. They're nearly worn out now and I won't buy again simply because they've only done 9000 miles and are down to the legal limit. They haven't lasted long enough to be tested in snow but have been fine on rough and cold, wet roads. Maybe better suited to a lower powered car.
10 - tyre reviewed on January 20, 2020

See all 41 customer reviews of the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 (newest first) >>