Bridgestone Weather Control A005

The Bridgestone Weather Control A005 is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Bridgestone has designed the Weather Control A005 to meet the needs of consumers who are looking for year-round convenience and safety - For drivers who want to stay in control, with the same tyres, all year round regardless of sun, rain or occasional snow.

Bridgestone Weather Control A005 is legally compliant 365 days a year thanks to its qualified performance on snow, certified by the 3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake (3PMSF) marking.

The A005 is available in 68 sizes for 15” to 20” rims, it will immediately cover demand for 94% of passenger cars and on-road SUVs, with additional sizes being made available in 2019.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone A001

Tyre review data from 20 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 42,100 miles driven.

2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test - 8th of 18 tyres

7 of the best all season tyres for 2018 - 5th of 10 tyres

2018 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 10th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Dynamic wet and dry handling, shortest braking distances on wet and dry roads.
  • Negative - Poor winter performance on snow and ice.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Weather Control A005

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Weather Control A005

2018-07-13 - http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Weather-Control-A005.htm/price/195-45-16 This size seems very expensive. What are they made of - silk and gold?

I would hope so at that price! It might just be that the A005 is a new tyre and they haven't actually got prices for 195/45 R16 yet.

2018-09-21 - I'm buying a new car, it has 205/45r17 tyres. I'll drive for 10k kilometers every year, so I guess the best choices it's a 4 season tyres. I live in Italy and there is always high temps, we go under ten degrees for two months a year more or less. It's a strange tyre configuration..there aren't michelin crossclimate or goodyear 4 season for that size. I found just Nokian weatherproof, this Bridgestone and Vredestein Quatrac 5. Umm. Can you give me an advice? Maybe I can take this 4 wheels for summer and i'll take another 4 for winter, maybe with an higher shoulder of the tire, but I don't know if the shopping will be worth it. Thank you in advance!

Have you seen the latest all season tyre buying guide? This should give you a good indication of what to buy!

2018-11-03 - I've never changed my cars tyres for Winter before, but now have a performance car (leon cupra 300) with uhp summer tyres and have been told I must get them off before the really cold weather to avoid them cracking up. I want the maximum performance possible but a tyre that I can leave on through the winter whether it falls below -10°c or sneaks back up over 10°c. Not bothered about snow/ice performance as I live in south east and always drove through snow/ice before on pilot sports without any trouble lol. My only choice for all weather is these, otherwise it has to be a winter tyre. Michelin alpine 4's also fit but cost loads more. Do you think these Bridgestones are my best option? Thanks

These seem to be a good all season option if dry and wet is your priority, however any siped tyre designed to work in snow is going to reduce the dry handling of a sports car / hot hatch, so don't expect too much from them!

2018-12-18 - I'm curious about the low score for wear - could I ask where this comes from as they've not been around long and the reviews are all low miles. They seem a good alternative to the michelin cross climate+, but not if they wear much quicker.

Looking at the database entries for each review, the wear marks for the A005 seem to be guesses. I'd wait until there's more data or a magazine test which tests wear to make up your mind (or buy a set and let me know!)

2019-05-17 - My question is about the suitability of these all season tyres instead of winter tyres in the south east of the UK. I have two sets of wheels for my car and experience of both summer and winter tyres. Given the UK weather in the south east I typically put winter tyres on for only a a few months (Nov-March) and during that you often get days where the temp is above the circa 7 degrees where winters are best. So would an all season tyre like this one be better for my normal winter conditions which do not involve snow but where you do have lots of rain and cold and frosty days? Also would all season tyres extend the optimum period so that I could use for them for a longer period say start October to end April?

Yes, I believe a wet optimised all season tyre like this or the Michelin CrossClimate can be used as a winter tyre for the mild uk climate. They will still vastly out perform a summer tyre if we see any snow.

Top Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Review

Opel Astra Hatch 1,0T (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
Brand new All Weather tyres for the upcoming season.
Aprox. 7,3mm tread depth.
They are replacing the OEM Michelin Energy Saver+, an so far the feel more quiet, and a bit softer and giving a more comfortable ride.
They are priced in the same range as the Goodyear, Continental, and Michelin, so we will have to wait and see how long they will last.

88 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2018

Latest Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Weather Control A005.

Given 93% while driving a Skoda Roomster (195/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Unbelievably grippy in cold rain in UK, very good tyre when there are puddles. Absorbs bumps and ruts in poor road surfaces (but keep them at lower pressure, not the higher fully laden pressure, for comfort) as they have XL sidewalls.

Only had snow once this winter, and happily went up a hill, (which is why people in UK switch to all seasons, to avoid getting stuck on rare snow days). So works in snow, brilliant when it rains, in my view a perfect solution.

Having tried these not sure why Bridgestone sells summer tyres in UK, as we don’t get 40c summer temps, but often get winter mornings (and whole days) below +7c
13 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2019
Given 61% while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (215/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
These tyres are very good on wet and dry roads in terms of breaking, handling and cornering and perform quite well on snow and ice, which is what you need from an all season tyre... BUT their comfort is not acceptable for a premium tyre at that price. They hit hard on every bump and puddle. I don' t know if it' s the XL index that comes with the 215/60/16 size that makes them so hard, but they are by far the worst tyres I ever had in terms of comfort, so bad that I am thinking of seling them as used and fitting something else, although I know I am going to lose a lot of money.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 4, 2019
Audi (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Now we've had some snow and ice I can review. Only about 3k miles use but I'm impressed. Particularly the wet grip, cold road grip is brilliant. Dry is very good but perhaps not quite as brilliant as the very top summer premium brands but in the usual damp cool roads we have in the North UK it's become the perfect all round tyre.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2019
Given 77% while driving a MINI Cooper Clubvan Auto D (205/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Very good tyre, well balanced dry wet performance with pretty decent winter capabilities.
Wears well and shows very little signs of wear, noise is low and fuel consumption is pretty good. Wet and dry braking is very good.
This is an ideal summer tyre with enough winter performance to get you home.
I drove through 2 inches of snow on various inclines and descent to get home, as long as you keep your speed down handling and braking on snow and ice is quite reasonable for this type of modern light all season tyre.
If you expecting to plow through 5 inches of packed snow then your better at looking a dedicated winter tyre like the Goodyear ultra-grip 9 or Barum Polaris 5.
But if you dont want the hassle of changing tyres each season and dont want the poorer dry and wet compromises of traditional all season tyres then this one is for you.
5 - tyre reviewed on February 5, 2019
Given 81% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 se turbo 185 bhp (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I previously had Nokian Weatherproof fitted to my car. Now I have had the opportunity to drive on about 5cm if snow Nd compacted ice. The bridgestone can't quiet match the Nokian snow performance (they are not far off), but are far better in the wet. The feedback is also better in the dry as are the stopping distances. A good balanced all rounder, suited to Southern England.

18 - tyre reviewed on January 30, 2019

See all 19 customer reviews of the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 (newest first) >>