Bridgestone Weather Control A005

The Bridgestone Weather Control A005 is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Bridgestone has designed the Weather Control A005 to meet the needs of consumers who are looking for year-round convenience and safety - For drivers who want to stay in control, with the same tyres, all year round regardless of sun, rain or occasional snow.

Bridgestone Weather Control A005 is legally compliant 365 days a year thanks to its qualified performance on snow, certified by the 3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake (3PMSF) marking.

The A005 is available in 68 sizes for 15” to 20” rims, it will immediately cover demand for 94% of passenger cars and on-road SUVs, with additional sizes being made available in 2019.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone A001

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 14,600 miles driven.

2018 27 All Season Tyre Shootout - 1st of 27 tyres

7 of the best all season tyres for 2018 - 5th of 10 tyres

2018 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 10th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Dynamic wet and dry handling, shortest braking distances on wet and dry roads.
  • Negative - Poor winter performance on snow and ice.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Weather Control A005

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Weather Control A005

2018-07-13 - http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Weather-Control-A005.htm/price/195-45-16 This size seems very expensive. What are they made of - silk and gold?

I would hope so at that price! It might just be that the A005 is a new tyre and they haven't actually got prices for 195/45 R16 yet.

2018-09-21 - I'm buying a new car, it has 205/45r17 tyres. I'll drive for 10k kilometers every year, so I guess the best choices it's a 4 season tyres. I live in Italy and there is always high temps, we go under ten degrees for two months a year more or less. It's a strange tyre configuration..there aren't michelin crossclimate or goodyear 4 season for that size. I found just Nokian weatherproof, this Bridgestone and Vredestein Quatrac 5. Umm. Can you give me an advice? Maybe I can take this 4 wheels for summer and i'll take another 4 for winter, maybe with an higher shoulder of the tire, but I don't know if the shopping will be worth it. Thank you in advance!

Have you seen the latest all season tyre buying guide? This should give you a good indication of what to buy!

2018-11-03 - I've never changed my cars tyres for Winter before, but now have a performance car (leon cupra 300) with uhp summer tyres and have been told I must get them off before the really cold weather to avoid them cracking up. I want the maximum performance possible but a tyre that I can leave on through the winter whether it falls below -10°c or sneaks back up over 10°c. Not bothered about snow/ice performance as I live in south east and always drove through snow/ice before on pilot sports without any trouble lol. My only choice for all weather is these, otherwise it has to be a winter tyre. Michelin alpine 4's also fit but cost loads more. Do you think these Bridgestones are my best option? Thanks

These seem to be a good all season option if dry and wet is your priority, however any siped tyre designed to work in snow is going to reduce the dry handling of a sports car / hot hatch, so don't expect too much from them!

2018-12-18 - I'm curious about the low score for wear - could I ask where this comes from as they've not been around long and the reviews are all low miles. They seem a good alternative to the michelin cross climate+, but not if they wear much quicker.

Looking at the database entries for each review, the wear marks for the A005 seem to be guesses. I'd wait until there's more data or a magazine test which tests wear to make up your mind (or buy a set and let me know!)

Top Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Review

Opel Astra Hatch 1,0T (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
Brand new All Weather tyres for the upcoming season.
Aprox. 7,3mm tread depth.
They are replacing the OEM Michelin Energy Saver+, an so far the feel more quiet, and a bit softer and giving a more comfortable ride.
They are priced in the same range as the Goodyear, Continental, and Michelin, so we will have to wait and see how long they will last.

69 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2018

Latest Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Weather Control A005.

Given 53% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 CDI Blue Eff. auto (225/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 easy going miles
I bought those tyres for British winter, but obviously tyres is rubbish at cold weather. It's too dangerous to drive. It's impossible to handle the vehicle on snow. A been driving a cheap budget tyres and even those miles are better then Bridgestone a005.
Breaking distance is unbelievable bad. My wife was scare to sit next to me. I'm not talking about driving.
I wouldn't recommend to buy 100% NO.
4 - tyre reviewed on January 10, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Mercedes Benz E220Cdi (225/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 1,200 easy going miles
Wonderful feeling to drive in rain,dry,ice.
11 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2018
Given 76% while driving a BMW 640d (245/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 spirited miles
Bought these as I wanted 'All Weather' tyre that had decent dry and wet weather performance. So far mostly driven in wet and dry conditions in colder temperatures. Performance has been very good with plenty of grip especially in the wet.

Wet performance is better than the Goodyear Vector G2 these replaced but the downside is increased noise and a bit of a drone on certain surfaces compared to the G2.

They do work in the snow although not sure how well they'll cope with serious deep snow that we do get in County Durham from time to time. At least there's enough performance for me not to be 'that' BMW driver stuck on a slightly snow covered road. Overall I'm happy with the A005s. Not a cheap tyre by any means, especially in the large size needed for this car.
5 - tyre reviewed on December 28, 2018
Given 99% while driving a Nissan Qashqai (215/60 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Amazing tyre!
Very quiet and comfortable. Extremely good dry and wet performance - on par if not better compared to previously driven Uniroyal Rain sport 3 and Bridgestone Dueler sport. Winter peeformance is also a pleasant surprise - fresh deep snow, compacted snow, icy pavements, slush, and everything else that the winter can offer is no issue for that tyre. Tyres seems on par or better in snow and ice when compared to Nokian WR SUV 3.
Highly recommendm
7 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2018
Audi (235/55 R18 V) on mostly country roads for 700 spirited miles
Still too early to tell as only done 500 miles but, as i use my A6 Allroad BiTdi as a workhorse the A005s do not feel very much different to the previous GY efficient grips on the road but are far superior when pulling 2.5 tons of loaded trailer on wet grass and mud. I am confident that they will easily outperform summer tyres when driving in inclement conditions, the Allroad was right on its limit of grip on 8 inches of snow during the Beast from the East earlier this year. No idea as to longevity but the GYs were worn out at 14000 miles. Also they were available in the correct size last month at £140 each fited and i am not a fan of Michelins in general.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2018

See all 12 customer reviews of the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 (newest first) >>