Dunlop SportMaxx RT 2

Dunlop SportMaxx RT 2 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 60% while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector Sport TiD 150 Saloon (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
These tyres were fitted to the car shortly before I bought it and now, 18,000 miles later, the fronts are under 3mm and ready to be changed.

I drive 100 miles a day commuting on mixed roads at varying speeds in all weather conditions . The fact that I can’t remember anything specific about them probably says they’re pretty good all rounders. Not the sharpest turn in, but that’s mainly the car’s wooden steering rather than the cars fault.

I’d prefer they had lasted longer, but then I don’t know how long they were on before I got the car. Overall, pretty good value for money I would say.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2020
Given 97% while driving a Audi audi a3 s line 2,0tdi 150bhp (235/35 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Average yearly mileage is 18k. After having 2 full sets of Pirelli P Zero, decided to try different brand as Pirellis only lasted about 8000 before changing ( replaced at 3mm) when cold easy spun tyres on take off, once warm grip was great with no issues on both dry and wet roads..... once worn they became real noisy .... so decided to try Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 and so far after 5000 miles superb tyres and very pleased with them, down to about 6mm ....tyres grip great in the wet and dry... they dont suffer from wheelspin when cold....much quieter. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Dunlops as an excelent replacement
7 - tyre reviewed on October 2, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Ford Focus MK2 1.8 TDCI (225/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Got a good deal so had a set of 4 fitted to Focus 1.8tdci replacing Michelin ps4.
Now I have travelled about 5k miles on these Dunlops and I cannot fault them. Usually country roads and town driving.
Dry Grip is there always from starting from cold to warm, Michelin was the same in the dry.
Wet grip I slowly started to push the car a bit more to find out what I would get from these Dunlops and I was amazed they were brilliant I never slid had any twitches on the steering gave me a lot more confidence in the wet, I had none in the Michelin in the wet they were dreadful and slid easily under acceleration (sorry Michelin but they felt more plastic than rubber in the wet)
The Dunlops don't give any road noise as I can hear but I am driving a diesel so that may drowned it out if there is any, same with the Michelin.
Comfort is excellent easy to live with and being 40 series that is a big plus as some cheaper brands are like riding on wood,
All in all I have tried a lot of different brands on different cars and these Dunlops are up there with the best Pirellis I have had, I find them better than Michelin and Conti which I have had on this car and I would recommend them to anyone with a similar family hatchback, my friend has the same tyre on an s-type jaguar and loves them too.
Cost wise I suppose it all depends on what deals are available at the time but we know all top quality brands are going to be of similar cost.
Mileage I have done 5k and they still look like new so I am happy I got just over 9k from the Michelin on the front of the car I have a suspicion these will do better by looking at how much tread is left after 5k.
Would I buy again? Yes without hesitation, I would only be tempted away if I got Pirelli at a similar cost I got these for £300 all in for four.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 15, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Ford Focus ST (235/40 R18) on mostly country roads for 120 spirited miles
When I bought the car it had 4 different tyres and I struggled to control wheel spin in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd.
I bought 2 for the front to try. After a week I ordered 2 for the rear as the difference was amazing.
I have drove in the dry and wet with no problem but I have yet to drive in winter
13 - tyre reviewed on September 8, 2019
Given 46% while driving a Mercedes Benz C32 AMG (225/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 2,500 spirited miles
As I mounted the tires to my C32 AMG unfortunatly I had to replace in 3 weeks to Michelin Pilot Sports..The wet grip is horrible to the amount of money Dunlop charge for it.
The Michelins are a little more expensive in The Netherlands but give way more grip than the other Dunlops.
20 - tyre reviewed on June 26, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Audi SQ5 (255/40 R21 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 miles
Replaced my Pirelli PZero's after 17,000 miles and was inspired by the Dunlop series after having them on my previous Audi S4 Avant. Immediate reduction in road noise, grips in both wet and dry conditions and have complete confidence when cornering at speed. Better fuel return albeit marginally just adds to the all round thumbs up. Whilst they are a much softer compound than the PZero,s even at this stage with limited mileage, I would find it hard to consider another tyre.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2019
Given 60% while driving a Mazda 3 Series (205/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 spirited miles
I bought these tyres last season and made about 20 000 kilometers with them. I expected a much higher performance, on wet surface are horrible. It's difficult even to start with them. During hot and dry wether these tyres are just above averege. I'm not buying this tyer again
1 - tyre reviewed on May 25, 2019
Given 82% while driving a Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Bought 4 of these Dunlops to replace the previous PZeros. The Dunlops are much quieter & smoother for sure as the pzeros were quite hard and noisy.
Dry handling is good with no issues, but don’t feel as grippy as the pzeros. They are much better than the pzeros in the wet and cold weather though with less understeer.
Feedback is good but being softer they feel a bit more squishy than the pzeros.
They took a couple hundred miles to feel really bedded in and I’ve only done a thousand miles total on them so far so can’t say about wear at the moment. My pzeros as a comparison I got 3 1/2 years out of them and 30,000 miles and they still had 2mm all round.. somehow I don’t think the Dunlops will last as long as they seem softer.
6 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2019