Falken SN828

Falken SN828 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 75% while driving a Toyota Corolla II (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 3,500 easy going miles
In my experience, the tyres are noisier than necessary when running on tarmacadam roads. Even at moderate speeds(50 to 60 mph) the cabin environment suffers from excessive transmitted road noise. Since this Toyota Corrola Model was new to the UK market launched in February2019, replacing the previous Toyota Auris Hybrid, I was given to understand that the ride comfort was better with less cabin noise I am somewhat disillusioned to say the least???????
Is it likely that a different tyre specification could improve the driving experience ???????
0 - tyre reviewed on January 1, 2020
Given 44% while driving a CitroŽn C1 (155/65 R14) on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
These replaced Avon ZT5's on the front of my car after a puncture, were recommended by the guys at kwiktwit.The grip is very good in the dry, as you'd expect most tyres to be. When it's even the slightest bit wet/damp they're terrifying. Everybody thinks I'm a "rudeboy roy" wheel spinning off from traffic lights etc, when in fact this is the only way these tyres allow you to pull off in the wet. They handle sharp corners worse than the titanic did, in fact you may want to consider planning a route that involves no corners whatsoever for rainy days. Going around a roundabout at a modest speed I under-steered horrifically and came off sideways, fortunately I didn't crash into anything. Braking in the wet causes the wheels to lock up no matter how gently you press the brakes. The only reason I've still got these tyres on my car is because I'm an impoverished student, if you can afford to get anything other than these tyres then do so.
5 - tyre reviewed on January 30, 2014
Given 67% while driving a Suzuki (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 25,000 average miles
Found these tyres after some research. Japanese company so quality assured and nicely moulded. I really like the tyre wear indicators - show when to rotate tyres - it's a shame other manufacturers have not copied the idea. They replaced Conti 3's and I found them much quieter and perfectly OK both in the wet and dry. Tyre life not as good as expected but still great value.
7 - tyre reviewed on September 6, 2013
Given 40% while driving a Daihatsu coure (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
These tyres came fitted to the front of my Daihatsu Cuore TRxx Avenzato R4 when I bought it from the previous owner.

In the dry, the tyres offer surprisingly good levels of grip. In the wet though they are dreadful! I've never known a tyre to be so poor in even mildly wet conditions as this. Wheel spin and under steer are all too easy but the most worrying thing is when braking in wet weather. In an emergency stop in wet conditions they lock up far to easily and the distance you travel before coming to a halt is just terrifying. I appreciate all modern cars now have ABS which will help stop locking up happening, but still.

Progressiveness is poor - its grip, grip...then suddenly no grip.

There is still plenty of wear remaining, but at the end of the summer, I'll be replacing them regardless, if not before. Would not recommend.
2 - tyre reviewed on May 11, 2012
Given 54% while driving a Ford KA 1.3 (165/65 R13) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Didn't wear all that well. The Nexen SB656 I replaced them with aren't as grippy but are lasting much longer.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2009
Given 98% while driving a Toyota IST (185/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 200 average miles
It's been about 2 weeks since I put these on my IST and I love them! These tyres are very comfortable, quiet and they grip very well :) The price was also very reasonable in comparison to other brands I checked out and they feel better than the more expensive Bridgestones they replaced. I have a feeling they are also going to last for many kilometres. Overall great tyres at a fantastic price, reccommended 100%
0 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2009
Given 66% while driving a Ford KA 1.3 (165/65 R13 H) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
The SN828 was never going to win any awards for the best performance but for the price I paid (?20 cheaper than the Goodyear NC5s they were replacing) the grip is far far better. They're a neat little tyre that just work, no complains, would certainly buy again
0 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2009