Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R

The Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R is a Extreme Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 13,280 miles driven.

2019 Sport Auto 20 Inch UHP Tyre Test - 6th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Short dry braking, good dry handling.
  • Negative - Average aquaplaning resistance, long wet braking.
  • Overall - Conditionally Recommended.

2018 Auto Bild 20 inch UHP Tyre Test - 4th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Excellent dry performance, sporty handling with good steering response. Quiet.
  • Negative - Average aquaplaning.

2016 EVO Summer Performance Tyre Test - 4th of 9 tyres

• Overall - The Vorti R was beaten only by the Michelin in the objective and subjective dry tests, and it scored strongly in the wet lap time too. The Vredesteins relatively weak braking and aquaplaning results stopped the tyre making the top three.
305/30 R19 102Y XL   E B 71 14.25kgs
245/30 R20 90Y XL   E B 70 11.54kgs
305/30 R20 103Y XL   C B 71 15.32kgs
305/25 R21 98Y XL   C B 71 14.81kgs
245/30 R21 91Y XL   E B 70 12.13kgs
265/30 R21 96Y XL   E B 70 13.19kgs
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R Review

Given 90% while driving a Honda Civic Type R (235/35 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I've been looking for a decent price quality ultra performance tyre for quite some time now.
Initally the choice was between the Micheling PS4S, or the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R.
Then I read the articles about the normal Ultrac Vorti, which were very positive.

Since the Vorti R is rather new, and not a lot of reviews are available yet, I decided to give it a try as a guinea pig.
After all one tyre is 50 pounds cheaper than the Michelin so its worth the try.

Immediately I could feel the tyres reacted lighter and more direct than the OEM Continental CS6's.
Comfort is a lot better, especially on the speed bumps.
Dry grip was not that great in the beginning, but now after 200 miles, they are really excellent, as good as the CS6.
The big difference is in the cornering, you have a lot more feeling with the tyre and you get more confidence taking the corners at higher speeds than with my CS6's.
Also the car reacts a bit quicker, due to the tyre weighing a bit less than others.

So far i'm excited of this new tyre of Vredestein, I would advice everybody to try them.
Next I will try the Michelin PS4S's so I can compare them with my Vredesteins, but they would have to be a lot in wear to justify the much higher price.
21 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2017

Latest Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R >>

Given 91% while driving a Vauxhall vectra vxr 280bhp (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 30 average miles
I bought a Vectra B GSi 2.5 V6 (Facelift) with these already fitted in about 2005, I had not previously heard of them but now I won't fit any other tyre brand to my cars. I have recommended them to anyone I know that asks me (I'm a mechanic) and as I look after all the vehicles in my family, I obviously only fit these as they are ready for changing. The handling at the limit score I gave is at MY limit, I always remove my tyres at 3mm in winter (all 4) and 2.5mm in summer, I never run tyres to the markers as this is the MINIMUM for safety and I my own vehicles are always high powered. I have never once felt like I was in trouble with these tyres fitted and as for handling, my own opinion is why risk a change when these have performed at an outstanding level. This may just be how I am personally, but I check my tyre pressures sometimes 4 times in a week depending on how many miles I have been doing, I check them after EVERY long motorway journey (say over 100 miles or more) and keep them supple with conditioners after washing (the outlay is a no brainer to keep the outer walls from drying out in direct sun if nothing else) I have had a Vectra VXR now for over 10 years, I changed the Conti's to 'VRed's' as soon as they were ready and apart from a friend offering me a set of two Conti Sport Contacts for a price I wasn't able to refuse, I have only had Vred's on. I do all kinds of mileage, motorway as well as city and just occasionally when there is no risk to any other road user I have a little 'play' and put her through her paces ... these tyres IMO are as crucial to the vehicle (and my peace of mind) as the suspension and steering ... I get about a bit with mixed mileage, the last set changed - rear are still on at 4.5mm and 30,000 miles - front JUST changed, I removed the Reds after 23,500 miles at 3mm and put aforementioned Conti's on, I removed those at 15,500 miles with 3mm left ... Overall opinion ... The most UNDERRATED tyre on the market ... These are Very High Performance tyres masquerading as a better than mid range tyre ... but Shhh .. or the price will go up !!
0 - tyre reviewed on May 29, 2020
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Alfa Romeo (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 250 spirited miles
Having heard very good things about Vredestein tyres, I thought I'd give these a try. Being about £120 a corner delivered, they are far cheaper than the Michelin PS4S, which they are on a par with in a few dry performance tests.

After a few hundred miles on the front axle of my 285bhp Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV, I can safely say they grip like the car is on rails and the feedback is excellent. Wet grip is also very good. The tyres are fairly quiet and the sidewalls very stiff meaning feedback is good but comfort on motorways is not affected. They have much more feedback than the already decent Uniroyal RS3's I had on before thanks to being a bit stiffer. For about £120 for a 19" tyre, these are definitely worth the money, and I will probably get them for the back wheels as well when the time comes.

They also come with rim protection and are quite a good looking tyre with the carbon fibre look sidewalls.
6 - tyre reviewed on April 3, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Vauxhall Astra VXR (235/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 12,000 spirited miles
Great tyre I have always used the vorti so when the r came out I had to stick a set on. Great road feedback and superb grip in the dry and wet grip more than enough to challenge compettiters. Even on my front wheel drive astra vxr with 300bhp they grip when pulling away hard and cornering. Due another set now seen about 12000miles out of a set of fronts which I think is great.
Love these tyres so much I have put them on my other car too. You won't be disappointed.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 21, 2018

After all one tyre is 50 pounds cheaper than the Michelin so its worth the try.

Comfort is a lot better, especially on the speed bumps.

21 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2017