Falken ZE914

Progressiveness 81%
Falken ZE914

The Falken ZE914 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Falken ZE912

This tyre has been replaced by the Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

Tyre review data from 65 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 546,815 miles driven.

Falken ZE914 Reviews

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Omega 3l V6 (225-45-17-)
235/45/17
I have owned continentals contisport 3 and 5, goodyear Eagle NTC5, pirelli P7 and P6 and also TOYO tyres on this car. I am surprised that for low price you can get better tyres than any of the above. On dry they are amazing, you can really take corners at very high speeds and nothing will happen except for going faster into the same corner next time. On wet you dont lose much grip comparing to dry. It's amazing that the car grips just as well on wet as on dry.

Wear is very good with the new compound. It's not an issue any more like it was on Falken 512.
tyre reviewed on January 15, 2016
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru forester 2.5xt (235-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 4,000 spirited miles
i bought my subaru with this tires and was very impressed with how they perform on a crossover SUV with 230hp .. comfortable quiet and predictable is how i can describe these budget tires , great even for 230 hp. They didn't let me down , these are summer tires so don't run them under 10 degrees Celsius because they get hard and grip drops significantly. I ran these tires through the winter and the low temperatures have left there mark on them , in the spring when the temperatures started to clime over 15c , i went to a Subaru meeting and had some fun on some country winding roads .. the grip was different and when i looked closely at the tires i found small cracks in the compound.. great tire if not used in the winter o left in cold places during the winter
tyre reviewed on November 30, 2015
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
The best tyre ever buy. Before that was on 205/55/16 michelin pilot sport3. The falken is 10 times better but in 225/40/18!
tyre reviewed on October 14, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Opel meriva (195-50-16-V)
Driving on mostly country roads for 39,000 easy going miles
Fantastic tires at a reasonable price . Gripping and longevity are the strongest points for this tyre . Also , comfort at its best . Definitely I will buy them again .
tyre reviewed on August 5, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (215-55-16-W)
Put some 2200km on brand new set of front Falken ZE914 and I must say I am very impressed with the tyres so far. Handled really well in summer dry (up to 37 C temp outside) as well in rainy wet conditions. 9* for comfort as in first few km after mounting the tyres did make rather uncomfortable noise as oppose to my rear Conti's PremiumContact5 but that stopped once I broke 200-300 km and noise is no worse then any other premium brand; 9* for wear as they "seem" to be wearing off a tiny bit faster then Conti's BUT at this time I cannot be certain so I would just leave it at 9*. After 2200 km in just 10 days these tyres did not lose their balance at all or showed any weakness in comparison with Conti's. And they were literary on half price of Conti's. I am definitely ordering these for my other car and full set of Falken's winter tyres.
tyre reviewed on July 30, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis estate 1.8 petrol (215-55-17-W)
Quality tyre at a reasonable price , had them on for approx 6 mths (6000 miles ) unable to fault them ! I guess the main attribute of them is that they give confidence in how they make the car feel . Only point I can't give an opinion on is wear , but so far so good , have no reason to doubt they won't last . Buy again ... Yes without hesitation ..
tyre reviewed on July 25, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Jazz (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 15 spirited miles
Having lived with these now and had them on all 4 wheels I find they are a mixed bag of mostly good atributes.
Good in the wet and dry and wear is good too - apparently lower rolling resistance - I have no cause to doubt.
They are a little more twitchy than, say, Bridgestone ER300's I tried recently and less smooth running, but they counter with a more sporty handling and feedback - comfort or excitement then??
These are better then the Conti PC2's I had and also the Dunlops that came with the car (2030's) but I find myself wishing for a slightly less twitchy, jittery ride, my car is already on the firm side of ride.
tyre reviewed on July 4, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza 1.4 TDI (205-45-16-W)
Driving on mostly town for 75,000 average miles
Bought the tyres quite recent and not able to give the feedback regarding their wear.
I really like them, very grippy on dry and wet also.
I have the XL version as the sport suspension on my car destroyed the sidewall of the old BF goodrich g-grip .
they are not soft at all, with this hight and having reiforced sidewall, but this is what I opted for and it meets my expectations.
The tyres are not noisy at all, have the sidewall straight, for a clean look of the wheel.
The only drawback, is the almost inexistent rim protection like the BF's or the Dunlop sp sport maxx that I had.
tyre reviewed on April 28, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec (215-45-18-W)
Driving on mostly town for 30,000 spirited miles
I have them for third summer season, best tyres I ever had. Perfect wet and dry grip, very silent, durable.
tyre reviewed on April 27, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Sharan 1.9TDi (215-55-16-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
Bought 4 Falken ZE914 215/55 R16 97W tyres for a VW Sharan 1.9 TDI. Existing tyres were Dunlop SP Sport 2020E and had around 2-3mm tread on the back tyres and 2mm left on the front tyres. I've driven on Firestones and Dunlop SP Sport 9000 on previous cars. Dunlop advised changing to SP Sport 01 as they had stiffer shoulders so better road holding, because the VW Sharan has higher center of gravity. However I took a risk and went for an untried brand Falken Ziex 914 due to £20 price difference per tyre. I definitely made the CORRECT choice. Tyre pressures were kept the same as on the old tyres according to VW recommendations on the fuel cap. I ran in the tyres for 250 miles on local trips and on a motorway journey at 55 mph as advised. I''ve driven over 800 miles on motorway and local roads now and in comparison to the Dunlop SP Sport 2020e I got the following results in order of benefit. 1. Lighter steering, makes driving and parking much much easier, the tyres are somehow very light, even after running in. 2. Fuel MPG improved considerably by 4 + mpg as shown on the vw dash meter average. The MPG has gone up by at least 6 mpg on the motorway speeds of 55 to 75 mph 3. Comfort has improved, car is smoother over minor bumps, and slightly better over bigger bumps than the Dunlops. I've kept tyre pressures the same as the Dunlops. 4. Dry grip has improved slightly. I've noticed that the car no longer understeers or oversteers at 30mph - 40 mph on dual carriageway and motorway slip road bends. 5. Wet grip has considerably improved and I can feel control of the car at speed in the rain and can change lanes on a motorway feeling in control when I need to quickly move the car left or right when lane changing. 6. Noise is not noticeable locally but has slightly improved on the motorway. 7. Tyre Wear - Still too early even after 800 miles, will try to leave another review after 10K miles
Overall Verdict. After lots of research and nearly buying the SP Sport 01 or the SP Sport Blueresponse after reading reviews, I'm happy I made the right choice and saved money by choosing the Falken Ziex ZE914. I feel performance and comfort has increased. Previously only bought the bigger brands but now MUST consider mid price brands like Falken.
tyre reviewed on April 19, 2015