Falken ZE914

Show all: Falken tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Falken ZE914 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 30 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 145,500 miles driven.

Falken ZE914

85%

88%

Tyre Test Results:

Falken ZE914 Reviews

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda MX5 (225-45-17-)
Put a full set on my Mazda MX 5 - 1.8 - 56 plate, done 5000 miles and have so been very pleased with them
tyre reviewed on April 6, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile re-mapped Saab 9/3 turbo (225-45-17-W)
I wrote a review on November 2/2013 after 7000 spirited miles in my Saab which is actually re-mapped at 235 Bhp not 210 as stated,..... My feed back was rated at 91%...... I would now like to upgrade my review in light of having traveled over 10000+ miles through one of the wettest winters on record.... I have never lost confidence in the Capabilties of my Tyres, regardless of what road condition and speed I'm doing.... Obviously within the speed limits.. LOL
tyre reviewed on March 22, 2014
Looking to buy the Falken ZE914? Click here to search for the best price for the Falken ZE914 or any other tyre.

Given 55% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Aero HOT (215-45-17-W)
Bought these tyres to replace the falken ziex 912s which I had two sets of before, as I couldnt find them anymore. Looking at the name I thought these would be the upgrade, latest versions to them I couldnt be more wrong. 912s wet or dry phenomenal grip for a tyre of that price. 914s even after a 200 miles would start coming out on me on a roundabout in damp conditions without even trying to be enthusiastic. Dry was better but not like glue as the 912s or nowhere near. Now coming up to 2.5k on them and even yesterday taking off from the lights in wet conditions spinning up on me, I just dont understand that not like I was nailing it plus had a full car, really dont get on with this tyre even to a point I have found a site thats still got 912s on sale and will be buying a set. My review is based on comparing it to the 912s which I got on with quite well. Did come here before I bought them and seen nothing but good reviews which confuses me even more, maybe i got a dodgy batch of rubber or sonething I dunno. All I know is that the car doesnt feel planted on these.
tyre reviewed on March 22, 2014
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra R 225 (225-40-18-)
Awesome tyres highly recommended and a bargain at 90 quid a tyre.
tyre reviewed on March 12, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Ford c-max (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
Great mid range tyre. I'm not a weekend driver and I love these tires. Most of the time you wouldn't even notice the puddles or still water on the roads.
tyre reviewed on March 10, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta Zetec S (195-45-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
This is a very early opinion as tyres only been on a few days. Grip in the dry is brilliant, no worse than the Pirelli's they replaced. I haven't been out in pouring rain but on a damp road they grip fine. They are definitely quieter than Pirelli P zero that they replaced and a lot cheaper too. At the moment would I buy again, yes, BUT I will be interested to see how they wear. The Pirellis lasted ages, I had Firestone SZ90's before and they were awful and did not last any mileage. So far I am impressed.
tyre reviewed on November 14, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Grand Scenic (205-60-16-H)
My Scenic may be large and ungainly, but these tires are a massive improvment to the Avon ZV5's and Michelin Energy's that I've had before.

I drive a lot of small B roads/country lanes and they have been great in the wet, as well as the dry.

On fast roads, you can take the bends as fast as you want - you'll be worried about body roll before the tyres lose grip.

Had 2 on the front for 1500 miles, and 2 on the rear for 500 miles. For £78 each fitted, I'm impressed.
tyre reviewed on November 12, 2013
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 2.0T (210bhp) (225-45-17-W)
These are the best 4 tyres I could have put on my car for the price, I drive moderately/spirited most of the time but sometimes I really like to blow the spiders out of the turbo.....LOL... We have got relatives in north wales which requires a run on the A55 Chester bypass a few times a year, a total round trip of nearly 400 miles and it's a nice feeling knowing the tyres will cope with the Welsh winter weather, which sometimes can be very nasty and unpredictable.
tyre reviewed on November 2, 2013
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra (225-45-18-)
For a mid-range tyre my expectations were mid-range also. How wrong I was! For the performance, I would say these tyres are worthy of being a top brand. Dry grip excellent, but they really excel in the wet, even under 'spirited' driving. From a front wheel drive perspective, they are great, no locking up, hardly any wheel spin, no understeer, just plenty of grip! Not sure if the same results would be achieved in rear wheel drive cars, but I would be suprised if it were much different. Overall- excellently priced, road noise ok, grip superb, and comfort good. Done 2000miles so far and cant see any signs of wear yet.
tyre reviewed on October 16, 2013
Given 80% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai lantra 1999 1.8 (225-45-17-)
Just bought the three.did 1000km on them and they are supprisignly well.
Do very good on the dry and good on the wet.
Recommended for all economy and family cars and after a decent km will update again.
tyre reviewed on October 11, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!