Falken ZE914

Show all: Falken tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Falken ZE914 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 52 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 298,500 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Falken ZE912

86%

87%

Tyre Test Results:

Falken ZE914 Reviews

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class AMG (265-35-18-W)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
Had these on the rear of my Mercedes E55 AMG which has bags of torque and they are very grippy. 5k miles gone now and hardly any sign of wear despite the traction control often lighting up under hard acceleration.
I see no reason to change brand when these eventually need replacing.
tyre reviewed on January 10, 2015
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Qashqai (215-55-18-H)
Driving on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
TYRES NEED REPLACING AT 13k
tyre reviewed on December 23, 2014
Looking to buy the Falken ZE914? Click here to search for the best price for the Falken ZE914 or any other tyre.

Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Ibiza (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
very impressive tyre,have had rainsport 3 on my main car and i rate the falkens as a much better all round tyre. really nice looking side wall and meant to last around 20000 miles,was looking at fitting premium tyres on my other car,but so surprissed how good the falkens are may fit these instead,agree with the ratings of 90% on all 7 ratings which is pretty much as good as youre going to get and for the price a real good tyre purchase!
tyre reviewed on December 18, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a BMW Z4 (225-45-17-W)
Had these on my car from August 2013, due to needing to change my punctured runflat, which were too harsh over the stupid speed bumps/potholes of UK roads.
When first on all was good
However, after usual wear, gotten 15K out of them so cant grumble, noticed that going round a large roundabout the back end started to try and become the front...panic
I dont have a heavy right foot
Now winter is here I can actually notice the difference to when I first had them on last year, they dont inspire confidence and I am having to change my driving behaviour.

May now try rainsport...local garage says can do for same money.
tyre reviewed on December 12, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord Tourer (225-45-17-)
A really excellent tyre, had the ze912 before on my BMW which I was impressed with. The ze914 is better still and still offers the same value for money. would not pay big bucks for a premium tyre again. Wear is good, done 12k and still plenty of life left. Most importantly the tyre is very quiet!
tyre reviewed on November 6, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn DS3 THP 150 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Initially, I saw a dramatic difference when leaving the garage as the tyres gripped well in the dry and fairly well in the wet. They seemed to let go on some corners when cornering hard and the traction control stepped in.

These were fitted to my DS3 THP for around 16 months when they wore down to the limit having done around 10 000 miles which I felt to be quite rapid wear with mainly town driving. This may be due to the weight of the engine on the front but I consider this to be poor wear.

I'm moving to Avon ZZ5's due to recommendation so hopefully they will wear better.
tyre reviewed on October 16, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Celica VVTLi (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Knowing how bad the weather is in the UK, I opted to primarily find tyre that gives good wet grip. Put simply, these hoops give you plenty of feedback when wet, so it lets you know when it's going to let go.

You need to be really giving it some through wet twisties, or cross a rivulet at pace for them to break traction, but when it does, it's very predictable. Wet roundabouts = no problems! The feedback lets you drive as confidently as in the dry. You'd obviously still wheelspin if you dump the clutch in the wet, even with modest torque!

In the dry, they're not as sticky as say more sports oriented rubber, but I'm glad I have the safety net in the wet.

5000 miles and no signs of excessive wear!
tyre reviewed on October 15, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (245-45-18-W)
these have been by far the best tyres I have had on my car. for a mid range tyre you wont get any better. so far they have done 12,000 miles and they hardly look used. I will definitely buy these again.
tyre reviewed on October 13, 2014
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo (225-45-17-)
After a bad experience with some Goodyears I was going to revert to some Pirelli P zeros (an animal known to me). However, I got tempted by the 914s after my son put some on his car. I don't do high mileage but having put 4 on in the Spring they have performed well on two long Summer holiday trips to Cornwall and France. While they perhaps don't have the 'sticky' grip of P zeros I felt very safe with these in each corner. The car handled beautifully with a very full load on each holiday (4 adults, luggage, roof box and dog). Premium tyre performance at a fraction of the price. PS. They are showing hardly any signs of wear
tyre reviewed on October 11, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Espace Mk IV (225-55-17-W)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on September 12, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: