Falken ZE914

Show all: Falken tyres, Passenger Car Summer Premium Touring tyres
The Falken ZE914 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 47 tyre reviews averaging 85% over 265,500 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Falken ZE912

85%

88%

Tyre Test Results:

Falken ZE914 Reviews

Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn DS3 THP 150 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
Initially, I saw a dramatic difference when leaving the garage as the tyres gripped well in the dry and fairly well in the wet. They seemed to let go on some corners when cornering hard and the traction control stepped in.

These were fitted to my DS3 THP for around 16 months when they wore down to the limit having done around 10 000 miles which I felt to be quite rapid wear with mainly town driving. This may be due to the weight of the engine on the front but I consider this to be poor wear.

I'm moving to Avon ZZ5's due to recommendation so hopefully they will wear better.
tyre reviewed on October 16, 2014
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Celica VVTLi (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 spirited miles
Knowing how bad the weather is in the UK, I opted to primarily find tyre that gives good wet grip. Put simply, these hoops give you plenty of feedback when wet, so it lets you know when it's going to let go.

You need to be really giving it some through wet twisties, or cross a rivulet at pace for them to break traction, but when it does, it's very predictable. Wet roundabouts = no problems! The feedback lets you drive as confidently as in the dry. You'd obviously still wheelspin if you dump the clutch in the wet, even with modest torque!

In the dry, they're not as sticky as say more sports oriented rubber, but I'm glad I have the safety net in the wet.

5000 miles and no signs of excessive wear!
tyre reviewed on October 15, 2014
Looking to buy the Falken ZE914? Click here to search for the best price for the Falken ZE914 or any other tyre.

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Insignia CDTI 160 (245-45-18-W)
these have been by far the best tyres I have had on my car. for a mid range tyre you wont get any better. so far they have done 12,000 miles and they hardly look used. I will definitely buy these again.
tyre reviewed on October 13, 2014
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo (225-45-17-)
After a bad experience with some Goodyears I was going to revert to some Pirelli P zeros (an animal known to me). However, I got tempted by the 914s after my son put some on his car. I don't do high mileage but having put 4 on in the Spring they have performed well on two long Summer holiday trips to Cornwall and France. While they perhaps don't have the 'sticky' grip of P zeros I felt very safe with these in each corner. The car handled beautifully with a very full load on each holiday (4 adults, luggage, roof box and dog). Premium tyre performance at a fraction of the price. PS. They are showing hardly any signs of wear
tyre reviewed on October 11, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Espace Mk IV (225-55-17-W)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on September 12, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen passat (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 25,000 spirited miles
I HAVE BEEN USING FALKEN TYRES FOR NEARLY 4 YEARS I DO SO MUCH DRIVING AND IVE ALWAYS TRUSTED fALKEN TYRES I USE TO USE FALKEN 452 BUT THEY STOPPED DOING THEM AND STARTED FK453 BUT I MUCH RATHER ZE914 COZ THEY LAST MUCH LONGER AND SMOOTH
tyre reviewed on September 4, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205-50-17-W)
Bought these after reading reviews on this tyre. Was on a budget so went for mid range tyres. I am glad I did as these are excellent tyres. I have used GY Efficientgrip, Conti sport 5 and Dunlop sport Maxx RT. The falkens provide as good dry and wet grip with these best of these, quieter than all of them, with as good fuel efficiency. Yet handling was excellent with good feedback. The wear rate thus far has been very impressive. I have done 5000 miles. I just had a brake check at a local ford garage and they still had 8mm in all four corners, ie virtually no wear!
Very impressed, highly recommended.
tyre reviewed on September 3, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Accord (225-45-17-)
Having used 10 sets of tyres in 100000 miles of my Honda Accord 2.0 sport trying nearly every manufacture Michelin Goodyear Pirelli kunho firestone etc I have been really impressed with these. I am a spirited driver and expect excellent wet and dry weather feedback. These tyres do exactly that. Comfortable on the motorway , rock solid in the rain ( which is most of our weather) but also surprisingly good under real racing ( Castle Combe track day)
The best compliment is that I never have to think about them , which is not always the case with some. I was very impressed with the Michelin Primacy which cost 40 percent more and with the exception of a minor reduction in dry weather feedback I would say these are very similar in terms of performance. I will be returning when they wear out.
You won't be disappointed
tyre reviewed on August 28, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Grande Punto TJet (205-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Nice tyre. Good lateral grip and traction both on dry and wet, good comfort and low noise.
Even if Bridgestone RE050A (oem) had a better lateral grip and the steer seemed stiffer I don't miss them: they are a bit too much sporty.
Falken ZE 914 are cheaper but the quality is very good.
Signs of wear are already visible on front axle (thanks to a smart indicator system), probably the compound is a bit soft.
If wear doesn't get worse so quickly I would buy again
tyre reviewed on August 13, 2014
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (195-60-15-H)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
A very good tire, both wet and dry area, my abs is on vacation ... have a very good price compared to the competition. I will definitely buy again.
tyre reviewed on August 4, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: