Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue

The Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The Cinturato P7 Blue, Pirelli’s ambassador for sustainability, has been renewed and now extends its ‘AA’ European tyre label rating to all new sizes, setting a new standard.

When originally launched in 2012, the Cinturato P7 Blue was the first tyre in the world to claim a maximum score on the European tyre label for energy efficiency and safety (in certain sizes). The latest Cinturato P7 Blue extends this standard to the new sizes added to the range, meaning that it now boasts a maximum European tyre label score on nearly all the sizes in the entire range.

This tyre replaced the Pirelli CINTURATO P7

Tyre review data from 22 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 365,989 miles driven.

2018 New and Worn Summer Tyre Test - 4th of 17 tyres

2018 Gute Fahrt Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 12 tyres

• Positive - A very balanced tyre, performing well in braking and handling tests.
  • Negative - Average aquaplaning result.
  • Overall - Very Good.

2018 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 9th of 16 tyres

225/55 R17 101W XL   B A 72
225/40 R18 92W XL   B A 72
235/40 R18 95Y XL   B A 72
245/40 R18 97Y XL   B A 72
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue Review

Given 90% while driving a Opel vectra c (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Hello.

I bought the Pirelli Cinturato P7 blue as a replacement for Uniroyal RainSport2/Continental SportContatc2 combo that was fitted to the car when I bought it.
Was deciding between Conti SportContact5, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti and Cinturato P7 blue. Finally decided fot touring instead of sport tire and I'm not sorry. The tires are safe and progressive, very strong in wet conditions, very fuel efficient and ware slowly (after 10.000 miles stil 6,5-7mm thread left).
My driving style is mixed - mostly is motorway (75 mph) but I do alot of B road too and sometimes a section ot two of very spirited driving. Because these are touring tires I really cant fault them.

However ...

If you are doing a lot of spirited driving be ware ...
They have soft sidewalls so the road feedback and turn in into corners is a bit mooshy, grip is pleanty if driving is precise, but the tire will slide if you apply full power on faster (60 mph) long sweepers when the tires are fully loaded.

Final thoughts ...
Very competent, efficient and safe tire for touring and sometimes spirited driving.

For its intentions would definitly recomend ;)

Cheers from Slovenia
39 - tyre reviewed on August 26, 2015

Latest Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue Reviews

Have you driven on the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Cinturato P7 Blue.

Given 56% while driving a SEAT Leon FR 1.4 EcoTSI (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 12,500 average miles
I'm still using the the tires after 3 years and 20,000km on Seat Leon 5F FR 150HP FWD.
Dry grip is ok when tires are cold but fantastic if they are warmed up, but I can't tell the same for wet grip. Wet grip is really poor if you push them on bendy roads and corners. I experience understeer in wet conditions and it scares me.

The wear on the tires are excellent. After 20,000km 6.5 mm of tread left on the tires.
Comfort is below average I think. Even my Petlas w651 snow tires are more comfortable on bumpy roads and less noisy than these.

I think the rolling resistance of these tires are exceptional. I get 6 - 6.5 lt / 100 km of gasoline consumption in city.

I think I'll try Goodyear as my next tires because of the comfort issues of these tires.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2018
Given 37% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (235/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 25,000 average miles
the worst tires I ever had
not satisfied from the first day
dangerous on wet
not bad on a dry road
after 20k, they are only suitable for change
I think it's tires for taxi, and tiny cars
absolutely not suitable for sedans with an engine over 100hp
is the second Pirelli model and never more Pirelli
the previous ones were good, but still not perfect
I used conti tires, Michelin, nexen
different models, and I have never been so disappointed
even budget tires, just better
please avoid, take care of your safety
do not buy it, life is more important
1 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2018
Given 67% while driving a Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro (225/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
I drive quite a lot mostly on motorways and I have the tyres since 3 years already. I like them due to a lot of good issues which all others have also mentioned, however I am now thinking to change to another brand. The reason for that is that I had to order already 2 extra tyres in the last 1 year. 1 was damaged last fall at the car maintenance during the change for my winter tyres. The Pirelli was torn apart through the usual tool which they use to remove it from the rim. I was shocked when I saw it after 1 1/2 year of usage. In the maintenance they told me that they've never seen something like that. Last week when I let my winter tyres change to the Pirelli again at another maintenance one of the tyres had a bulge on the inner side. Either I received accidentally the 2 worst tyres made by Pirelli or the quality is worrying. I just ordered another tyre and it will be the last P7 Blue and will see what will happen.
3 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2018
Given 94% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 36,430 spirited miles
The previous tyres fitted to my Mk3 Skoda Octavia vRS when it was new lasted less than 22,000 miles of spirited cross country driving on mixed A & B roads so I went looking for a tyre that would wear less but provide better economy and grip in both wet and dry conditions. After reading many tyre reviews I decided to fit a set of 4 Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue tyres as they had scored well in previous tests and reviews, and I have not been disappointed. After covering over 36,400 miles there is still just under 4mm of tread on each tyre, mind you I have rotated Front to Rear every 10,000 miles to ensure even wear, even with a Stage 1 remap the tyres handled the additional power and torque for the last 26,000 miles and have continued to provide me with the same level of grip and comfort as they did when initially fitted. I think that they are so good, that I'm about to order another full set.
3 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2018
Given 73% while driving a Lancia Delta 1.4 T Jet Platino (215/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 2,015 spirited miles
Realy good on wet roads.
Not enough energy efficinesy. I did not find eny drop in fuel consumption.
Silades on start and sharp corners.
There was some balance problems; can not be solved easly.
Light, good tire...