Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue

The Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The Cinturato P7 Blue, Pirelli’s ambassador for sustainability, has been renewed and now extends its ‘AA’ European tyre label rating to all new sizes, setting a new standard.

When originally launched in 2012, the Cinturato P7 Blue was the first tyre in the world to claim a maximum score on the European tyre label for energy efficiency and safety (in certain sizes). The latest Cinturato P7 Blue extends this standard to the new sizes added to the range, meaning that it now boasts a maximum European tyre label score on nearly all the sizes in the entire range.

This tyre replaced the Pirelli CINTURATO P7

Tyre review data from 28 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 568,389 miles driven.

2018 New and Worn Summer Tyre Test - 4th of 17 tyres

2018 Gute Fahrt Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 12 tyres

• Positive - A very balanced tyre, performing well in braking and handling tests.
  • Negative - Average aquaplaning result.
  • Overall - Very Good.

2018 ADAC Summer Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 9th of 16 tyres

225/55 R17 101W XL   B A 72
225/40 R18 92W XL   B A 72
235/40 R18 95Y XL   B A 72
245/40 R18 97Y XL   B A 72
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue Review

Given 90% while driving a Opel vectra c (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 average miles
Hello.

I bought the Pirelli Cinturato P7 blue as a replacement for Uniroyal RainSport2/Continental SportContatc2 combo that was fitted to the car when I bought it.
Was deciding between Conti SportContact5, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti and Cinturato P7 blue. Finally decided fot touring instead of sport tire and I'm not sorry. The tires are safe and progressive, very strong in wet conditions, very fuel efficient and ware slowly (after 10.000 miles stil 6,5-7mm thread left).
My driving style is mixed - mostly is motorway (75 mph) but I do alot of B road too and sometimes a section ot two of very spirited driving. Because these are touring tires I really cant fault them.

However ...

If you are doing a lot of spirited driving be ware ...
They have soft sidewalls so the road feedback and turn in into corners is a bit mooshy, grip is pleanty if driving is precise, but the tire will slide if you apply full power on faster (60 mph) long sweepers when the tires are fully loaded.

Final thoughts ...
Very competent, efficient and safe tire for touring and sometimes spirited driving.

For its intentions would definitly recomend ;)

Cheers from Slovenia
46 - tyre reviewed on August 26, 2015

Latest Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue Reviews

Have you driven on the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Cinturato P7 Blue.

Given 59% while driving a Opel Vectra C GTS (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Hi,

This is a follow up on mid life of the tires!

After just 16.500km and 2 seasons of driving these tires have become I'd call dangerous on wet, with almost no grip at all, the car won't stop just like in ice even with just a little bit of rain on the road. Also when accelerating you have to be very very gentle.

On the dry it is the first time I experience my car lose grip even at very low speeds (on town roads), the dry handling was not particularly good to begin with but now the car is all over the place.

Barking and comfort wise I cannot feel any noticeable diffidence.

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED BY PIRELLI, and It is very hard for me to understand how and why a brand like Pirelli makes such a bad product, definitely not going to buy any pirelli tiers again!
1 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2019
Given 44% while driving a BMW 523i tourer (225/55 R16 W) on mostly motorways for 12,400 easy going miles
Bought these tyres as replacement of the Pirelli Cinturato P7 with BMW * marked.
The P7* performed pretty well. I have the tyres on a BMW E61 5-series. Initially I put the tyres on the rear wheels. The car went all over the place. The tyres gave very poor longitudinal stability. On the front wheels they are reasonable. Although.... I had to exchange tyres under waranty 2x as the tyres were simply not round and very hard to balance. Strong points of the tyres is grip in dry conditions and they seem to last forever. 20.000 km (12400miles) and just 1 - 1.5mm wear.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 13, 2019
Given 78% while driving a Volvo V60 D5 (235/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
I purchased this set of 4 Pirelli P7 Blue tyres, replacing Continentals on my Volvo V60, after reading reviews.

I was particularly impressed by the 3/4 mpg reduction in my fuel consumption, but my problems with these tyres are that they are very easily damaged. 3 out 4 of these tyres have had to be replaced due to sidewall bulges. The first was replaced after 10,200 miles. The second was replaced at 16900 miles and the faulty tyre returned to Pirelli for their comments, which were that the damage was probably caused by pot holes. Both these tyres were replaced with the same PirelliP7 Blue tyres. The third tyre was replaced with an Avon tyre, as it was the only one available in stock at the particular tyre centre, with the correct specification, and the faulty tyre again returned to Pirelli for their comments and again the response was that the damage was probably caused by pot holes.
Now, considering the state of a lot of our roads, regarding pot holes, I don't consider these tyres fit for purpose, It's easy for Pirelli to just state that 'it's probably due to pot hole damage', but if the side walls are not strong enough to withstand the rigors of our roads, they are not fit for purpose, and added to that is the inherant cost of replacing tyres that were not worn out!.

I have never had this type of problem with any previous makes tyres, on any of my cars, in over 50 years of driving.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2019