Pirelli CINTURATO P7

Progressiveness 76%
Pirelli CINTURATO P7

The Pirelli CINTURATO P7 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Tyre review data from 55 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 726,412 miles driven.

205/55 R16 £44.90 - £78.80 (84 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £57.00 - £101.00 (69 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/40 R18 £73.70 - £119.47 (11 prices) Compare Prices >>

Pirelli CINTURATO P7 Reviews

Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Audi 1.8T Quattro (245-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
Original tyres on my brand new audi 1.8 tfsi quattro. For the first 10k miles they were pretty good. But as they aged they became very bad. At 15k miles they were really stiff and there was no feedback. Although there was seemingly absolutely no wear after all these miles I had a strange feeling when driving them, as they made too much noise and even deformed. Yes they had DEFORMED only after 15k miles. They lost their shape and were very dangerous.

Throughout their usage there was significant amount of aquaplaning and although the car is a quattro I struggled a lot when on the motorway, even at lower speeds on the wet.

I threw them away before winter and will never buy again anything that is a summer tyre and says Pirelli on it. Waiting for spring and looking forward to the new Michelin ps4.
tyre reviewed on February 9, 2016
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225-45-17-W)
Dry grip: phenominal! Really grippy tire in the dry. Nothing to complain about, above my expectations

Wet grip: Can handle a lot of power. My Giulietta has 200HP on the front tyres and there isn't wheelspin above 70km/ph when putting your foot down.

Road Feedback: The wheel has a soft side cheek, so there isn't really a lot of feedback. You don't exactly feel what is going on.

Progressiveness: I haven't found the edge of this wheel. I just has a lot of grip!

Wear: Can't say a lot about that. I bought the wheels new and after 8000km hardly any wear is seen.

Comfort: This is where this tyres excel! They are quiet, soft and really nice in day to day trafic.

Buy again: If I wasn't searching for a more sporty tyre this would definitely a buy again. But I bought bigger wheels, so need other tyres. I just bought the Brigdestone Potenza S001, a wheel that is a bit stiffer for more sporty driving.

The Pirelli Cinturato P7 is for drivers who drive sporty at the time, but also need a tyre that can easily handle long trips and every weather condition.
tyre reviewed on January 14, 2016
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Hyundai Coupe 2.0L (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
I've had these tyres put on a Vauxhall Astra G Coupe once before as a replacement for the rubbish Event WL905 it came with and these were far superior. 3 years later and the tyres on our current Hyundai Coupe were due replacement, instantly we bought these and quite frankly these are even more superb than I thought. Baring in mind the Hyundai Coupe has an excellent suspension setup so it corners flat and level although with a harsh ride these tyres will NOT let go, not one bit, even in the wet, I've actually taken bends and corners at ridiculous speeds in the pouring rain and it's like super glue. The harsh ride was also much improved with these tyres. Honestly, these tyres are incredible and I've recommended them to everyone I know.

Dry grip is excellent
Wet grip is excellent
Snow grip (tested in old car) is very good for a summer tyre

I will only buy Pirelli P7 Cinturato from now on. These are miles ahead of the rubbish we once new e.g. P6000
tyre reviewed on January 9, 2016
Given 34% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 320D (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 easy going miles
These came as standard on my BMW 320D F30. They were run flats and it was my first encounter with runflats. My car felt like it was not on rubber tyres but stone boulders. These transmitted every imperfection in the road into the car in the form of thuds and bangs.

The final straw came in feb 2014 when driving on the m6. I was doing 60mph in the outside lane when on no less than 3 occacsions the car nearly aquaplaned into the central reservation. Even at 50mph in the middle lane the same. Never again would I drive with these on, and I would never ever pay to put these on the car.

Yes if they puncture you can drive 50 miles, but if you've died in a crash from just normal driving theres no point having these on!
tyre reviewed on November 9, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (205-55-16-H)
Great tires. I have them for 2 years droven about 15k km. Very good on dry lot of grip and you can feel when limit of grip is comming.
tyre reviewed on October 29, 2015
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a BMW X1 2.0d Sdrive (225-50-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 0 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on August 12, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Acura 3.2 TL (215-50-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
Great tyre. Love this. I have been to use Brigistone, Toyo, Yokohama in this 20 years in my country(Japan), but I have never been to feel anything from tyre. But this Cinturato P7 is different. Is gives me different experieces in every day.
tyre reviewed on June 5, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225-60-17-V)
Supplied as OE. 5mm left after 23k miles so should be good for 30k a set at least. But terrible in even the tiniest bit of snow so my 4wd SUV wasn't any good. Will swap for all season scorpion Verde before next winter as I don't want separate winter & summer tyres.
tyre reviewed on February 24, 2015
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V50 estate (205-50-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 26, 2015
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru Legacy (205-55-16-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
The problem I had with these tyres was their fall off in performance with age. These were fitted as summer tyres and as a result were only used for half of the year. By the end of the third summer they were discarded with a decent amount of tread, because they turned hard and slippery. The star ratings would have been much higher if I had rated them at the beginning of the relationship. Another small issue shared with other users of this tyre that I have spoken to, is that they turn chocolate brown after a few weeks and never turn back black again. No amount or brand of tyre dressing remedies this
tyre reviewed on January 4, 2015