Avon ZV5

Avon ZV5 Reviews (newest first) - Page 4

Given 80% while driving a CitroŽn C5 (215/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I have the ZV5's on a 2001 Citroen C5 2.2 HDI Hatchback. All 4 wheels have the same tyre. (I do not believe you can really say how a tyre performs unless you have the same tyre to all 4 wheels)

I had the XL version fitted instead of the standard ones. The XL version has a load index on 97 whereas the standard ones are 93.

The effect of this was less flexible sidewalls which tightened up the handling. Lots more grins more mile :)

The tyres suit the C5 well, the backs are hardly worn, but the fronts only last 10,000 to 12,000 miles. The C5 is quite front heavy and the ZV5's appear to be a softer compound than some others.

If you want your C5 2.2 HDI to feel stable then I would recommend you give a set of these a try.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 18, 2014
Given 100% while driving a Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 25,000 spirited miles
Best tyres I've ever had on a car! I work at a garage and only had decent reviews Fromm customers when they've had them on there cars, there decently priced . They have lasted 25000 miles and I don't drive slow and they still have a little bit left. Can't wait to buy again! Great response in the wet and snow and fantastic in dry. Can't hardly hear any feedback from the road! Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND
0 - tyre reviewed on June 3, 2014
Given 83% while driving a Rover 75 auto (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 24,000 average miles
Very good grip in the wet and the dry. Good precise responsiveness, particularly on corners. Wear is good, but not the best I have ever had. Braking performance is excellent.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2014
Given 84% while driving a SEAT LEON 1.8TSI (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
excellent overall tyre. wear them for over 30.000 miles seem still like new.
very good in dry very good in wet.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 12, 2014
Given 81% while driving a Volkswagen Golf mk6 GTD (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
On my last 2 cars Volvo T4 & Golf GT TDI fitting Avon ZV5 has transformed the cars. Just bought a Golf GTD with Pirellis on and they grip in a straight line but I nearly ended up in the side of a BMW at modest speed on a damp road. Will replace with Avons next time. Excellent tyre
0 - tyre reviewed on March 10, 2014
Given 70% while driving a Skoda Skoda Superb MK1 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
Had these on my Skoda Superb 1.9 TDi 130 for about 12,000 miles now, they're about half worn.
The dry grip is okay, obviously I don't go ragging it, as it's a massive Saloon with very soft suspension. However they're noticeably not as good as the Goodyears I had on before them.
Wet grip is again okay. Resistance to aquaplaning on motorways at speed is fabulous, but getting off the mark in a hurry is difficult, the fronts spin and then the ASR takes over every time! I know it's a heavy car, but the Goodyears coped much better with this.
They're not as absorbing of shocks as other tyres I've used.

Wouldn't buy again, would buy Goodyear.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 18, 2014
Given 40% while driving a Vauxhall Vectra SRI 1.9 (150) (215/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
Had these on the front ov my vectra Sri made the steering wheel constantly twitch in my hand the car never felt safe . When cornering they would roll on the side walls it felt as if the front would bounce back and forth about 6 inches and. If. You reacted to it it made it worse it felt. Like a. Noddey car.. At motorway speeds when you pulled out of traffic the car would dip 2 to 3 cm . One side then the other as the wind moved over the car...when they were onthe back. The rear would twitch from side to side due to the angle of rear wheels. So you were constantly have. To adjust steering wheel.hated having these on my car ...horribly tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 9, 2014
Given 53% while driving a Vauxhall Signum 1.9 CDTI (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 150,000 average miles
i do about 15000 miles per year, last year I replaced a pair of Nexen (mid range)on the front for 15000 miles and some budget tyres that came with the car on the rear so no idea on those. The Avon ZV5 were starting to look worn on the front after 10k while the rear looked almost new. I swapped back to front and now coming upto 15k miles, looks like I am going to need 4 new ones. For an average tyre that only lasts 15K costing £120 each I will go back to budgets.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 9, 2014
Given 90% while driving a Ford c max (205/50 R17) on mostly country roads for 70,000 spirited miles
I have been driving everything for the last 50 years, slow, very fast, long, heavy, on and off road, including as a development engineer in the motor industry, and I can honestly say that these tyres are a perfect match for the c-max chassis. I have had 4 c-max with all kinds of tyres fitted, and twice I have reverted to Avon ZV5 after less than satisfactory experiences with other makes. Both times the result has been a big grin !
0 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2013
Given 60% while driving a Ford Focus (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
2 things these tyres definitely don't do well is greasy roads/roudabouts ..they start to slide too early too easily and secondly they do wheelspin very easy from standstill on all but the driest of conditions...comfort is about average i'd say
1 - tyre reviewed on December 21, 2013