Dunlop SP Sport LM704

The Dunlop SP Sport LM704 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 19 tyre reviews averaging 76% over 293,500 miles driven.

2015 Auto Review Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Price, strong sidewall
  • Negative - Extremely low wet grip, low resistance to aquaplaning, high rolling resistance
  • Overall - Not available in the UK market, Auto Review found the Dunlop LM704's dangerous thanks to a shocking performance in the wet. OK for hot climates with pot holed roads that don't see rain. No where else.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Dunlop SP Sport LM704

Questions and Answers for the Dunlop SP Sport LM704

2016-10-11 - There are mixed reviews about this tire's wet grip. I live in the tropics, so if this tire is dangerous on wet roads, that's a serious no-buy issue for me. Can anybody shed light on the issue about the wet grip?

Unfortunately we have no direct experience with the Dunlop LM704, however we are confident Dunlop would never release a product which could be classified as dangerous in the wet.

2017-06-14 - Who performed the 2015 Auto Review Summer Tyre Test? Because in the other Q&A you mentioned "no direct experience" with this tyre. As a family man, I only want safe tyres and the reviews between "tester" and "user" are contradicting each other. So can you please confirm if this tyre has good grip on wet?

Auto Review are a Russian automotive publication. They tested the tyres themselves for the article. Auto Review found the LM704 had poor wet grip compared to 8 other leading competitors.

2019-03-21 - Pls provide threadwear rating on this tire

Unfortunately we don't have the treadwear rating for the LM 704.

Top Dunlop SP Sport LM704 Review

Given 87% while driving a Mazda 2010 2.3mps (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Best tyre so have ever had on a car, I am running 260+hp through the front wheels and while they will break traction in a straight line relatively easily I can't think of a time they have produced under steer in the wet or dry. I got them when I purchased the car, they had some light wear, after 15000km of somewhat spirited driving, the fronts are quite worn (still 2mm of tread before needing replacement) but the rears have only worn a couple of mm.

I would buy them again in a heartbeat if they were still available in New Zealand
146 - tyre reviewed on December 1, 2015

Latest Dunlop SP Sport LM704 Reviews

Have you driven on the Dunlop SP Sport LM704 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Dunlop SP Sport LM704? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Dunlop SP Sport LM704 >>

Given 89% while driving a Suzuki SX4 1.6 LITRE PETROL (205/60 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I had to do this comparison because the previous tyres I had on my car were not good regarding the performance as the name claimed (Goodyear efficient Grip Performance) So I was looking for better tyres. And I found them with Dunlop. The design is nothing special, but it's got better grip, both on dry and wet asphalt. On concrete roads the grip however diminishes. I like the handling on curves, because the Goodyear EGP are quite soft on the sides so when taking a curve I could feel the car weight going on the opposite side of the curve. This doesn't happen with the Dunlop LM704. I don't have to use the breaks while approaching a curve. Ive tried emergency breaking and the tyres don't slip on dry or wet asphalt. I totally recommend them.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 14, 2020
Given 33% while driving a Toyota Camry (215/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
These tyres are dangerous in the wet. Also a very firm ride. Wouldn’t recommend at all
7 - tyre reviewed on February 27, 2020
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 56% while driving a Peugeot 405 (205/55 R15 V) on mostly country roads for 50,000 average miles
It has some positive points but It is definitely dangerous in wet.i have accident in staight street with 140km/h and I didn't understand whats hapens.lm704 is worse tyre in wet that I experienced.
Its realy realy toooooo much dangrous in wet
7 - tyre reviewed on December 17, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Toyota Vios (155/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
Very comfortable, affordable and nice handling. In Indonesia which only has 2 season, summer and rainy season, this tyre really good.
9 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2019
Given 51% while driving a Mazda Mazda 6 2.5 GH (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 50,000 average miles
These tyres lack grip both dry and wet. My car, that is by no means powerful, easily spin them from standstill and on inclines. I would call these dangerous in the wet as they are frequently prone to aquaplaning.
On the plus side, the tyre does give very direct steering feel and is easy to control just past its limit which made for some fun drifting. Wears well too - have done roughly 80,000km on a combination of highway and city roads.
9 - tyre reviewed on July 31, 2019