Fulda Kristall Control HP2

The Fulda Kristall Control HP2 is a High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Fulda has developed a new high-performance winter tire for high-performance vehicles: the Kristall Control HP2. A multitude of modern technologies in the Fulda Kristall Control HP2 have been combined to create a tire that drivers can count on in winter conditions.

This tyre replaced the Fulda Kristall Control HP

Tyre review data from 5 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 10,200 miles driven.

2018 51 Winter Tyre Shootout - 2nd of 52 tyres

2018 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 4th of 22 tyres

• Positive - Winter specialist with a balanced performance in the dry and wet. High aquaplaning safety, quiet, low fuel use.
  • Negative - None mentioned.

2018 ADAC Winter Tyre Test - 205/55 R16 - 7th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good in the dry
  • Negative - Slightly weak in the wet and snow
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Fulda Kristall Control HP2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Fulda Kristall Control HP2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Fulda Kristall Control HP2 Review

Given 89% while driving a BMW 520i (205/60 R16) on for 0 miles
very good tires. Good handling on heavy snow roads.
118 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2017

Latest Fulda Kristall Control HP2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Fulda Kristall Control HP2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Kristall Control HP2.

Given 90% while driving a BMW 530d F11 (245/45 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 3,500 average miles
Very good grip and driving in wet roads. Very good in poor snow, also in wet snow, but not very good in ice roads for braking and no good grip in ice. Noisy when speed more than 100km/h, but good handling and road feedback.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 29, 2019
Given 68% while driving a BMW 330i M Sport Coupe (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 700 average miles
Hit a curb today i was unable to stop for around 15 meter with these brand new tires were driving around 40mp/h
1 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2019
Given 87% while driving a SEAT 1.4 TSI (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
Bought them because the reviews were good and I they were pretty cheap while still being a tyre made by the Dunlop/Goodyear group.
I'd like to specify that my "reference" as a summer tyre is a Dunlop SportMaxx RT2.
The ride is pretty good, I have 18" rims but the car is pretty comfortable and this doesn't change with these, they may be even better than the summer tyres. Noise levels are good too and the typical noise that winter tyres make (typically when you're slowing down and stopping) is not particularly noticeable.
Handling is really safe, maybe not the most fun but the car is always easy to control and predictable. I had a few times with my summer tyres (when I was really pushing the car) where the car decided to go sideways when the "partially deactivated" ESC decided that he didn't like me making the car widen up the trajectory with the throttle; such a thing never happened with these tyres instead. The front is always going to be the one to give up first. They even saved my ass (helped by the ESC, fully activated fortunately) when I took a damp and greasy, badly designed, new roundabout, too fast; ESC started working like crazy, the car kept it's composure and trajectory and I got out of it effortlessly. (Plenty of people crash on that roundabout since day one, the guardrail is full of dents and scratches).
Grip is really good too, especially while accelerating. Even on damp roads in second gear most of the times the tyres don't spin, and I've got 150PS. I suppose the sipes really do their job.
The best part? Snow and Ice traction. It didn't snow much last year in southern italy so I decided to go find some snow because I wanted to test them. I found a few snow covered roads and it almost didn't even feel like I was driving on snow. I found then a really steep incline inside the city that, since it was in the shade and was really steep, none had dared to drive through; I went up and found out that either I could only go right, which was a dead end, and on the left was a "wrong way". Stupidly, I stopped and suddenly realized that I shouldn't have,"this thing is too steep, I'm gonna get stuck" I though. Oh boy was I wrong; with the help of the electronic differential despite the snow and ice I started going up with minimal wheelspin, made a U turn and went back downhill without even triggering the ABS. That was so satisfying.
Can't comment on wear but didn't seem excessive.
Honestly I can't really find any big fault in them, especially for the price. If you're looking for a safe tyre for the winter they're a good choice, especially if you're gonna drive through lots of snow and ice.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 25, 2018
Given 89% while driving a BMW 520i (205/60 R16) on for 0 miles
very good tires. Good handling on heavy snow roads.
118 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2017