Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport

The Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The Eagle F1 SuperSport draws on Goodyearís racing experience to provide superior grip and handling. Responsive directional changes are ensured through the stiff tread ribs while a massive closed outside pattern, used on the tyreís shoulder, provides control during load transfers in corners. A super-stiff sidewall design further improves handling without unduly compromising ride comfort. Although primarily developed for dry conditions, Goodyear has innovatively addressed wet performance through the deployment of a multi-compound combination that sees dry-optimized outer sections paired with three wet-optimized central segments.

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 90% over 46,150 miles driven.

Reports

2020 UHP, UUHP and Track Day Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Short braking and good dynamics with high steering precision in the dry. The high driving stability and excellent behaviour creates trust for fast times. Acceptable performance in the wet.
  • Negative - Average aquaplaning, reduced comfort.
  • Overall - The brand new Eagle F1 SuperSport is still missing some bite.

2020 Auto Bild UHP 19 inch Tyre Test - 3rd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Sporty summer tyre with best cornering and handling in the wet, good steering precision, short wet and dry braking distances, balanced comfort.
  • Negative - Noise, increased rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Recommended.

2019 Tyre Reviews UHP Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 8 tyres

• Positive - Excellent in the key dry and wet handling testing, with great steering feel and balance whatever the conditions. No lap time drop during dry handling testing.
  • Negative - Slightly weak wet braking, lower than average comfort and noise levels.
  • Overall - The new Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport brings the competition to the Michelin and Goodyear rivals, finding itself close to them in all key areas, and excelling during wet handling.
    Highly Recommended.
265/35 R20 99Y XL   E A 72 11.78kgs
285/30 R21 100Y XL   C A 75 12.95kgs
315/30 R21 105Y XL NA0 E A 74 15.55kgs

Questions and Answers for the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport

2020-02-06 - Hi are Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport better in dry grip then Michelin Pilot Sport 4 ?

You can see the SuperSport compared to the 4S here. The Asymmetric 5 is more a rival to the PS4.

2019-12-22 - Are these Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport Tyres better in the wet than MPS4 tyres ? I have MPSS tyres on my M240I , I was going to swap these for MPS4 tyres however the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport tyres may be the better choice

They will offer a very similar level of wet grip.

2020-01-05 - Hi, I'm currently looking for a replacement of my Michelin PS4s for the coming Season. The most promising alternative, the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport has a rather shockinly low "wear" rating of 20% (compared to the Michelin PS4s with 84%). How is that number derived? What does it mean in real live, will the PS4s last 4x longer? TIA for the answer, Thomas

Top Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport Review

Given 92% while driving a Renault Megane RS250 CUP (235/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
One word: fantastic! Truly a Michelin PS4s competitor!

Tyres I already drove on my 322hp Megane RS: PS4, PS4s, PS3, Nokian Powerproof and now the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport in 235/40/18.

Dry grip and feedback is great! Full throttle out of the corner is easy (works great with some added negative camber). It gives you so much confidence. The feedback is superb and now I really can push the car to its limits. I think they behave the same as the PS4s but it is difficult to compare because I've changed the suspension this year.

These Goodyears are a bit stiffer than the normal PS4 and Powerproof but I like that. Turn in is very good and it is hard to overdrive them. The ride is stiffer but the response is so much better and more direct.

In terms of noise: I find them quiet. At least, they don't drone at any speed. The Powerproofs do drone at 50kmh.

The looks: they look nice! Nice pattern and I do like the rim protection.

I would buy these tyres again! Great value for money! It shows me that Michelin is maybe a bit overpriced..
81 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2019

Latest Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport Reviews

Have you driven on the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport >>

Given 90% while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class Estate (245/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
Really good match for my car. Decided to remove the stock Pirelli run flats and go for a good premiumínormalí tyre. The difference is night and day. Feel. Comfort. Grip (wet and dry) all improved instantly. I have no idea how long these will last. But for every day driving I canít imagine there are many out there that are better. If you have a car with noisy run flats these are a significant improvement. Almost sure Iíll buy these again. 9/10. Only drawback is they are not cheap. But you get what you pay for.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2020
Ford Focus RS (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 50 easy going miles
OK just got the new 235/35/19 Goodyear f1 supersport tyres for my mk2 focus rs on 11/7/20, 1st impression after 50 kilometers,car felt a lot more planted over the conti contact 3 I have replaced,weather was raining so drove sensible on the way home, definitely a improvement on the way the rs drives now, nice and Sharpe,quite light also along the motorway,tyre guys put 42 psi f and 40 psi r, so I have adjusted to 35 & 33 for now and will play with psi, what I have noticed is there more noise on certain types of road but the new smooth roads are pretty quiet,once there scrubbed in I will return a updated review and hopefully I'm loving them,They do look a very nice on the rs rims to by the way, tread isn't that deep either so wear rate will be interesting.purchased based on this review page as I wasn't paying ps4s money per a tyre, my choice was this supersport or the falken fk510,cheers from Australia
6 - tyre reviewed on July 12, 2020
Trying to pick the very best all season tyre? Watch this!
Given 93% while driving a BMW 120d M sport (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
This tyre has transformed my BMW. The steering feel on my model is sorely lacking, but this tyre offers so much feedback that it will not be silenced. The grip in dry and wet are both quite exceptional, but be aware that cold summer mornings (10-15 degrees C) require warming of the tyres before all the grip is there. I had the opportunity to try the tyre on a dry track, and it stood up well - so for anyone who does only the odd trackday, this tyre should be on your list. Did I mention the feedback? It has made my very capable, but always slightly dull BMW a really fun car to drive! Even at perfectly sane and socially acceptable speeds on the road the car is so much more satisfying to drive. It feels more alive and very talkative. Comfort is good, firm but rarely jarring, and it is surprisingly quiet for a performance tyre. Jonathan's review pitching this tyre against the PS4S is spot on the money.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2020
Given 96% while driving a Audi 1.8T Quattro (245/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
After buying my Audi from new I had the unfortunate realisation that the car was fitted with Hankook tyres as standard, something I thought was strange for a performance car, and then I thought Audi must have tested these tyres on the tts prior to making them standard. How wrong, to say there was no feel through the steering would be an understatement and there was so much understeer. After fitting the Goodyear eagle f1 super sports to the car within second of driving the difference was unbelievable I could feel the road and the understeer was gone, initially the two fronts were changed and instead of understeer I got oversteer on a tight corner in very wet conditions, when I replaced the rears the cars handling has been epic. My car now feels alive, wet handling dry handling wet and dry braking, no more loss of traction and the esp light doesnít flicker anymore. Canít rate these tyres high enough and there a lot quieter too. I found tyre reviews very helpful when selecting the right tyres for my car, the only way to know what tyres are really like is to check out peoples experiences with them
1 - tyre reviewed on July 6, 2020
Given 91% while driving a Mazda RX8 (235/40 R18 W) on track for 6,000 spirited miles
My RX8 is used on the road (all year) and track days during the winter months. On the road, the Super Sports are as firm as I would want to go. The dry weather grip is excellent and they perform very well in the wet even on cold days. I suspect the rolling resistance is quite high as the MPG is lower than previous tyres. On track, they are mega. The dry grip is pretty darned close to a semi slick; those stiff tyre walls I think. The wet weather grip is amazing. Semi slicks do not work on cold, wet tracks but these Super Sports are amazing. On a cold, wet track in the winter, they produce grip from the out lap and I am often among the fastest cars out there. For the track day driver they are a superb tyre for wet and dry that work well on the road. Oh, they were relatively cheap too.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 18, 2020

See all 17 customer reviews of the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport (newest first) >>