Kumho Winter Craft WP51

The Kumho Winter Craft WP51 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 51,600 miles driven.

2019 ADAC 185/65 R15 Winter Tyre Test - 11th of 16 tyres

• Positive - None mentioned
  • Negative - Relatively wear grip in snow, high wear.
  • Overall - Good

2018 AMS Winter Tyre Test - 11th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Ok in snow.
  • Negative - Weak in dry and wet, very high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Conditionally recommended.

2018 ACE All Season and Winter Tyre Test - 7th of 12 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho Winter Craft WP51
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kumho Winter Craft WP51. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kumho Winter Craft WP51 Review

Given 90% while driving a SEAT Leon SE Ecomotive 1.6 (205/55 R16 T) on mostly town for 4,000 average miles
I highly recommend these tires. These tires have the highest price/performance ratio and does not differ from any expensive brand.
104 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2016

Latest Kumho Winter Craft WP51 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Winter Craft WP51 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Kumho Winter Craft WP51? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Kumho Winter Craft WP51 >>

Given 68% while driving a Renault Clio 172 (205/45 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
In the winter they're good, not excellent, but good. Enough grip in snow and rain. The performance reflects in the price, they not the best, but great value for money. The downside is in the dry or in the summer. There's no feedback, no grip and the tire simply melts if you want to take a corner faster. But ofcourse they're winter tires, so not meant to be used in hot conditions, and in the cold they're good. Probably I will buy them again because value for money and wear.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 23, 2020
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 86% while driving a Mitsubishi mirage dohc (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 500 spirited miles
I have had 4 seperate winter tires on my car in the past. These would be my 5th winter season in Canada. I live in NB and winters can be wild at times and completely mild at other points. We experience 25 to 40 cm of snow falls in less then a few hours at times and these tires so far have been the best I've used. I've tried hankook, bridgestone, Rotalla, and Momo and these hands down give me more peice of mind then any if those other brands. They are loud in dry roads and have a very aggressive tread so they do wear on your feul economy but you will feel like a tank on the road in any condition.
7 - tyre reviewed on December 2, 2018
Given 39% while driving a Audi A6 2.5 TDI Quattro (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Probably the worst off all tyres I ever used on my audi A4 and A6 quattro. Wet handling and grip in second season and only 5k km is terrible. Even new one was really bad. Dry is ok. Snow grip is average. It’s not loud and relativly comfortable. Overall, total disapointment.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2018
Toyota (195/50 R16 V) on mostly town for 2,500 miles
Quite good on dry and wet on my yaris hybrid 2017. Impressed how they performerd in snow, I have to drive a lot steep uphill and downhill, during the record snowfall of December 2017 I thought I couldn't get home on the evening because roads were horrible and couldn't stay clean for more than 30/45 minutes, I afforded a strong uphill road with some 7 inches slush/snow, in the worst passage the car almost stopped climbing but it somehow managed to get on top and take me home.
I found the kumho tyres very good stopping and gripping on ice.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2018