Michelin Pilot Road 3

Michelin Pilot Road 3 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 79% while driving a Yamaha TDM 900 (160/60 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
I bought the pilot road 3 as a progression from having PR2s on, which were ok. I've had them on now for ~6000 miles and they are down to the wear bars in most places. I have found them grippy when cornering giving me good feed back and rarely letting go in any way. However, stopping has been a nightmare. This is the first set of tyres I've had where I am repeatedly having to wrestle the bike to a stand still under heavy braking. It's mostly the back end letting go. My bike doesn't have abs, but I haven't needed it up until this set of tyres. Yes, I've checked my brakes. They don't snatch and are usually progressive.
This gives me a dilema, do I go for Road 5s or something else.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 24, 2019
Given 100% while driving a (190/70 R17) on for 0 miles
These to me are the best tyres on the market was a avon fan put these on my Kawasaki sx 1000 what a big difference had them 4000 miles rear tyre is half worn so should get at least 7000 miles from them they are that good have bought another pair already as they were at the wright price in the wet have no problem feel safe and in the dry the bike is like glue to the road. Also have a vfr 750 and fitted a set to that as well so to have 2 bikes with the same tyres fitted says it all will try the 4 next time .
0 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2018
Given 97% while driving a Honda 1.6 I DTEC (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 15,000 spirited miles
Just finished my 3rd set of PR3, and wondering if I should try the PR4 or stick with the PR3. I always manage over 15k miles on my VFR750. great confidence in the wet, the dry is always a given these days. I love them
12 - tyre reviewed on October 1, 2017
Given 78% while driving a Yamaha FZS 600 (160/60 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Kind of wishing I'd weighed these before fitting to compare with my usual Bridgestones... I have the impression that they are lighter. Good from the point of view of unsprung weight, but it took me a little while to get used to the handling, it felt a little vague as if there wasn't much feedback from the front... reduced gyroscopic effect due to less mass might be the reason.
I also suspect PR3s might be a little more prone to punctures: I picked up a small nail in the rear after only a few hundred miles, again the light construction could be partially to blame, I think the steel cords in the BT023 would have deflected the thing. Yes, I know it's just bad luck and statistically irrelevant, but after 175,000 miles on Bridgestones with zero punctures one after 300 miles on Michelins was a surprise.
Otherwise they're excellent, particularly in the wet and warm up quickly too.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2017
Given 90% while driving a Yamaha MT 07 (180/45 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
They were on my new Yamaha MT07 from new 3 years ago. I cannot believe the mileage I have managed to date. Over 16,000 miles of predictable and solid performance. I've had 2 punctures repaired on the rear and now have decided to replace it as it's just started to square off and has collected another nail. The front looks as good as the day it went on the rim. I cannot rate these tyres highly enough.
2 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2017
Given 91% while driving a (225/45 R17) on for 0 miles
Pilot Road 2's were brilliant but these are awesome tyres on my Gen Hayabusa. 2000 miles in a very wet week thru' the South of France. Torrential rain with rivers of water running across the road and I had the bike on the edges of the tyres, knee down and at speed. Never twitched once! Excellent wear, managing almost 7000 miles out of the rear. I've managed 800 (eight hundred!) miles out of a BT56 (non R spec).
Pilot Roads always for me.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2016
Given 93% while driving a Honda Fireblade 1000 (195/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
Was looking for tyres that would last longer then 1500-2000 miles i was getting out of the Diabblos, Went with the dealers recommendation of Michelin Pilot Road 2 instead of the latest Pilot Road 4 as he said they would suit my 2008 Fireblade better, Just had the 1st proper run out yesterday to scrub them in and they do not disappoint, mixed weather yesterday so some dry some damp road, tyres feel really good took about 100miles just for them to start scrubbing in, and with a predicted 7- 8000miles to a rear tyre they certainly seem like a good choice
3 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2014
Given 70% while driving a Ford Focus mk2 (205/55 R16 W) on a combination of roads for 14,000 spirited miles
I found these tyres to be exactly what they are advertised, Sporty.

I think they are some of the best gripping tyres out there, However they have a major disadvantage, Tyre wear

I have only managed to get 14,000 miles out of a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3s and due to this I have decided to go for a different brand to replace them.

Excellent tyre for grip but only if you can afford to keep replacing them
47 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2014
Given 91% while driving a Honda CBR1000RR10 (190/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 13,000 spirited miles
Traction was considerably better than my road 2's.Feedback was posative not harsh wet or dry.Longevity/wear was 13,000 miles of heavy,aggresive use over diverse road compositions.This set was run at various tire pressures dependant on ambient temps,lower pressure for lower temps example 40'f-55'f ambient 29psi-32psi 60'f-120'f ambient 33psi-40psi.This has been 99% street 1% other.I am currently 4000 miles into my second set.This an excellent all year tire.This motorcycle is driver year round all weather conditions,I have heated grips for a reason. Next set will be the road 4's.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 21, 2014
Given 91% while driving a Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa RK9 (130/50 R17) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Hi
I drive a GSX1300R Hayabusa what a great tire wet or dry I stay in South Africa KZN Newcastle you can get 3 seasons in one day here rain,thunder storms,the grip on the Pilot 3 outstanding now I got at last a good tire for my Beast.Now the prise Is killing me I paid R 1400 when I fitted it after 8000km my busa is not shy on rubber now its time for new tire after 8 months and price now is.
R 2200 rear tire including fitment almost R 800 difrence please what went Rong