Nankang Eco 2

Dry Grip 58%
Wet Grip 53%
Road Feedback 50%
Handling 35%
Wear 23%
Comfort 53%
Buy again 33%

The Nankang Eco 2 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre has been replaced by the Nankang Eco 2 Plus

Show All

Tyre review data from 4 tyre reviews averaging 43% over 36,012 miles driven.

    Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Nankang Eco 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nankang Eco 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nankang Eco 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Ask a question

We will never publish or share your email address

capatha

To verify you're human please type the word you see above in the box below.


Top Nankang Eco 2 Review

Given 14% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0L VR X (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 12 average miles
Had these on my car for 2 days it felt like I was driving on plastic and the tires tore up like nothing by far the WORST tyer I have ever had on my car would not touch this whole brand ever again.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2015   

Latest Nankang Eco 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nankang Eco 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Eco 2.

Review Your Tyres >>

Given 47% while driving a Volkswagen Passat (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
One of the worst tyres I have ever had.
Bought them brand new, with a fresh DOT.
Everyday road was 70% highway (100 km/h) and the rest 30% was city traffic.
Front wheel drive car (VW Passat B5), after 18000km front tyres had 2mm wear left on them.

I will never buy them again.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 28, 2017   
Given 14% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0L VR X (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 12 average miles
Had these on my car for 2 days it felt like I was driving on plastic and the tires tore up like nothing by far the WORST tyer I have ever had on my car would not touch this whole brand ever again.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2015   
Do winter tyres really work on supercars? Watch this video to find out!
Given 50% while driving a Rover 75 (225/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Following on from my earlier post, these tyres have now done about 18,000 miles, and I am afraid it shows. The fronts are worn more than the rears, but still nowhere near the legal limit. However, grip on damp surfaces has dropped dramatically, leading to speculation that they may be constructed with a firm base compound, overlaid with a softer and grippier outer skin. When that is gone the grip drops off.
In the battle to get lasting wet grip (in particular) while being at the right price, I will have to look elsewhere. Kumho KU39 maybe?
0 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2014   
Given 77% while driving a Rover 75 (225/45 R18 W) on mostly motorways for 3,000 spirited miles
For a fraction of the price of the big names, this is right up there with the best. Wet grip and dry grip leave nothing to be desired. i had my doubts when buying, but I have been very pleasantly surprised. The compound is certainly not hard, so much so that even a late snowfall was dismissed almost entirely, and wet grip inspires confidence when you need it most.
I find there are just two downsides to this tyre:
1) A lack of sidwall protection for the rim - even car wash guide rails can wreck a three-week old wheel - Thanks Morrisons! (and I am NOT impressed that you refused compensation.)
2) The tyre runs quiet by generating very little noise itself, BUT if the road surface is rough you hear every ripple and pebble. Fine on a road-racer, but not welcome on an executive express.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2013   

See all 4 customer reviews of the Nankang Eco 2 (newest first) >>