Nokian WR SUV 3

The Nokian WR SUV 3 is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

This tyre has been replaced by the Nokian WR SUV 4

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 145,000 miles driven.

2018 AZ SUV Winter Tyre Test - 3rd of 9 tyres

• Overall - A third place for Nokian thanks you balanced and consistent results.

2016 AutoBild 4x4 Winter Tyre Test - 7th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Low rolling resistance, good levels of comfort, short braking distances on dry roads, good aquaplaning results
  • Negative - Average grip in snow, average cornering grip in the wet and dry

2015 Auto Bild SUV Winter Tyre Test - 6th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Very good in aquaplaning tests, short braking distances in the dry
  • Negative - Average steering precision, average ride comfort, long wet braking, expensive
215/65 R16 102H   C C 72
235/55 R18 104H   C C 72
235/60 R18 107V   C C 72
245/60 R18 105H   C B 72
295/40 R20 110V   C C 75
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian WR SUV 3. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian WR SUV 3 Review

Given 81% while driving a Mercedes Benz ML350 (270/40 R21) on mostly town for 500 easy going miles
I've just put these on my Mercedes ML350 and managed to catch the first of the Scottish snow. So far I'm very impressed with all aspects of the tyres. In around 3cm of snow they were fantastic and gave me the assurance I'd decent rubber between me and the road. As the snow melted at the lower levels they were really good on the slush/rain and the drive was very comfortable. I fell the value and quality of these tyres is well worth this review, I'm sticking the WR D4 on my wife's C class next week let's hope they are as good as the latest WR SUV 3.
49 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2015

Latest Nokian WR SUV 3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian WR SUV 3 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Nokian WR SUV 3? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Nokian WR SUV 3 >>

Given 89% while driving a Toyota Hilux mk6 3.0 (265/65 R17) on mostly motorways for 10,000 spirited miles
A very good tire, for normal winter driving at a very good price. Very good performance on dry and wet roads, have driven on motorways at high speeds with no problem on dry and wet. On compacted snow is also good, not the best but you would not have problems like getting stuck, also in deep fresh snow it is ok. it is slightly more intended for use on wet and dry roads at winter temperatures than on snow. have driven about 15.000km, and the is no visible signs of wear yet. For me is an excelent tire, even my Hilux is not a sporty car I can drive pretty fast in curves, and the Nokians WR SUV3 had always had high grip, especially being cheaper than other brands, and will surely buy again!
0 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2020
Given 79% while driving a Land Rover Range Rover V8 Vogue (255/50 R20 W) on mostly motorways for 28,000 average miles
DON’T JUST LOOK AT THE SCORE BUT READ THIS. Felt really good when first installed and ran well for 2 years and 28,000 mile then started to get vibration so took in to Bathwick Tyres for balancing who found delamination split in both rear tires on inside sidewalk. Split around decal line almost a third of the way around. Although I liked them I lost confidence and replaced them immediately with Pirelli Scorpion. When I sent images to Nordic Tyres as I thought they might be interested in having them shipped back to to investigate, their response was that it is due to long running under inflated. This is not true I check my tyres relatively regularly and in my experience under inflation leads to visible outside sidewall scuffing. Bought from TyreLeader So could be older stock. Those with same tyres beware.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2019
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 69% while driving a Mazda CX7 (235/60 R18 H) on a combination of roads for 30,000 spirited miles
Good tyre for general use. Excellent in winter, average on wet roads, good for aquaplaning. They at first wear quite fast, but as they age they become harder and wear less. With aging they perform worse on wet roads. After three winters an one summer they currently have 4mm of tread, but they are not safe for drive on wet roads. With 4mm tread aquaplaning resistance still quite high. Good value for the money paid, will buy again.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 10, 2018
Given 97% while driving a Volvo XC60 (235/60 R18 H) on mostly town for 500 easy going miles
I love these tyres. I know I haven't been using them for long, but every kilometer I passed with them was really good. Wet and dry performance is better than I expected ( this is the first time I am using Nokian ). They perform excellent in wet surface with soggy foliage.
We expect some snow this year, so I am truly eager to give them a try in more severe conditions ( -5°C/ -10°C and snow )
Will let you know how the tyres perform. I expect pure excellence since they were made for this kind of situation.
Tyre wear was not assessed this time.

First impression : I recommend Nokian SUV 3 and will most probably buy them again.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2017