Achilles 2233

The Achilles 2233 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 13 tyre reviews averaging 66% over 61,100 miles driven.

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 51st of 43 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Achilles 2233
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Achilles 2233. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Achilles 2233 Review

Given 47% while driving a Volvo V50 estate (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 500 easy going miles
I have goodyear tyres on front wheels, achilles on rear wheels.
On rainy roads the rear looses grip easily.
Today the skid control system got busy at a highway exit turn.
You never know when you need the grip, I recommend you buy
something else!
52 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2016

Latest Achilles 2233 Reviews

Have you driven on the Achilles 2233 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the 2233.

Given 64% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Estate 2.0 tdi 140 (245/40 R18) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
Replaced my OEM Pirelli Cinturato P7 225/40/18 for these on my Golf Mark 7 Estate 2.0 TDI as I wanted additional rim curb scratch protection. Got them extremely cheap here in the Philippines for only about US$ 80 a piece. They cope really well with the extremely potholed roads of Manila, and are pretty comfortable. Not the most comfortable, but good enough. Road noise on the highway is way louder than the Cinturato P7s, but is still alright. Won't mess up a good conversation. Having my TDI tuned to 314ft/lb of torque sure made these tires scream and terribly lost grip in the wet, but in the dry, these tires are excellent.
8 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2018
Given 22% while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
I have just had a full set of the Achilles tyres fitted to my Skoda Yeti 2.0L 4x4, and I must say, I am not at all impressed. I know I didn’t pay a King’s ransom for them, but to say I am underwhelmed, well, they actually feel unsafe. To look at, the tred is very, well, missing is the only way to describe it. The amount of grooves cut into the tyre are very few, causing the road handling to be very poor indeed, and with much movement of the vehicle when at speed; and worse still when in the wet. In fact, I would go as far as to say, the road holding of these tyres, is poorer than the old tyres I had taken of my car; and they were almost bald.
The only plus point with the tyres is, there is quite a lot less road noise, than there was with my old tyres; but I would gladly swap noise for better road holding. Whether they will save me money on fuel, it is too early to say. Well, as the motto says: buy cheap, buy twice.
3 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2018
Given 63% while driving a Subaru Subaru Legacy GT 2.0 JDM (215/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 average miles
Had Bridgestone Potenzas prior to the 2233s and I am very impressed with these in the hot dry summer roads in New Zealand and is probably quieter than the Potenzas. But I get a total drop in confidence on wet roads. I understeer like crazy even on low speeds in the wet.

Not sure if I would buy these again. We get a lot of rain during our winter months in New Zealand and I need something that is safer in the rain.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2018
Given 76% while driving a BMW 323i 1997 (215/45 R17) on mostly town for 0 spirited miles
I used to ran 17" 2233s on all fours (ideal front width, slightly stretched rears), before the fronts were replaced with worn 16" Dunlop SP01s after a pothole accident. I can only say good things about its behaviour in the dry. Pretty comfortable even on rough roads, possibly quiet (I have loud pipes and wind coming through the window, so I can't truly tell), excellent grip - all in a very affordable package. They also seem to last very long; I fitted them in August 2016. Two years and some 7000 miles of daily spirited driving later, they still have hairs on them.

However, in the wet, oh dear... My car only has a modest 245 Nm of torque, and even with the lightest throttle, on a slightly wet road, I can feel the rears losing grip accompanied with an unmistakable screeching noise. As for the fronts, they seem to be quite prone to hydroplaning, making handling on the wet rather unpredictable. These were relatively new, mostly city driven tires, mind you.

Although, overall I'm very pleased with em. I blew a couple rear tires and replaced them with another pair of 2233s.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 7, 2018
Given 60% while driving a Pontiac G6 GT (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Bought the car with the 2233 on it. Terrible in the rain! OK on dry roads.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2017