Achilles 2233

The Achilles 2233 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 16 tyre reviews averaging 64% over 65,600 miles driven.

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Shootout - 51st of 43 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Achilles 2233
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Achilles 2233. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Achilles 2233 Review

Given 47% while driving a Volvo V50 estate (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 500 easy going miles
I have goodyear tyres on front wheels, achilles on rear wheels.
On rainy roads the rear looses grip easily.
Today the skid control system got busy at a highway exit turn.
You never know when you need the grip, I recommend you buy
something else!
61 - tyre reviewed on August 29, 2016

Latest Achilles 2233 Reviews

Have you driven on the Achilles 2233 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the 2233.

Given 47% while driving a Lexus GS300 (235/45 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,000 easy going miles
Bought a second hand car with these fitted all round. Seemed OK over the first few days but some bad weather showed up how poor the wet grip is. Motorway speeds in the rain and the front end seems very light. These tyres will be coming off at the first opportunity.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 17, 2019
Given 64% while driving a Toyota Corolla Altis (235/40 R18) on for 0 miles
Used this tyre for almost 4 yrs (over 30k km). Tread was still thick until the left front tyre became oblong or lost its roundness. As objective as i can, its good for daily driving and occasional mountain twisties tyre especially fornthe prize. If you are on a budget this should serve you well. Just make sure to diligently inspect the tyre pressure and its condition specially after 2 yrs of use.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2019
Given 54% while driving a Renault Clio 172 (205/40 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 3,500 average miles
It really slides if you try to steer in heavily and starts to roll. In wet it really starts losing grip easily. Not recommended to buy!!! I got them new on my 2nd hand clio rs from 2003. I guess the dealer just put them on as sales trick to look like new for cheap.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 30, 2019
Given 64% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Estate 2.0 tdi 140 (245/40 R18) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
Replaced my OEM Pirelli Cinturato P7 225/40/18 for these on my Golf Mark 7 Estate 2.0 TDI as I wanted additional rim curb scratch protection. Got them extremely cheap here in the Philippines for only about US$ 80 a piece. They cope really well with the extremely potholed roads of Manila, and are pretty comfortable. Not the most comfortable, but good enough. Road noise on the highway is way louder than the Cinturato P7s, but is still alright. Won't mess up a good conversation. Having my TDI tuned to 314ft/lb of torque sure made these tires scream and terribly lost grip in the wet, but in the dry, these tires are excellent.
8 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2018
Given 22% while driving a Skoda Yeti 4 x 4 (225/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
I have just had a full set of the Achilles tyres fitted to my Skoda Yeti 2.0L 4x4, and I must say, I am not at all impressed. I know I didn’t pay a King’s ransom for them, but to say I am underwhelmed, well, they actually feel unsafe. To look at, the tred is very, well, missing is the only way to describe it. The amount of grooves cut into the tyre are very few, causing the road handling to be very poor indeed, and with much movement of the vehicle when at speed; and worse still when in the wet. In fact, I would go as far as to say, the road holding of these tyres, is poorer than the old tyres I had taken of my car; and they were almost bald.
The only plus point with the tyres is, there is quite a lot less road noise, than there was with my old tyres; but I would gladly swap noise for better road holding. Whether they will save me money on fuel, it is too early to say. Well, as the motto says: buy cheap, buy twice.
4 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2018