Vredestein Sprint Classic

The Vredestein Sprint Classic is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 7 tyre reviews averaging 77% over 22,503 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Vredestein Sprint Classic
145/80 R10 68S
185/70 R15 89H
205/70 R15 96V
215/70 R15 98W
235/80 R15 106V
235/80 R15 106H

Questions and Answers for the Vredestein Sprint Classic

2018-02-18 - Hi I have a e type I shipped from the states I have sprint classics 185 on my series 2 .Can u tell me the correct tyre pressures front & back thanks

The tyre pressures for the Sprint Classic will largely be vehicle dependant. I suggest visiting an E Type forum and seeing what other people are running for your version of the vehicle.

Top Vredestein Sprint Classic Review

Given 83% while driving a Jaguar MK2 (185/80 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
I bought a set of Vredestein Sprint Classic tyres for my MK2 Jaguar. I've driven these cars over high mileages for the last 30 years during which time I have also worked as a professional restorer and component manufacturer so I consider that I know these cars very well. Before fitting the tyres I completely overhauled the steering and suspension with all wearing parts (including the stub axles) replaced. I spent 6 hours setting the camber, caster and steering geometry correctly. As a result the car handles and holds the road astonishingly well on these tyres. The steering (non power assisted) is light and progressive and the car will leave most modern traffic on sweeping A roads without any drama. The tyre wear is completely even and the car is a complete joy to drive. These are mid priced tyres but I honestly can't see the point of spending any more money than this for fast road use. In my experience, if your MK2 doesn't drive superbly on these with light, pleasant steering then it's the car which is at fault, not the tyres.
20 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2014

Latest Vredestein Sprint Classic Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Sprint Classic tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Sprint Classic.

Given 77% while driving a Triumph TR6 (185/70 R15) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Have a set of these on my 1974 TR6. She has 5.5J wire wheels, and the tyres are just great. Why pay more.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2015
20 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2014
Given 76% while driving a BMW 3.0 Csi (205/70 R14 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 easy going miles
I needed a set of tyres to replace the elderly Michelin XWXs on my car. At the time of buying the Sprint Classics there really was only those and the Michelins available in the 205/70/VR14 size. I opted not to go for another set of XWXs as they are fairly prohibitively expensive. So far the Vredesteins feel very grippy and smooth. I do not drive like a maniac so I haven't thoroughly put them through their paces but so far I am more than happy with their performance. I think they look great and really suit the 70s styling of the car. Having said that, I doubt I'd buy another set as the previously mentioned 'dents' in the sidewalls are pretty unsightly particularly when considering the tyres aren't exactly cheap and being meticulous about period detail, it's an annoying niggle. Having said that, again – there are no other VR tyre available at a non-insane price.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2013
Given 30% while driving a Matra Djet (155/80 R15) on mostly country roads for 3,000 spirited miles
These were fitted to my Djet by a previous owner. My priorities are: wet braking, wet lateral grip (slick roads, not deep puddles) & progressive & talkative behaviour on the limit. I have no interest in comfort or longevity & prefer to have a short life, wet road friendly, soft compound tyre. Wet braking was ok but I considered them appallingly poor on most of my priorities. Instant plough understeer that was difficult to tune out with tyre pressures (I ended up with 39 psi fronts & 31 psi rears on a mid-engined vehicle!) & general unresponsiveness to inputs (initial & corrective) & low wet grip levels were notable. Shifting to my current Continental PremiumContact2s transformed the car's behaviour on each of my priorities.
The 155/80-15 size is an awkward one for anything decent in tyres & were I to be motivated to return to 15" wheels, then the FF soft compound version of Michelin's Xas seems likely to be a better proposition (I found the regular Xas rather good in the wet & very taut in structure when used on past vehicles).
So: I don't recommend the Vredestein unless pootling about on dry roads is all you'll do.
3 - tyre reviewed on July 27, 2013
Given 84% while driving a Mercedes Benz 190SL (640/80 R13 S) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Excellent tyres for a classic, high sidewall crossply sizes in a radial so look great on the car but also drive very well. They all have "dents" on the sidewalls which is due to how they are made, more about that on Pistonheads forum. As might be expected with a high sidewall tyre they are sensitive to tyre pressures so you'll need to experiment to get that right. My wheels needed tubes fitted which is no problem with these tyres. Overall very happy and will certainly buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 22, 2013