Continental ExtremeContact Sport

Continental ExtremeContact Sport Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 80% while driving a BMW 335i (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Came from iche Bridgestone S001 and Pirelli PZero 2015. Everything about this Continental Extremecontact Sport is so great. The noise is minimal. The comfort is so good as though my rim has been changed to 18". The grip on dry and wear is leading in this class except for the steering feel. Yes, it provides excellent road feedback and steering is much lighter.

HOWEVER, This tyre has soft sidewall which lacks of the immediate feedback THAT I got from Bridgestone and Pirelli. There is a milisecond delay when doing town driving but this goes away when im on the expressway. I travel UK M5 alot and this is what i found out. Because of this, ask yourself if immediate steering feedback is more important or comfort. I'm going for Pirelli PZ4 next summer.

Don't get me wrong. This is a 99/100 tyres. I just prefer my VW Golf R with Pirelli pzero 2015 which gives me instant steering feedback.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 25, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0 TSI 210hp (245/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 23,854 spirited miles
Im always a continental user. 5yrs never tried other brand. So i wont be comparing with other brand. But i will review what and how i felt about this tyre compare to my previous tyre. Previously im using MC5 and each set of tyre atleast last for 1-1.5yrs. Quite good in dry and okay in wet but sometimes still get the understeer/oversteer and sometimes i still complain lol.
As for this ExtremeContactSport is just about 3-4 months/20-30k kms+- old. So i cant comment on its wear yet. But in term of performance wise, this ExtremeContactSport is way way better than MC5 in dry and wet. WAY BETTER. Theres no even squiking sound when corner or understeer/oversteer when i test it uphill Genting (Malaysia) on dry and after rain road condition. And using it as daily is not a problem as it still gives you the comfort you need. And im not complaining yet!
Nevertheless, based on the guy who suggested me this tyre, Michelin PS4/PS4s will still be the best no doubt, but this tyre will definitely give you enough confident that PS4/PS4s has with cheaper alternative by atleast RM150 (in malaysia). I wont recommend any tyre except Continental ExtremeContactSport or the best, Michelin PS4/PS4s.
12 - tyre reviewed on April 23, 2018
Given 88% while driving a Audi A4 Quattro 220 bhp TFSI (255/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 6,210 spirited miles
Purchased a sets of this Continental Extreme Contact Sport about 2 months ago, size 255/35R19. Been using it almost 10,000KM (6210 Miles). Excellent in dry grip at approximately temperature at 30 Deg Celcius (in Malaysia). I would give around 82% grip in wet condition at low speed and cornering (120 km/h) and 78% in medium speed (150 km/h). Road feedback is 78%, a bit soft but still can keep up with the speed when cornering. Comfortable, Yes.
I would choose either this current tires that I am using and maybe can compare with GoodYear Asymmetric 3 or slightly lower than Michelin Pilot Super Sport, which is my previous sets of tyres.
7 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2018
Given 96% while driving a Ford Mustang gt (275/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 300 spirited miles
Just had these put on 4 days ago and have already put on 300 miles and made a trip to the drag strip. My initial experience with this is that the lateral grip is quite impressive (10/10), and the longitudinal is very impressive as well, but could be just a little bit better (9/10).
I find them to be a bit on the soft side, which is excellent for my use since these are going to be used primarily for everyday driving; they'll soak up the bumps and undulations in the roads very well. (I have a separate set of wheels and tires for autocross and track use). Because of this soft tendency I wouldn't recommend them over the Michelin PS4S if you plan to use them for double duty. These Conti's are supposed to be even better than the Michelin's in the wet, but I don't have any first hand experience with this, so I can't comment.
Thus-far I am very impressed with these, and would absolutely recommend them for those looking for a good daily set of tires with maybe a couple autocross/short track sessions a year.
22 - tyre reviewed on March 20, 2018
Given 78% while driving a Mercedes Benz A250 AMG Sport (235/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
First tyre change from the michelin pilot sport 3, and itwas a bargain when i got these tyre. Based on the feel of the drive it seems to have better comfort than the ps3 however the roll resistance feels much heavier.

Haven't test on the highway and wet surfaces.
5 - tyre reviewed on December 21, 2017