Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 S is an ultra-high performance tyre which replaces the MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport in the range of outstanding tyres from the French manufacturer.

Designed for sports cars and high performance saloons, the MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 S offers unparalleled driving pleasure thanks to its exceptional steering precision and directional stability. It provides maximum performance and safety on all surfaces due to its optimised tread footprint which grips the road in all situations, even the most extreme.

This tyre replaced the Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 100% over 7,100 miles driven.

Reports

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Questions and Answers for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

2016-10-06 - What sizes does it come in?

A full list of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S launch sizes can be found here.

2017-04-23 - Which are the differences between Michelin pilot sport 4 and Michelin pilot sport 4S?

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is the larger, more performance orientated version of the Pilot Sport.

Top Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S Review

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW M3 (275/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Replaced the Pilot Super Sports on my F80 M3 and it's better in every way. The wet grip is insane, it's like you're driving in the dry. Best tyre on the market.
65 - tyre reviewed on March 9, 2017

Latest Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S Reviews

Have you driven on the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Pilot Sport 4 S.

Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a BMW M3 (275/35 R19 W) on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Replaced conti 5p's with these and more than happy. Seem a better tyre all round especially in the wet. Not as important but like how the tyre wall lettering is black highlighted like the sport cup 2's. I'd say they feel almost like the cup 2's in the dry but with more grip in the wet.
4 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2017
BMW M3 (245/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Just changed from Cup 2 to PS4S because of wet road performance.
Wet grip is sure better than the Cup 2, but big difference about the tyre responsiveness.
Comfort and noise Is better also on PS4S.
Will give a more detailed review later.
18 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2017
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTI MK7 (235/35 R19) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
I got the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S to replace the PIrelli P Zero that came with the car and what a difference. Quieter, better steering and loads more grip. So happy with them!!
6 - tyre reviewed on May 8, 2017
Mercedes Benz C63 AMG (255/30 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
I previously had conti 5's on my C63, and anyone who has driven one in the wet will know that just pulling out of junction as lightly as possible will result in wheel spin and looking like a boy racer. Since I put the Pilot Sport 4's on I no longer see the traction control light come on in the wet. It is light and day better than the conti 5's in the wet. I had got to the point where I thought about not driving it until the weather improved so bad where the contis. The comfort has definitely improved and soaks up pot holes much better and less crashy of speed humps etc. It's also quieter than the contis I can't comment on wear as I've only had them a short while. Grip in the dry is phenomenal but I can't comment on how they perform on the limit as I haven't tracked it yet. I can't recommend these tyres enough, I've never been so impressed by tyres.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 7, 2017
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Audi RS3 8V (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
I replaced the front tyres with these just a few months ago.
I'm absolutely amazed by them - they grip at a level I didn't think was possible. In the dry they seem to hook in and never let go and apparently are just as good in the wet as I've yet to find their limit. Launching the car, the slip at the front is vastly reduced, and braking performance is amazing.
In terms of feedback and cornering, where on previous tyres I would have found understeer easily enough if I had pushed hard in the bends, this has now completely gone now matter how ham fisted I try to be. Even in the wet, the rear is stepping out long before the front does. As with most Michelins, they have great positive turn-in and decent feedback through the wheel. I can't talk of how they act at the limit as, like I say, I have struggled to reach it on public roads, but you can feel the tyre loading round corners and get a good idea of how the grip is being used. I suspect at the limit, these will be progressive and easily modulated.
These are not neccessarily quieter in absolute db than other tyres I've had on, but the actual pitch of the noise is relatively low and so they appear much less intrusive and subjectively are pretty quiet. They ride well on the roads and have good compliance and comfort - better than anything else I've had.

In case I wasn't clear enough - these are amazing. They are brilliant all round and you compromise nothing in the process. The only downside is the price, but frankly, they're worth it.
11 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2017