Vredestein Ultrac Vorti

Vredestein Ultrac Vorti

The Vredestein Ultrac Vorti is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

Tyre review data from 62 tyre reviews averaging 91% over 429,120 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2017 Auto Bild UHP Tyre Test - 2nd of 9 tyres

• Positive - Good handling and a short stopping distance on wet and dry roads, low noise
  • Negative - Slightly high rolling resistance
  • Overall - Exemplary

2016 ADAC Tyre Test - 225/45 R17 - 4th of 16 tyres

235/35 R20 92Y XL   E B 70
295/35 R20 105Y XL   E B 70
315/35 R20 110Y XL   E B 70
275/40 R20 106Y XL   E B 70
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Vredestein Ultrac Vorti Review

Alfa Romeo (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
I had these tyres on my Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTDm remapped to 185hp.
I think the best tyre on my 18 inches rims.
Excellent comfort, grip on wet and dry roads.
Much better than my old Pirelli PZero Rosso and Bridgestone Potenza!
Absolutely to buy it again
46 - tyre reviewed on February 23, 2016

Latest Vredestein Ultrac Vorti Reviews

Have you driven on the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ultrac Vorti.

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S80 2.5T /BSR / 2008 model (235/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 20 spirited miles
Allready my second set. Very good value for money. Tyre looks good and drives great. (tuned Volvo S80 2.5t 255HP/ 385nm). They last 40.000km. Better than de michelins and conti's i used to buy.
5 - tyre reviewed on April 6, 2017
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT (235/35 R20) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
I made quite a research before buying these tyres. Fit on my Seat Leon Cupra 300+hp, fronts 235 35 20 and rears 295 30 20, XL versions both. What I personally like was the hard side walls, treadwear and wide channels during rainy weather. Grip on smooth asphalt is remarkable, much better handling than my previous Dunlop SP Sport Maxx, feels much more stable on 250-280kmh. I use to drive safely in rain, so I reach only 160kmh, but still you feel the grip, even if you pass trough really wet surface, puddles, etc.
4 - tyre reviewed on April 5, 2017
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Audi a5 3.0 tdi quattro sport (255/35 R19 W) on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
My last review on these tyres before replacement and they have done exactly 30,000 miles and I switched the tyres back to front at 16,000 miles to get the maximum mileage out of these tyres. The fronts are on approx 2.8mm and the rears are 2.8mm also there or there abouts.

As the tyres have worn they have become slightly jittery in the wet but that is expected with threads dropping below 3mm. They have been extremely comfortable, dry and wet grip has generally been good, however the fuel consumption is at the lower end with newer more fuel efficient tyres in the market.

I bought these for £116 fitted about a year and a half ago but I have seen them now for almost £150 which is a bit pricey considering Goodyear Eagle F1 are also the same price and better.

I am now looking to replace with AVON ZZ5 which are are now £116 fitted and considering they have been tried and tested on the Audi S5 I know they will be excellent value for money.
7 - tyre reviewed on January 10, 2017
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CLS 320 (245/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Purchased these tyres to replace a set of Falken ZIEX914's (had two sets of these on this car). Ive been totally happy with the Falkens apart from one issue with these tyres and that is poor rim-protection for the notoriously easily scuffed 5 spoke alloys on the post 2008 facelifted CLS. After a bit of research I opted for the Vredestein's based on their chunky in built rim protectors. A set of four tyres including fitting came in at a reasonable £460 at my local tyre fitters. First impressions are good. The Vredesteins are a sportier tyre than the Falkens and have a stiffer sidewall that gives a slightly firmer ride - not too firm though and the car is still supremely comfortable on a long journey. The CLS is a big, heavy, powerful car but is surprisingly agile and I have noted sharper handling particularly when cornering with the Vredesteins when compared to the Falkens. Dry grip seems on a par with the Falkens and they are similar with overall quietness - road noise is low apart from on poor quality road surfaces. They seem to be fine in the wet though I have noticed that the traction control cuts in earlier than I would have expected when pulling away sharply on damp surfaces. Wet and dry braking seems fine too - no problems noted thus far. Too early to pass comment on wear yet as Ive only done 1200 miles on them:- Id be surprised though to get significantly better or worse than the 16k Ive consistently had for the rears and 18k for the fronts from previous sets (Falken, Bridgestone and Continental). And yes, the rim-protection is excellent on these tyres - Ive touched the kerb a couple of times already and the extra protection has saved me! Recommended at the price.
3 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2016