Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 241 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 1,806,170 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

82%

90%

89%

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews

Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Galaxy (235-45-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
Bought a pair of these tyres for the front of my Galaxy, to replace worn Michelin Primcy HP's, which were very good from all angles. I would have replaced like for like if there was not a shortage of HP's at the time I was buying. Bought these for fuel efficieny and grip in the wet (rated C and A respectively), for which they worked very well and were camparable to the michelins. 12000 miles and 18months later however, and I am having to replace both tyres due to wear / failing MOT. For a tyre costing £180 per corner, I was expecting much more? Maybe my heavy lump of a people carier and mainly country roads took its toll, but in the mean time, I took the primacys from the back and put them on the front, and these were hardly worn, after being dragged around for aprox' 20,000miles or two and a half years. Be interesting to see how much more they start to wear now they are doing the work?
tyre reviewed on October 23, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a BMW Z4 3.0Si (255-35-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 7 spirited miles
Got to admit to loving these tyres. Ditched a whole set of hard, twitchy, tramelining run flats for these. They are much more comfortable, refuse to loosen up in dry weather, and remain stable at high speed! My favourite part is the comfort though. It strikes the best balance between feedback and comfort. Rears appear to be wearing a bit fast, but I'm quite heavy footed. My daily drive is 5 miles countryside, 8 miles motorway, then 4 miles into glorious Sheffield. Would recommend, will definitely buy again. Any BMW owner considering the run flat switch, do it, and you won't regret it.
tyre reviewed on October 23, 2014
Looking to buy the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or any other tyre.

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a BMW Z4 (225-45-17-)
Why I didn't get rid of those dreadful run-flats earlier I will never know!. Since changing to the Goodyears the Z4 is a completely different car to drive. It no longer tramlines like a b**ch and going into corners at speed holds the road as if it is on rails. If you want to put the fun back into driving your Z4 then bite the bullet and do it, I promise you wont be dissappointed.
tyre reviewed on October 18, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra VXR (235-35-19-W)
I was quite happy with these tyres. Dry grip was good and almost equally so in the wet. The sidewalls however felt a little softer than the Conti 5's I had previously which lead to a little stability and more roll in the corners when driving spiritedly. On the plus side, this meant they were slightly quieter than others I've tried. I went back to the Conti 5's after these tyres as I felt the slight increase in grip and feedback was worth the extra noise.
tyre reviewed on October 8, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST 225 (2003-2007) (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
Outstanding grip on wet, perfect on dry. Used on a Ford Focus ST225 for 3 years and already changed them and put again the same. I suggest them!
tyre reviewed on October 8, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot rcz 200 thp (235-45-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
Good grip both wet and dry just watch puddles for the test fantastic
tyre reviewed on October 8, 2014
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa vxr (215-45-17-W)
100% recommended
tyre reviewed on October 1, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Honda S2000 (245-45-17-)
Lets get something clear right from the start. These Goodyears are installed on my rear wheel drive Honda S2000 for the sole purpose of weekend blasts at 98% of its handling limit. I abuse them, but not in the drifting sense, but in all out cornering and braking. When the missus is riding along, that is where the Goodyears take a break....a short break.

Dry Grip: On grippy tarmac you just cant seem to break these tyres off unless you do something really crazy. On older, slippery tarmac on a hot day, these tyres suffer almost just like any other tyres.

Wet grip: Drove on them twice in the rain - above average wet grip, however, wet weather performance is not why I bought the tyres for.

Road feedback: Not particularly impressive, probably because these tyres are very comfortable, hence dampens road feedback.

Progressiveness: These tyres do not snap off at the limit, which is what you need on a razor sharp S2000.

Wear: Horrible, but some credit is due due to the fact that I am running some camber.

Comfort: My lower S2000 is riding far better then the Bridgestones they replaced.

Buy again: Technically yes, but there are so many new ever improving tyres out there that it doesnt make sense to buy the same again.

tyre reviewed on October 1, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Aero 2.8T V6 (235-40-18-W)
My favourite all round summer tyre. Excellent wet performance and very good dry. They wear fairly quickly, but I am always hard on tyres so I epect that anyway.

There is lots of rubber available with comparable dry grip, but it's traction in the wet and on just damp roads that sorts the men from the boys. Highly recommended.
tyre reviewed on September 26, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru 2006 impreza wrx STI (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
I have these tyres on my Impreza STI and Civic Type R, absolutely love them. the wet weather performance is what really makes these tyres excellent. I have tried a few mid range and premium tyres and these are the best value for money. i paid £80 per corner in 225/45/17 which was not much more than mid range tyres in the same size.
tyre reviewed on September 8, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: