Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Progressiveness 85%
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

This tyre has been replaced by the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Tyre review data from 311 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 2,707,823 miles driven.

Reports

225/45 R17 £61.80 - £97.00 (31 prices) Compare Prices >>
225/40 R18 £79.10 - £114.33 (12 prices) Compare Prices >>
235/35 R19 £105.50 - £135.00 (7 prices) Compare Prices >>

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTi Mk5 (225-45-17-)
One of the best high performance tyres available. It does everything very well. My only gripe is that below 8 degrees Celsius they lose all steering feel. They still grip better than 90% of the tyres out there, but they feel a bit spongey. When it gets to 12 or above, they're glued to the road.
tyre reviewed on February 8, 2016
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (235-40-18-W)
Great tyre, I can see why it is original equipment on the ST. I think the rim protector is great and makes the tyres look good too. Great in the dry, slightly worse in the wet, but then I did get the car with 10,000 miles on it so tyres already worn. Lasted easily to 20,000 with some hard driving, only replaced because one got damaged. Tried to buy again but not in stock!! Will try Michelin PS3...
tyre reviewed on January 19, 2016
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Holden calais V 6Ltr (245-40-19-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 50,000 average miles
Second full set of these tyres on a big heavy car with 260KW.
Generally driving very long distances +800kms on freeways (Sydney to Melbourne)
Don't mind pushing the car with the occasional spirited drive.
Tyres wore incredibly evenly at 40psi and I ran them well below the wear limit with no worries in the wet (driving a little easier because I knew tread was low). Rears removed today are nearly slicks with some steel belt just being obvious on inner edge. Yes I was naughty and ran them too long this time !!
Down to the wear limit grip in the dry is impressive but its the wet grip that astounds me. I have had a couple of occasions when I thought I had stuffed up so badly I really was just waiting for the slide and the BANG but the tyres didn't let go.
I will not buy anything else for this car until the Assy 3s are priced a little better. Car has had the original set of tyres, one complete set of Assy 2s then I replaced the rears because they wear fastest (2 new tyres went on the front) and now the rears again need replacing. So that's 3 sets of tyres put on the car from new but the fronts will be brand new tomorrow and the rears 1/2 worn for 174,000 kms say 2.5 complete sets or over 60,000kms/set.
TELL YOUR TYRE GUY 38-42psi and don't let him, convince you that 32psi is correct. The worst worn tyre I have had a very slow leak and while I watched the pressure weekly it wore worst as it would get to 30psi before I had it patched.
tyre reviewed on January 15, 2016
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat Bravo (225-45-17-)
I am a very aggressive experienced driver, in excess of 2 000 000 Kms driven so far in only a few years, high speed, hard cornering is a constant for me.
Amazing Grip both in wet and dry, I have tested these tyres on 3 completely different cars, and also tested from 3 generations of the tyre. since the original Eagle F1 tire Through Asymmetric 1 and now the Asymmetric 2. this current version is quieter and more comfortable then the previous. i have experienced harsh snow conditions in which obviously driving must be much more careful with any tyre but still, at high speed on motorway up down and cornering was absolutely fine, did not need chains where even some SUV's were stuck. front tyres have lasted in excess of 35000 Km's rear are currently in excess of 70000 Km's
Aquaplaning is not a problem with this tyre at all it seems sometimes the tyre is better in wet than dry, of course this is the confidence givven from such good grip.
Summer of course is also amazing, 100% confidence even in excess of 220 Km/H.
Tire Duration for a "Normal" Driver I am sure will be greatly increased.
comfort I think is as good as it can get with a tyre wall of this size.
Rim protection is extremely effective and the walls are very durable, have had a few occasions where other tyres would have been destroyed against obstacles, never had a flat tire and never lost pressure between tyre changes which is a first for me.
tyre reviewed on January 15, 2016
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Calibra V6 (215-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 17,500 average miles
Have these tyres on a Calibra V6 for about 3 years now, using these tyres about 7 to 8 months a year (winter tyres during the rest). Back then I was thinking about buying either these or some Michelin Pilot SuperSports. I ended up buying the Goodyear's because they were apparently better in the wet and the Michelin's weren't available in the size I wanted.

I generally drive pretty relaxed (no racing or driving like a maniak), but you can definitely push hard with these tyres. The dry grip is great, much better then the very mediocre tyres the car had before these. In the wet I sometimes think the grip is even better then on dry roads, it's that good. Feedback through the steering wheel is very good, road noise is decent to good (they are not the quietest tyres but certainly not loud).

If I had to have 1 complaint it's that I hoped they would have lasted a bit longer. As mentioned before I have a pretty relaxed driving style and I drive mostly in town and country roads, but so far they've lasted about 25-28k kilometers (roughly 16-17k miles) and they've got less then 3mm left. At this point I did start to notice that the handling in very wet conditions started to decline a bit. It's not a steep drop-off, but I do notice there is not that much tread left on the them.
Currently have the winter tyres fitted and I probably will have to swap out the Goodyear's later this year, but I will certainly consider, and most like will be buying these tyres again.
tyre reviewed on January 13, 2016
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 Cdi Avantgarde Estate (225-45-17-W)
Best relation quality/price, best tires money can buy! Excellent wet grip and fuel saving...
tyre reviewed on January 4, 2016
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Suberb MkII (225-40-18-W)
When I bought my car it had Michelin PS3s all round. I was pleased with them but the performance dropped off alot below 4mm. Swapped to F1A2s at the next change and was mightily impressed.

The first set did 14,00 miles (2000 more than PS3s) and the wet weather performance didn't seem to diminish when the tyre wore below 4mm. Turn in isn't quite as crisp as the PS3 but through the corners they held on really well. As good as the PS3 in the dry and better in the wet. Wheel spin can only be had in 1st when wet and lock on the steering wheel and too much throttle. I can't really remember any in the dry.

I have fitted a second set all round this time as I was so impressed. This is only the second time I have fitted a full set a second time around. Usually I change to try something different.

Road noise is low, handling is excellent and cost is very keen. Only £4 a corner more than my previous favourite; the Hankook V12 Evo.

Highly recommended and rated by me. Well suited to my style of driving and never caused me any concerns.
tyre reviewed on December 22, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT LEON 1.6 105 bhp (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on December 16, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda RX8 (235-45-18-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 spirited miles
One of the best tyres, I have ever had the joy of driving on.
When I bought the RX-8 it came with Bridgestone Potenza's, they were not great, lost the back end everywhere I went.

Bought Eagle F1's and it stuck to the road like glue, I could barely kick the back end out even when clutch kicking the car, it was just endless grip, even in the wet.

I would deffinatly buy again and would deffinatly recommend to another driver.
tyre reviewed on December 10, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford F6(Australia only)rwd (245-35-19-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
FPV car is heavy 1800kg and 310kw/570nm through rear wheels so 245 width is always a challenge, these tyres held up very well hooked up well with not too much wheelspin, cornering was very crisp. Car tends to overwhelm tyres with soft sidewalls, these were great though, and very predictable on the limit. There was a downside though in that tyres became very noisy after 30,000km, rubber seemed to harden off and noise got so bad that I changed them out even though there was plenty of tread left, would only plan on 30,000km life based on this problem. Would buy again.
tyre reviewed on November 27, 2015