Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 259 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 1,985,215 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

82%

90%

89%

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews

Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Audi (255-35-19-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 7,000 spirited miles
Great tyres so much better then the Dunlops that cam eon my car
tyre reviewed on January 29, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225-40-18-W)
Now on second set of these tyres. Car came
From dealer with conti contact sport 2 which I managed to get 21k out of fronts but they where so noisey and traction control was always kicking in. Decided to give the f1a2's out and never looked back. Tyre is quiter, loads more grip in the wet and dry but not good traction in the snow, been stuck once trying to get home from work but then who goes out in the snow if it's bad. Managed 18k out of front
tyre reviewed on January 29, 2015
Looking to buy the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or any other tyre.

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 30,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on January 28, 2015
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra R 225 (225-40-18-W)
Had these on my Remapped (262Bhp / 283lb/ft) Leon Cupra R for just under 10K now an amazing amount of life left. Love how good they are in horrible wet conditions (the wife also commented on this when driving thorough a storms in southern France and Geramny). Dry grip and braking are amazing as is the lovely progressive breakaway when pushing on which helps on unknown mountain roads. Hard to comment on feedback as the Leon is pretty dead in this respect anyway, I put these on the day of purchase so have no benchmark to work with on this car. Overall after going through various models of all the premium brands over my 18 years of driving these are the only one of 2 tyres I would buy again without thought (others being Vredstien Sessanta) can't recommend them enough.
tyre reviewed on January 21, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Audi S5 (255-35-19-)
This is my second set of F1s after eating through the OEM Pirelli P Zero Rossos rather too quickly. The F1s have proven to be the perfect mix of performance, ride and comfort, low noise, reasonable wear and the best braking performance of any tyre I've experienced. When price is considered, these must be the best value tyres out there.
tyre reviewed on January 15, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus RS Mk1 (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 1,000 spirited miles
I run these on the front of my RS. The tyres are good all rounders, and give particularly good feedback and unexpected grip in wet conditions.

In the dry, at times, they struggle to handle out of corner grip in the RS but this is pretty rare.
tyre reviewed on January 14, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Renault Megane RS250 CUP (235-35-19-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 2,500 spirited miles
A full set on my RS250 Cup cost ~£650 235/35 r19 (An expensive tyre dimension) which I was very impressed with.
Previously the car had Conti Sport Contact 3's which we're good in the dry, excellent turn in but poor in the wet, the inner side walls failed with still 4-5mm tread remaining meaning an MOT fail on all 4 tyres, not happy!
Eagle F1 Asy 2
Initial thoughts, quieter than the SP3's but still noisy, that may be something to do with 35 profile though.
Grip, dry grip is superb, it grips and pulls very well in all gears, even first once they are warm. Wet grip is substantially better than the SP3's, as they have worn this has decreased but still a 9/10. Full power second gear, 250bhp in the front wheels whilst raining and it grips and goes, no spinning(possibly the car setup has something to do with this).
Feedback, very progressive, you can feel the car start to slip on slow and high speed corners - Feedback negative, the only gripe I have is the following, the sidewalls are softer than the SP3's making initial turn in a little soft, once turned in and the sidewalls loaded then very happy, I just find i'm making a few too many inputs at higher speeds negoptiatiing small corners when driving hard.
The tyre's are noisy, again this could be due to the car on 19's with 35 profile.
Wear - A front drive hot hatch will always chew it's tyres up, it's done 2.5k on them and they still have 8-9mm remaining which is good I think, if they get to 9k I will be impressed, 10k astounded.
Buy again? I will definitely recommend them to anyone, an excellent tyre for the cost. I would love these with a stiffer side wall as that really dampens the driving experience at times so may look at Michelin PS2's.
I would probably buy again
tyre reviewed on January 13, 2015
Given 92% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140 (225-45-17-)
Did some research before choosing these tyres as I needed 4 new ones. I don't normally write reviews, but these tyres are by far the best I have used and worth sharing my experience with others. The car now sticks to the road like glue, even in wet, cold conditions. The feedback from the car going round corners on the country roads is excellent and it really makes for a comfortable, effortless drive. Its amazing to think that the engineering in the cars handling ability can be let down so badly but just using inferior tyres so give your car a treat and stick some half decent tyres on it!
tyre reviewed on January 13, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225-40-18-W)
I had 4 fitted on my Type R after taking off the bugets. 100% the best tyres I've ever used on a car.
I have used Bridgestone re040 and 050's which Honda recomend and the F1's are a lot better.

Never lost grip on the dry or wet. When I hammer it and wheel spin on purpose there very predictable.

I used them on track twice and went into a couple of corners way to fast just stamped on the break turned in and hopped for the best and the tyres were just amazing.

I've never used track tyres so carnt compare that but for road tyres there amazing.

Never lost the back end in wet ever and I've given them some stick.

As I've used them on track they have worn a little on the front but don't see why they wouldn't last for 15k altogether(unless I go back on track)

You can get them fitted for just less than £100. Your basically putting £400 on your pride and joy and possibly your life. Best money I ever spend on my car.
tyre reviewed on January 8, 2015
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 5 Aero Saloon (225-45-17-W)
Noticably quieter than the Continental Sport Contact 2's that were on my car when I bought it. My car has had a remap so is putting out a lot of torque to the front wheels, meaning that I am close to having to replace the front Eagle F1's after a year and perhaps 10,000 miles. A little disappointing.

Within this time they have performed very well. In wet conditions they generally do well with standing water but will occasionally aquaplane in the heaviest of conditions. Dry conditions a nice sporty, tight feel.

I would recommend these tyres. It's just a shame that they've not lasted longer.
tyre reviewed on December 29, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: