Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 284 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 2,309,823 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

82%

89%

88%

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (235-40-18-W)
Nice tire, very grippy in both dry and wet condition. And it lasted 27,500 miles for size 235/40/18 on Mondeo MK4 Tdci. It's not a quiet tire for sure but should be compromised with it's great proformance.
tyre reviewed on July 15, 2015
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon Cupra (225-40-18-W)
I have used these tyres on a mk1 Leon Cupra R and on my current Mk2 Cupra tfsi, I find them the best £ vs performance tyre on the market, they are predictable and resist torque steer on the cupra mk2, in the dry the acceleration grip is brilliant even with remapped power through the front wheels. Cornering breakaway is consistent and smooth. They are brilliant for coping with standing water and cornering in the rain but you will have to be gentle with the throttle. The only weak point I found is they wear quite quickly and the grip levels are a bit down coping with patchy wet or damp conditions but overall I would still buy again and recommend them to friends.
tyre reviewed on June 15, 2015
Looking to buy the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or any other tyre.

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 335d (225-45-17-)
These tyres made such a difference to the overall handling and performance of my BMW 335d coupe. It makes the power so much more accessible more of the time. The rears have only lasted me 6 months though.

Advantages - Grip in the dry and wet is as good as the michelin pilot super sport and any other tyre on the road. Very comfortable and quiet, and progressive.

Disadvantages - You will wear through them if you have a high power/torque car, very quickly. Could offer more road feedback if you're going to be finicky.
tyre reviewed on June 9, 2015
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST (225-40-18-W)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on June 4, 2015
Given 31% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz (225-45-17-W)
Changed my Continental Conti Sport Contact 5 with a new set of GoodYear F1 Asymmetric 2. Probably my worst decision. Corners that previously taken with 80km/h and more, without any issues now with 60km/h is an adventure, the car is shaking, sliding and etc. I do not feel safe with this set. Almost 3000km drive with them and I put the on e-bay and olx to sell. Already mount again new set of Continental.
Conclusion: I change summer and winter tyres every season with new set (drive almost 60000km per year). Try Michelin, Nokia and the mentioned 2 brands. The GoodYear model is the worst one driven on my Benz.
tyre reviewed on May 27, 2015
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (215-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 8 spirited miles
Taking into account I've covered 22,500 miles in my Corsa VXR which has seen the factory set of Continentals on factory 18'' wheels, a full set of Falken FK452 tyres on 17'' wheels and the current tyres that are over 12 month old Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2s on 17'' wheels that have currently covered around 8,000 miles. With the three set ups I've driven easy whilst on the main roads, spirited driving on some good roads and used all three tyres on various tracks.

Out of the three it's hands down Goodyear Eagle F1's all the way, dry grip is very good for a road tyre that's sold a very competitive price, you can feel the try progressing in grip as heat builds in them and in the wet the feedback is incredible.

I drove Oulton Park on the Contis and FK452s in the dry only but I have used the Eagle F1's on my last two track days, the first was at Knockhill second was at Rockingham. Both days were dry in the morning then rained in the afternoon, weighing very close to the standard weight (1180kg) with a little over standard power (196bhp/201lb-ft) the car was well within its boundaries to push on comfortable in both conditions due to knowing exactly where the grip levels where especially in the wet which made both days perfect.
Sitting out whilst it rained wasn't even an option partly because of having confidence in the rain (Rockingham is one of the slippiest wet tracks in the UK) but majorly by knowing the car and it's capabilities at standard weight/power with the positive feedback from a well priced road tyre that gave good feedback whilst progressing.

I can't really comment on comfort because the car is on a harsher setup (poly bushes, springs, stripped interior etc) but the tyres aren't the noisiest to me but they will be to others.

If I was sticking with road tyres I probably wouldn't try another brand just yet and atleast have another set to replace these which won't be happening anytime soon because I'm average 5mm thread depth across all four.

tyre reviewed on May 25, 2015
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Holden calais V 6Ltr (245-40-19-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 45,000 average miles
I have run the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2 for 40-45,000kms and the rears are now below the wear limits(actually bald !!!). Front tyres on my big heavy 6 litre Calais V redline are still way above the wear limits and will go on the rear and two fresh Eagles on the front. I have read many of the tyre reviews and have to agree that for the small amount of crazy spirited driving I do I would like more dry grip but the wet grip can not be faulted nor the wet stopping distance. These tyres I rate as well above average for dry grip but importantly for me don't seem to change that much when your driving in the wet. I get good fuel economy with these tyres and they have worn virtually flat on the rear running 42 psi. I will run slightly lower pressure(40psi) in the new set as they are slightly more worn on the centre line so 42 psi is just a whisker high. Oh and these tyres have seen most long country driving at Australian ridiculously slow 110 kms/hr but I also run at 130-140 on roads without revenue raising blue lights. Tyres have seen the fun side of 230 km/hr but only 2 or 3 time. Never put her on the track as I believe its too heavy and should be running 275/35 for this type of thing.
tyre reviewed on May 21, 2015
Given 94% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia VRS (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 100 average miles
I had Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's fitted to my Octavia yesterday. So far so good. Grip feels strong, and the ride comfort is an improvement over the previously fitted Dunlop Sport Maxx RT's.

I found it very difficult to decide what tyres to buy as there are so many on the market these days and with the top 6 brands all offering a very premium product.

After reading a lot of the user reviews as well as reviews such as Auto Express and Evo's tyre tests I found that the Goodyear Eagle F1's always scored highly usually receiving 1st or second place.

I had decided on either Continentals ContiSportContact 5's or Goodyear Eagle F1's and went with the Goodyears for the better wear rating, and rolling resistance.
tyre reviewed on May 19, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo V70D5 (225-45-17-)
I drive Volvo estates (not for a living, nee naar etc…before you ask) and have done for many years in various guises, T5s, D5s etc, not sports cars by definition but more than quick enough to warrant decent tyres. When I bought my latest a v70 D5 it was shod with Pirellis, the car handled like a Tesco’s trolley, they came off within a week and were replaced with Contis. The Continentals are a fabulous tyre, quiet, great grip in wet or dry but lacking in longevity, They were replaced with Michelins, they gave a longer life but were very noisy especially under heavy cornering, they also lacked the feel and the confidence the Contis gave, so just the fronts were taken off early and replaced with these Goodyear Eagle F1s. They now have been joined by a set on the rear. I am very happy with them as they are almost as good as the Contis performance wise, they are quiet and grippy and seem to be lasting much better than anticipated. Will definitely re-shoe the Volvo with these again.
tyre reviewed on May 14, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly town for 100 spirited miles
The tyre is just great!
tyre reviewed on May 1, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: