Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 232 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 1,660,663 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

83%

90%

89%

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru 2006 impreza wrx STI (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
I have these tyres on my Impreza STI and Civic Type R, absolutely love them. the wet weather performance is what really makes these tyres excellent. I have tried a few mid range and premium tyres and these are the best value for money. i paid £80 per corner in 225/45/17 which was not much more than mid range tyres in the same size.
tyre reviewed on September 8, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E46 330d (225-45-17-)
It is early days, but these tyres would appear to be awesome. All I can say is that my car was tram-lining, twitchy, bone shaking, and teeth chattering when running on Pirelli P6000s. Swapped them for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s and can't believe I am driving the same car. Tram-lining.....gone. Twitchiness.....gone. Noise......reduced. Fillings......preserved.
tyre reviewed on August 28, 2014
Looking to buy the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or any other tyre.

Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Ford FPV GT P (245-35-19-W)
Before getting started, let me share that my car is a 1850kg, supercharged V8 (335Kw/570nm) type of saloon muscle car - and so what I write is relevant to that. I drive it sporty on winding roads in the country and a more restrained in the city or with my miss in it. The other tyres I used before and can compare it to directly are the factory fitted Dunlop Maxx and Pirelli P Zero.

The Dunlop has as only positive point that it's responsiveness felt good. However it gives way unannounced and is simply dangerous in the wet. The Pirelli was a very good tyre, especially in the wet but I feel it's simply too soft a tyre for Australian roads and it was gone within 9 months having done bit over 10K (km) all up.

So then the F1 Assym2.. its noticeably quieter, unmatched lateral grip, and is nicely progressive - I like that I can judge what its doing by the amount of extra tyre noise when pushing it. All up it is really an all around outstanding performing tyre and I am very impressed by how well it lasts given it's performance. Will buy again 100% - it just gets far more out of my car.
tyre reviewed on August 27, 2014
Given 99% (breakdown) while driving a Honda Civic Type R (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly town for 12,000 spirited miles
love these tyres & will buy them again. allows you to drive like a looney in the rain.
tyre reviewed on August 22, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C30 R Design Sport (225-40-18-W)
Excellent tyres, much better than the Continental SportTouch2 I had before them.
tyre reviewed on August 19, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225-40-18-)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on August 17, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S80 2.5D (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 27,340 easy going miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on August 9, 2014
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 3.0 quattro sport cab (235-45-17-W)
Bought these based on the comments found on here. Great tyre in the dry, great in the wet. I was really impressed overall with the performance and braking grip available. After 8000 miles they seemed to be wearing well.
However from 8000 to now the 12000 miles they've been driven on the wear has deteriorated markedly.
I'm no f1 driver but I do drive to progress. These tyres are worn out (all four) on my Quattro now.nn
Would I buy again? They're were about £105 per corner and if there in nothing else that wears better for a similar price the. Yes I would. But if I could get another 8000 miles from something else then I'd go for that.
I struggle to see how other have reached high mirages out of these when I could only obtain 120000 moles in 18 months.
tyre reviewed on August 8, 2014
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 325ci M-Sport convertible (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 500 average miles
The E46 M Sport Convertible can be very fussy when it comes to tyres. The issue I was getting was tramlining. The car would wonder all over the place and would not keep still or drive in a straight line.

I tried Michelin, Bridgestone, Continental, Falken. Out of all of them, the Michelin PS2's were the best and they cured the issue however they are too expensive to replace and they wear very quickly.

I read great reviews on the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's so I went for these on the front and straight away the car was totally different. No tramlining, tighter steering and better braking. The car actually feels solid.

I'm running these on the fronts and Vredestein Ultrac Vorti's on the rear (255/35/18) It's a good combination, but will change the rears to Goodyear at some point. Very impressed - great tyre and nicely priced!
tyre reviewed on August 6, 2014
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E39 5 series (235-35-17-W)
Sensational performing tyre - the only down side is an abysmal wear rate.

Lasted 10000 miles on the rear of a 5 Series.
tyre reviewed on August 5, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: