Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 239 tyre reviews averaging 88% over 1,794,163 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

83%

90%

89%

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews

Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a BMW Z4 (225-45-17-)
Why I didn't get rid of those dreadful run-flats earlier I will never know!. Since changing to the Goodyears the Z4 is a completely different car to drive. It no longer tramlines like a b**ch and going into corners at speed holds the road as if it is on rails. If you want to put the fun back into driving your Z4 then bite the bullet and do it, I promise you wont be dissappointed.
tyre reviewed on October 18, 2014
Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Astra VXR (235-35-19-W)
I was quite happy with these tyres. Dry grip was good and almost equally so in the wet. The sidewalls however felt a little softer than the Conti 5's I had previously which lead to a little stability and more roll in the corners when driving spiritedly. On the plus side, this meant they were slightly quieter than others I've tried. I went back to the Conti 5's after these tyres as I felt the slight increase in grip and feedback was worth the extra noise.
tyre reviewed on October 8, 2014
Looking to buy the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or any other tyre.

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST 225 (2003-2007) (225-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly town for 10,000 spirited miles
Outstanding grip on wet, perfect on dry. Used on a Ford Focus ST225 for 3 years and already changed them and put again the same. I suggest them!
tyre reviewed on October 8, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot rcz 200 thp (235-45-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 15,000 spirited miles
Good grip both wet and dry just watch puddles for the test fantastic
tyre reviewed on October 8, 2014
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall Corsa vxr (215-45-17-W)
100% recommended
tyre reviewed on October 1, 2014
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Honda S2000 (245-45-17-)
Lets get something clear right from the start. These Goodyears are installed on my rear wheel drive Honda S2000 for the sole purpose of weekend blasts at 98% of its handling limit. I abuse them, but not in the drifting sense, but in all out cornering and braking. When the missus is riding along, that is where the Goodyears take a break....a short break.

Dry Grip: On grippy tarmac you just cant seem to break these tyres off unless you do something really crazy. On older, slippery tarmac on a hot day, these tyres suffer almost just like any other tyres.

Wet grip: Drove on them twice in the rain - above average wet grip, however, wet weather performance is not why I bought the tyres for.

Road feedback: Not particularly impressive, probably because these tyres are very comfortable, hence dampens road feedback.

Progressiveness: These tyres do not snap off at the limit, which is what you need on a razor sharp S2000.

Wear: Horrible, but some credit is due due to the fact that I am running some camber.

Comfort: My lower S2000 is riding far better then the Bridgestones they replaced.

Buy again: Technically yes, but there are so many new ever improving tyres out there that it doesnt make sense to buy the same again.

tyre reviewed on October 1, 2014
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Aero 2.8T V6 (235-40-18-W)
My favourite all round summer tyre. Excellent wet performance and very good dry. They wear fairly quickly, but I am always hard on tyres so I epect that anyway.

There is lots of rubber available with comparable dry grip, but it's traction in the wet and on just damp roads that sorts the men from the boys. Highly recommended.
tyre reviewed on September 26, 2014
Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Subaru 2006 impreza wrx STI (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
I have these tyres on my Impreza STI and Civic Type R, absolutely love them. the wet weather performance is what really makes these tyres excellent. I have tried a few mid range and premium tyres and these are the best value for money. i paid £80 per corner in 225/45/17 which was not much more than mid range tyres in the same size.
tyre reviewed on September 8, 2014
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a BMW E46 330d (225-45-17-)
It is early days, but these tyres would appear to be awesome. All I can say is that my car was tram-lining, twitchy, bone shaking, and teeth chattering when running on Pirelli P6000s. Swapped them for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s and can't believe I am driving the same car. Tram-lining.....gone. Twitchiness.....gone. Noise......reduced. Fillings......preserved.
tyre reviewed on August 28, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Ford FPV GT P (245-35-19-W)
Before getting started, let me share that my car is a 1850kg, supercharged V8 (335Kw/570nm) type of saloon muscle car - and so what I write is relevant to that. I drive it sporty on winding roads in the country and a more restrained in the city or with my miss in it. The other tyres I used before and can compare it to directly are the factory fitted Dunlop Maxx and Pirelli P Zero.

The Dunlop has as only positive point that it's responsiveness felt good. However it gives way unannounced and is simply dangerous in the wet. The Pirelli was a very good tyre, especially in the wet but I feel it's simply too soft a tyre for Australian roads and it was gone within 9 months having done bit over 10K (km) all up.

So then the F1 Assym2.. its noticeably quieter, unmatched lateral grip, and is nicely progressive - I like that I can judge what its doing by the amount of extra tyre noise when pushing it. All up it is really an all around outstanding performing tyre and I am very impressed by how well it lasts given it's performance. Will buy again 100% - it just gets far more out of my car.
tyre reviewed on August 27, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: