Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Show all: Goodyear tyres, Passenger Car Summer Max Performance tyres
The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 302 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 2,562,323 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Reviews

Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Ford F6(Australia only)rwd (245-35-19-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
FPV car is heavy 1800kg and 310kw/570nm through rear wheels so 245 width is always a challenge, these tyres held up very well hooked up well with not too much wheelspin, cornering was very crisp. Car tends to overwhelm tyres with soft sidewalls, these were great though, and very predictable on the limit. There was a downside though in that tyres became very noisy after 30,000km, rubber seemed to harden off and noise got so bad that I changed them out even though there was plenty of tread left, would only plan on 30,000km life based on this problem. Would buy again.
tyre reviewed on November 27, 2015
Given 87% (breakdown) while driving a MINI (205-45-17-)
Replaced the original bridgestone potenza run flats, my findings after 20000 miles + are very positive due to the firm set up of the vehicle the noise and comfort was improved quite significantly, understeer in wet conditions was where I found the most improvements, I can now push far more without the fear of loosing traction, I have pushed these tyres fairly hard and have got 20000+ they are down to around 2-3 mm now. The walls suit well to the setup of the vehicle. I'm running them at 31 psi which helps with comfort and wet grip (My preference) the bridgestone tyres had no sidewall flexibility (due to run flat strengthening) which mad them horrific in the snow and terrible in the wet although I've not used the car in snow yet with the Goodyears.
tyre reviewed on November 25, 2015
Looking to buy the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 or any other tyre.
Given 91% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Golf mk6 GTD (225-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 40,000 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on November 20, 2015
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 2.5SE (225-45-17-W)
Brilliant tyres, although the particular design is considered a bit old now, it is the 2nd time I 've fitted these on my Jaguar X-Type, never had any issue with them. Fantastic in all respects.
tyre reviewed on November 20, 2015
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST (235-40-18-)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on November 18, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta st (205-45-16-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 7,000 average miles
Hello there,
I own a 2005 Ford Fiesta ST and I live mostly in Athens and mountainous Crete. I am a big fun of Michelin, however a friend of mine convinced me to try the F1As2. I used to have Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 and I was mostly satisfied. But with the GYF1As2? I won't hesitate to tell you that they are just perfect for my ST. Excellent Grip in country roads with steep curves, following one another. On the highways, very comfortable and not noisy. Slippery greek roads? Not any more. Well?? I like my tyres after 7000miles. Thank you
tyre reviewed on November 16, 2015
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a BMW (225-45-18-V)
Driving on mostly motorways for 9,000 average miles
Took off runflat Pirelli that came standard on my BMW 320D F30. After reading much into tyres I decided to take these over the Michelin Pilot Super Sport (more on these later). A Great summer tyre Good amounts of grip, good traction if accelerating hard. Very good in the wet too. I nearly aquaplaned into the central reservation of the m6 while in Pirelli, but these are much better never aquaplaned once.

I decided to take these due to their comfort and am quite let down. After 9000 I find they are quite noisey, when new their noise levels were low but now they are loud. I dread to think how loud they will be as the continue to wear.

Would I buy these again? I'm not too sure. I will try the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, which is a little better all round but was criticised for its noise levels. It cant be noisier than these Goodyears so I look forward to switching.
tyre reviewed on November 9, 2015
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 6 Sport 2.3L (215-45-17-W)
Still 6mm left after the season (10k+ miles), although often driven very hard (spirited) with heavy cornering and braking. Incredible grip during dry braking, I did some measures and my braking distance from 100kmph was around 29 meters. Excellent on dry asphalt, and also very good on wet. The feedback is quite nice, but progressiveness could be a bit better to bo 10 out of 10, this is perhaps due to soft sidewall. But there is a huge advantage from such soft sidewall, the tires are very comfortable to run compared to other summer tires I had before with same profile size. Overall very satisfied. Seems they could last another 2 seasons.
tyre reviewed on October 26, 2015
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall (225-45-17-)
00021000 Tyres have been great in all weather conditions & comfortable quite but they continued to lose tyre pressure at one to two Psi per week for the last year. That was all. 4 tyres. MOT due today and 2mm above legal limit bars. And 2 of the 4. Tyres are cracked on inner rims not good and wasn't expecting it. As the three all looked at a glance.. They were fitted for last MOT.
tyre reviewed on October 5, 2015
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Ford mondeo 2.2 (245-45-18-)
Generally good tyres, but I did have PS3's fitted when I bought the car and they were far better. I was recommended the Eagles for cost / wear ability, but hells bells, they are extremely NOISY.
And for this and only this I would not consider them again.
tyre reviewed on October 3, 2015

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Speed Rating: