BFGoodrich Urban Terrain TA

The BFGoodrich Urban Terrain TA is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 87% over 100,200 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the BFGoodrich Urban Terrain TA
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the BFGoodrich Urban Terrain TA

Questions and Answers for the BFGoodrich Urban Terrain TA

2016-12-15 - What is the weight of this tire for the size 235/60 R16? Thanks!

13.02kg when new

2018-05-14 - I have tried investigating these tyres for my Tiguan 235/55r17 but not a lot of UK information. Would you be able to advise if they are descent for everyday driving, annually 10-12k miles. Blackcircles have them with interest free and I am curious if there is a reason for this?

They're intended for everyday driving, unfortunately I've no personal experience with these tyres so can't give them a personal recommendation. BFGoodrich are an excellent tyre manufacturer though so I expect them to be a good tyre.

Top BFGoodrich Urban Terrain TA Review

Given 78% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (235/55 R18 V) on a combination of roads for 100 average miles
Just purchased and less than 100 miles on them so far. I will say they ride and grip much better than the stock tire that came on my RAV 4.
146 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2015

Latest BFGoodrich Urban Terrain TA Reviews

Have you driven on the BFGoodrich Urban Terrain TA tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Urban Terrain TA.

Given 80% while driving a Honda 1.6 I DTEC (225/65 R17 H) on for 0 miles
I bought for 1 year ago. a unique negative point is loudness. Dry, wet and snowy driving is comfortable. I do not suggest but at high speed driving one-hour duration was very safe and smooth but you must not drive fast. 20 cm snow driving and handling are very easy. unfortunately consumption is more than my previous summer tire 1-liter euro diesel per 100 km. I have no experience in the mud field. I can buy again definitely.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 15, 2019
BMW (255/55 R18) on a combination of roads for 7,000 easy going miles
Bmw x5 3.0d 18inch wheels
BF urban terrain front 7000 miles since new started with 9mm of tread now has 8mm of tread
so front tyres should last 7.4 x 7000 approx 50000 miles on front 62000 on rear if taken to legal minimum
michelin latitude sports lasted 20000 front 25000 rear
michelins have the edge on handling and steering response BFs have better comfort/ ice and snow /mud /tread wear at similar tyre purchase cost
For me overall I prefer the BFs and the extra tread life makes it a no brainer
but for the driver whose priority is steering response / handling the michelins perform better

1 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2019
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 94% while driving a Subaru Outback (225/65 R17) on mostly country roads for 25,000 average miles
Probably the best all round tyre I've used and have tried many over the years. Bought Urban Terrains because one of my Landcruisers clocked up 50,000 miles on BFG AT's and still had plenty of life left with superb off road and excellent on road characteristics. Now I drive a 2014 Subaru Outback. Found the UT's good for their type in the mud, excellent in the snow (acceleration, braking and cornering all good and predictable) and with extremely good on-road performance and manners. Done 25,000 miles and according to the MoT tester all four corners were between 5mm and 6mm remaining so plenty left. Had to fit 225/65/17 as no 225/60 available. Won't look at anything else now, am very pleased. For a compromise tyre (which all season must always be by definition) they come close to being the perfect tyre for me.
1 - tyre reviewed on March 15, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Dacia Duster 4x4 (215/65 R16) on a combination of roads for 25,000 miles
Sufficient traction in the snow, average braking distance.
Average traction on ice, poor braking.
On wet and dry ground.
Tire life is very high.
12 - tyre reviewed on January 9, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (235/55 R18) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
These tyres replaced OEM Bridgestone Dueler 687's. Handling and wet/dry braking massively improved. Much better grip on wet grass and muddy/rocky tracks. More control on icy roads and driving through flood water. Not driven on snow with them yet but the old Bridgestone's had great difficulty stopping on 15% decline in the snow earlier this year.

OEM Bridgestone's were only E rated in the wet, BFG's are C rated, a big difference that really shows on the road.

5K miles driven and no visible sign of wear yet. Side walls seem very strong with no visible shoulder wear.

The only negative is the fuel economy, I'm getting avg 25 miles per tank less than with the Dueler's. For me, the shorter braking distances, handling and off road traction make up for this.
8 - tyre reviewed on December 29, 2018