Hankook Winter i cept RS2

The Hankook Winter i cept RS2 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 18 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 122,800 miles driven.

2019 Winter Tyre Test Market Overview - 12th of 47 tyres

2019 ADAC 185/65 R15 Winter Tyre Test - 4th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Good results on snow, dry and wet roads
  • Negative - Relatively weak grip on ice, Increased fuel consumption
  • Overall - Excellent

2019 Auto Bild Winter 17 inch Tyre Test - 9th of 21 tyres

• Positive - The winter king with the best performance on snow, good dry handling, well priced
  • Negative - Average wet performance
  • Overall - Good
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

2017-10-10 - I would like to know when this mid-life update was implemented ... Which date code to look on tyres sidewalls ? Actually I m on a set of RS2 dating week 39of 2015 . I ll get another set for sure if i get an answer for this

Unfortunately we don't have any specific date information for a mid-life update for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2.

Top Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Review

Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 GT (205/55 R16 T) on a combination of roads for 39,000 easy going miles
Excellent grip of the tires. I expected more comfortable, and safe. I would recommend, quality tires
206 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016

Latest Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Winter i cept RS2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Winter i cept RS2.

Given 89% while driving a Mazda 2 SP (195/45 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I bought 2 of these last winter because I got stuck in snow the year previous. As luck would have it, I didn't experience any snow last winter. There was a lot of rain instead at, or below, 7 C. At this temperature winter tyres are supposed to grip better. My experience at this temperature, in the wet, is that these tyres are superb. They just make you much more relaxed and confident in these conditions. The guy that fitted them for me said (several times) that he really liked the tread pattern. So my driving is Monday to Friday urban - motorway - urban. Weekends, it's A roads and urban. I've just bought another 2 for this winter (2019/20). In the dry, I honestly didn't notice any difference from the all weather tyres I've used in the past. But I don't have a fast car and I don't go to the limits either.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 7, 2019
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 76% while driving a BMW 120d M sport (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Very good winter tyre for combined conditions, with generally wet roads.

For the price, it won't disappoint. Unless you want a sporty edge, with progressive manners near the limit, in which case I suggest trying another brand. (Goodyear Gen1, for example.)

0 - tyre reviewed on July 23, 2019
Given 84% while driving a Suzuki CELERIO (175/65 R14 T) on a combination of roads for 7,500 average miles
Reliable tyres with normal roadfeeling and a good balance between comfort and stability. They have handled very well in rain, dry, snow and slush. They are remarkably resistant to aquaplaning. Was on the passing lane on highway going 110 km/h or maybe more shortly after some heavy rain and there was a section where the entire left lane was flooded. 2-3 inches of standing water for at least 50 meters and these just ploughed right through, not letting go at all. Given the tyres are fairly new, but still, I've tried aquaplaning on less water on other tyres with plenty of tread. I can hardly tell any sign of wear after 1 winter and around 12000 km. I've noticed around 10-15% increase in fuel consumption, compared to the eco summer tyres, (Bridgestone Ecopia EP150, 165/65R14 79S), but the Hankooks have a much better roadfeeling and are way more stable at highway speeds.
Would deffo buy again!
0 - tyre reviewed on July 4, 2019
Given 91% while driving a Hyundai I10 (175/65 R14 T) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
Winter arrived tonight and i got to see how these worked in the snow. i was stuck in a traffic queue with all the cars around be obviously struggling for grip. Being a narrow bendy lane i could not go around. When i finally neared the front of the queue (two hours to travel about a mile and a half), i saw the reason was a hill that cars were struggling to get up. Locals were out trying to push the cars up the hill. I had room to go around now, so i drove up the hill and just drove home. I even had the confidence to stop on the hill to let a tractor out (which was pulling a car). Stunning snow performance. At no point did i feel loss of grip. I even left a new range rover in my wake.
These tyres do feel spongier than my previous all seasons. but if you aren't a racer, what does it matter. Excellent in the rain. Aquaplaning seems to be non existent with these (but then my tyres are skinny also). Would i buy these again ? hands down yes !
Final thought - Winter tyres should be a legal requirement at this time of year. If they were i would have been home 2 hours earlier.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2019