Hankook Winter i cept RS2

The Hankook Winter i cept RS2 is a Premium Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 86,300 miles driven.

2018 AMS Winter Tyre Test - 4th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Excellent snow grip and handling, safe balance in the wet and dry.
  • Negative - Relatively long dry braking, high rolling resistance.
  • Overall - Highly recommended.

2018 Auto Express Winter Tyre Test - 3rd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Best winter tyre in the snow, excellent aquaplaning resistance, well priced.
  • Negative - High rolling resistance.

2018 Auto Bild Winter Tyre Test - 5th of 22 tyres

• Positive - Premium tyres with excellent handling qualities in all weather conditions. Low wear, good price / performance ratio.
  • Negative - Slightly high rolling resistance.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2

2017-10-10 - I would like to know when this mid-life update was implemented ... Which date code to look on tyres sidewalls ? Actually I m on a set of RS2 dating week 39of 2015 . I ll get another set for sure if i get an answer for this

Unfortunately we don't have any specific date information for a mid-life update for the Hankook Winter i cept RS2.

Top Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Review

Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 6 GT (205/55 R16 T) on a combination of roads for 39,000 easy going miles
Excellent grip of the tires. I expected more comfortable, and safe. I would recommend, quality tires
195 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2016

Latest Hankook Winter i cept RS2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Winter i cept RS2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Winter i cept RS2.

Given 91% while driving a Hyundai I10 (175/65 R14 T) on mostly country roads for 3,000 average miles
Winter arrived tonight and i got to see how these worked in the snow. i was stuck in a traffic queue with all the cars around be obviously struggling for grip. Being a narrow bendy lane i could not go around. When i finally neared the front of the queue (two hours to travel about a mile and a half), i saw the reason was a hill that cars were struggling to get up. Locals were out trying to push the cars up the hill. I had room to go around now, so i drove up the hill and just drove home. I even had the confidence to stop on the hill to let a tractor out (which was pulling a car). Stunning snow performance. At no point did i feel loss of grip. I even left a new range rover in my wake.
These tyres do feel spongier than my previous all seasons. but if you aren't a racer, what does it matter. Excellent in the rain. Aquaplaning seems to be non existent with these (but then my tyres are skinny also). Would i buy these again ? hands down yes !
Final thought - Winter tyres should be a legal requirement at this time of year. If they were i would have been home 2 hours earlier.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2019
Given 73% while driving a Dacia Logan (185/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 1,800 average miles
This is an update of my previous review. I've added some extra miles to the tyres (around 800) in real winter conditions. They are excellent on slush as far as grip is concerned. However, snow grip is average. Worst still, ice grip is rather disappointing, but that's acceptabile for non-stud winter tyres. Overall impression is good, though I would reccommend these tyres for milder climate, where snow is not present full time over the winter season.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 19, 2019
Given 67% while driving a Dacia Logan (185/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
These tyres were not my first option as I was looking for Nokian WR D4 (which were up for delivery only by the end of November).
Dry grip on Hankook was a bit disappointing at first until they started to break-in. 1000 miles later, dry grip seems to have improved.
Wet grip has been good right from the start.
I haven't had the chance to test them on snow yet.
Noise level is a bit on the high side even at lower speed.
Overall, I am happy with the choice I've made.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 26, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (195/65 R15 T) on mostly town for 4,000 average miles
Great winter tire for a very good price. Highly recomended for small to medium vehicles. Suites for more asphalt driving than snow, but it still handles the slush and snow very well.
Definately will buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2018