Avon Spirit ST

The Avon Spirit ST is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

The Spirit ST is the successor to Avon's acclaimed Storm range and has been designed to provide excellent levels of wet grip, together with superb handling on a wide range of popular sport-touring bikes.

Featuring a radical new tread pattern, the Spirit ST uses the very latest high-silica synthetic rubber compounds for improved mileage.

Tyre review data from 6 tyre reviews averaging 91% over 13,806 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Avon Spirit ST
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Avon Spirit ST

Questions and Answers for the Avon Spirit ST

2017-04-27 - When is the release date (uk availability) on the new for the avon spirit st tyres?

Avon have said "late Spring" for the new Spirit ST, so hopefully they'll be available in the market any time now!

Top Avon Spirit ST Review

Given 91% while driving a Honda CBR1100XX (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 600 spirited miles
I have tried these Avons for about 1000 kilometres on a Honda CBR 1100XX. Heavy and powerful bike, mostly riding with a pillion. I do commuting and country rides, plus long touring rides in the summertime. First time on Avons, they replaced Dunlop Roadsmart 3 tyres, one of the best choices I 've ever made for my bike and riding needs. Never had a doubt about them beeing as good as the Dunlops. They are, plus they are much cheaper. During my last ride conditions ghanged rapidly from dry to wet again and again, but the tyres were excellent. Quick warm up, never got me worried about grip. Leaning felt easier than with my previous tyres (when they were new) and efortless cosidering the size and weight of my bike. The rear tyre was perfect, but the front one was awesome! Felt like it was attached or glued(!) to the road like much sportier tyres do and gave me lots and lots of confidence to go faster without thinking twice about the road conditions or the weather. Wear does not seem to be an issue so far, they look brand new after 1000 kms. So far I am very satisfied, I would recommend them and definately would buy them again.
6 - tyre reviewed on July 16, 2018

Latest Avon Spirit ST Reviews

Have you driven on the Avon Spirit ST tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Avon Spirit ST? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Avon Spirit ST >>

Given 64% while driving a Triumph Storm (200/50 R17) on mostly country roads for 1,200 spirited miles
Great handling tyre, only lasted 2000 km tho
0 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2020
Given 99% while driving a Triumph 1050 Sprint ST (180/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 0 spirited miles
Having last had Avon Tyres back in the 70's & 80's I have to admit I never considered them, after about after a 10 year break for from riding [bad back]. Then in the 90's got back on a bike and only used Bridgestone etc. So when the Tiger 1050SE was due a set of tyres I started looking about as I wasn't happy the Bridgestone performance in all conditions. So hit the internet and found the Avon Spirit ST's and the good reviews, so I decided to go for them. After I had scrubbed them in I start to really try them out. Well, I could not believe how good dam good they are. Positive feel [wet & dry] the bike handles like a cruse missile. The ride is so much smoother, even the wife noticed from the pillion. I've only done about 500miles on them but will buy again...I'm a weekend motorcycle instructor, I go on blasts with my mates and tour Europe [well when we can start doing it again, thanks China...] Big thanks Avon, these tyres are fantastic and made in the UK, made an old man happy... ;) Well done Avon...
0 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2020
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 97% while driving a Yamaha MT 07 (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
These tires transformed the ride on my Yamaha 700. The Pirellis I had before them were twitchy and always made me nervous. The Spirit ST are stable and remain grippy all weathers. The bike is still fun to ride fast and no less chuck-able riding twisty roads, just more predictable. The wear rate has been very good and so was the price. I also think they look great - especially that MotoGP-like rear. Will definitely replace them with the same again.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 24, 2019
Given 97% while driving a Suzuki 2008 (160/60 R17) on mostly country roads for 6,000 spirited miles
A bit expensive but a fantastic tyre . I was a big fan of the original Avon storms though was only getting 3-4K out of a pair , the second generation were a big improvement - I dabbled with PR3’s and other tyres but found the Avon storms superior - I can’t really tell the dofference between the storm 2 and the spirit but the tread pattern looks different - the tyre compound round the edges seems just as sticky

I’ve taken these on the track both wet and dry and can’t fault them , they snot up a lot like a race tyre and give a good amount of feedback . I’ve also toured through baking sun and torrential rain and never been let down by them
6 - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Honda CBR1100XX (180/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6 spirited miles
I can say now, after another 5.000 miles on these excellent tyres, that my initial review was a very modest one! I rode for most of these miles with a pillion and hard luggage (total weight of the bike, myself, pillion and hard luggage was at least 500 kilos), on country roads and highways, in dry (very hot...) and wet (very wet...) conditions. The pace was sometimes touring and sometimes faster than it should, considering the weight... The bike felt very stable at high speeds on the highways and it was leaning quite easily at the twisty b-roads... Never had a worry of any kind from the tyres, they were just perfect all the way! And after all these miles, despite the weight, the different weather conditions, the (relatively quick) pace and the variety of roads, the tyres show no sign of wear!!! They look just like they did when they had less than a 1000 miles on them!!! Sounds impossible, yes, but that 's the truth! So, I stick to my initial review and I confirm everything I said back then. Plus I wonder no more about the tyres lasting for a long time. I highly recommend them and I will buy them again (and again...)!
2 - tyre reviewed on September 6, 2018