Dunlop RoadSmart III

The Dunlop RoadSmart III is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Motorcycle

This tyre replaced the Dunlop RoadSmart II

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 92% over 37,506 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop RoadSmart III
120/70 R17 58W

Questions and Answers for the Dunlop RoadSmart III

2016-09-21 - I have a Kawasaki Versys 650 (2016) and looking to replace my rear tyre (Currently D222 Sportmax), what would be my best options? I will occasionally use on wet but mostly dry road conditions.

If you're looking at Dunlop tyres for mostly dry riding, the SportSmart range is worth looking at. The Michelin Pilot Road range is another well regarded alternative to the Roadsmart.

Top Dunlop RoadSmart III Review

Given 87% while driving a Kawasaki z1000 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
Have to say I've always run Dunlop Sport Smarts so was interested to see what these were like compared to the old tyres. Have to say that they have not disappointed.

Plenty of grip (well enough for my riding abilities) and haven't let go once. There was a little slide in sketchy conditions a few weeks ago, going from dry road to wet and then back to dry travelling at dry road speeds. They recovered well and gave good drive.

Tyres warm up well and have a good amount of edge grip.

I've got these on my ZZR1400 as well but that will be used on my upcoming trip to the Isle of Man. Must say, I am really looking forward to running them over the Mountain section of the course!
58 - tyre reviewed on May 12, 2016

Latest Dunlop RoadSmart III Reviews

Have you driven on the Dunlop RoadSmart III tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Dunlop RoadSmart III? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Dunlop RoadSmart III >>

Given 93% while driving a Suzuki Gsxr1000 k4 (190/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
Although these tyres are marketed as a sports touring tyre I decided to try them on my 2004 gsxr1000 k4 as I was fed up with having to purchase a set of tyres every 3 to 4 thousand miles and wanted something longer lasting. These are the best tyres I have ever fitted to my 1000 gsxr. They don't move whatsoever in the dry and with the front profile turn in really sharp. Just look where you want to go and your there. In the wet they are just as good and I allways rode with 36f/42r. I rode to France twice and over to the t.t. When I sold the bike I still had the receipt with the fitting mileage on and couldn't believe the back was just beginning to square very slightly but the front still looked brand new. The mileage 9000 miles! Unbelieavable. My current gsxr1000r L8 came with bridgestone rs10s which are nice and square after less than 4000 miles so will be fitted with the sportsmart 3s pretty soon.
Couldn't recommend them highly enough.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 4, 2020
Given 91% while driving a BMW 218d Active Tourer (190/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
BMW K1600 GTL E
Best tyres to date, love them and can't fault them.
Yes, I will be fitting them again and to my Deauville when I get the chance.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 30, 2019
Want the best tyre for real world driving? Watch this!
Yamaha TDM850 (170/70 R17) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Outstanding tyres, never felt loosing grip both dry and wet roads. Very long mileage - 16500 km (10000 miles), half with luggage and passenger on mountain roads. Replaced with Michelin Pilot Road 4, also good tyres but very noisy compare to Dunlop. Definitely the best tyres I ever had on my Yamaha!
3 - tyre reviewed on June 26, 2019
Given 98% while driving a BMW K1600 GTL (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
BMW K1600GTL. First class tyre when fitted to this bike. I am not going to go on about them other than to say Great tyres and I would definitely buy again.
3 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2019
Given 97% while driving a (190/50 R17) on for 0 miles
The tires I have experienced long term on both my gsxr1000's covering a total distance of 230,000 klms have been the following:
bridgelstone s20r....oem (came with the bike) ...ok upto 8,000 klms..too soft and wear uneven.
michelin pilot road 3...Crap, they wear very unevenly and are too squirmy and pick up too many flats as the tread is too busy..like it attracts flat tyres.
michelin pilot power 3... Good tyre up to 10,000 klms
DUNLOP road smart 3....About 17,000 klms a set front and back. The absolute best for longevity and performance, as good as a sport tyre with touring ability, I have not had any flat spot yet on front or rear. Great at speed (knee dragging) cornering. This tire is planted when on its edges. Thoroughly recommend and will definitely keep buying..on my 3rd set now. Oh! did I say CHEAP!!!! Very affordable $450 for pair deal.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 11, 2019