Avon ZV7

The Avon ZV7 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Replacing the acclaimed Avon ZV5, the newly-developed ZV7 incorporates a range of advanced technologies that mean it offers a host of added features and benefits.

The distinctive tread pattern of the new Avon ZV7 is designed with large circumferential grooves that clear water quickly and efficiently to reduce aquaplaning in the wet. It features sequenced tread blocks to reduce noise generated from the road, providing a quieter driving experience.

The Avon ZV7 tread pattern also features 3D sipes, which have interlocking three dimensional points inside the sipe. The 3D sipes provide the same benefits of a traditional sipe, including helping the tyre warm up and providing enhanced wet grip, but limit the amount of flex in the tread block which helps control the amount of heat generation in the dry and keeps the tread block stable.

Using the latest available polymer technology and advanced mixing techniques, the ZV7’s tread compound delivers excellent wet and dry grip while also reducing rolling resistance for great fuel efficiency.

This tyre replaced the Avon ZV5

Tyre review data from 60 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 293,406 miles driven.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 25th of 45 tyres

2018 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Quietest tyre on test.
  • Negative - Weakest tyre in the dry and wet.

2018 Auto Bild 15 inch Summer Tyre Test - 14th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning result, good comfort.
  • Negative - Understeer in the dry, average price.
185/55 R15 82V   E A 68
225/40 R18 92W XL   C A 70

Questions and Answers for the Avon ZV7

2016-09-06 - Hi, when did the Avon ZV7 replace the ZV5? thanks

The Avon ZV7 was launched in April 2016

2017-05-03 - Could you let me know ZV7 tyres are unidirectional please? I have purchased a pair of 225/40/R18 for my VW Golf online, I request a pair suitable for my front axle, nearside and offside front, however they have arrived today and appear to for one side only, ie inline. I would be grateful for your advice.

The Avon ZV7 is asymmetric, which means it can run in any direction. The tyre must be mounted correctly on the wheel, but it can go either side of the car, even if the tread pattern does look slightly different side to side.

Top Avon ZV7 Review

Given 90% while driving a BMW 320D M Sport (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Great dry grip in any direction! Wet grip is excellent when starting and stopping; they do slide a bit when pushed to the limits although you do have to push it very hard!
The ride is smooth at all speeds although this does limit the feedback you get for them.
Overall they are fantastic value and they definitely keep up with tyres over twice the price.
269 - tyre reviewed on August 17, 2016

Latest Avon ZV7 Reviews

Have you driven on the Avon ZV7 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the ZV7.

Alfa Romeo (225/45 R17 W) on for 500 miles
Only 500 miles so far but accurate turn in quiet ride and fuel consumption the same as for previous Pirelli P7 Cints. Driven on dry roads and in heavy rain and they give confidence when pushing in. Will no more about higher speed roadholding and wear as time goes on.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 17, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Volvo V50 estate (205/55 R16) on mostly town for 4,500 average miles
These tyres are very good performing as I would have expected from past experience.
However the tyres I have fitted to my Volvo have only covered 4500 miles and all 4 have around 7mm of tread left so loads of life in them. Except that all four tyres are cracking at the base of the treads. The sort of quality I would not expect unless they were Chinese obscure branded D rated rubbish.

Not happy at all that I now have to look for new tyres which will not be Avons.

Check yours they could be the same. Mine have two different date numbers on but these relate manufacture within a few weeks of fitting.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 1, 2019
Given 88% while driving a Audi A4 2.8 quattro (205/55 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These are the best all round tyres I have had on my Audi. They are not ultimate performance tyres, but I didnt buy them for racing. I live in the wilds of Somerset and much of my driving is on little muddy twisty lanes, with some fast A roads and the occasional motorway blast.
I chose them because I know Avon has good pedigree, they seemed like really good price - not much more than horrid budget brands - and because the tread pattern looks to be chunky and rugged. And it is, if anything more so than the pictures show. This I think is important as they have to deal with all kinds of terrain on my car.
I fitted them last year and they were quiet and comfortable in the hot remainder of summer, surefooted in the rain, and just incredible in the recent snow. My back lane had about a foot of snow, and the car turned out of its parking space and just drove down the lane without slipping at all.
I cannot comment on wear yet as they are still quite new to me.
I usually drive on Conti Premium Contact and I reckon these are as good - certainly for my purposes and I would buy them again.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 8, 2019
Given 37% while driving a BMW 330 (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
These were a reluctant replacement for unavailable Kumho PS71. Unfortunately they are nowhere near as good, on my car at least.
The tread blocks are too mobile which gives the overall feel of nervousness and makes the handling a little woolly.
Dry grip is adequate, but on any sort of slippery or wet surface they are pretty poor breaking traction all too easily and feeling very indistinct and not confidence inspiring at all.
Road noise is worse than the Kumhos (and previous Nexens, Dunlops, etc) and the ride is compromised also.
Personally, can't recommend these and I'm waiting to see how long they last.
3 - tyre reviewed on January 18, 2019
Given 81% while driving a Rover 75 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 16,000 average miles
Would have lasted 20k miles were it not for a pot hole paid £240 fitted at Halfords. Quiet, good feed back, great in the cold and wet plus cornering was excellent. Replaced with Michelin PS4, I think I should have stayed with the Avons!
12 - tyre reviewed on October 13, 2018