Michelin Pilot Alpin 4

Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 89% while driving a Audi A3 (225/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 4,500 average miles
It's a top level winter tyre except the above average noise level. It's because of the thread pattern.
Michelin Alpin A4 tyres which I had before are quiter than these and a bit better when climbing uphill (They had V shaped pattern).
Very good in the dry and wet, good in snow and ice.
If you do not have a sporty car with lots of power and stiff suspension I think these tyres are too much for you, and expensive. I recommend cheaper (not sporty) versions such as Alpin A5.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2019
Given 91% while driving a BMW 520d M Sport (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 30,000 spirited miles
I run Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 all year round, getting a full year out of them, that’s about 30k open road miles. They give great confidence which why they have been my tyre of choice for about 4 years. I put new on in December ready for my trip to the Alps and then they stay on all year round (UK). The tyre and Bimmer electronics combo makes driving in slippery conditions a breeze (and fun), even when others are struggling.

Despite being RWD (I prefer it) I’ve never got struck. I also carry chains but have never fitted them other than to prove they will fit. In the mountains on compulsory chains or winters, winters every time! Unfortunately, those with chains inevitably get in the way.

I’m aware they “soft”, so I don’t abuse them apart from the necessary blast when entering a dual carriageway from a minor road. Most of my miles are morning and evening,not mid day sun. I tried Yokos, half the price, half the mileage and no confidence so the Michelin’s cost no more per mile plus they are nice to drive and grip better.
5 - tyre reviewed on January 27, 2019
Given 100% while driving a Audi A4 TDi Quattro Sport (255/35 R19) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
This is the third winter these tyres are back on the car. Tread depth is still 6mm. Just as comfortable as the michelin ps4 taken off but when the roads get greasy and wet these will keep you safe. Last winter drove the car from leeds to Norwich and back in the worst snow and no drama or fuss, that's how good these tyres are. Superb and will buy another set when these are worn out.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 27, 2018
Given 99% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (235/55 R18 H) on mostly town for 4,000 spirited miles
I got to tell you that I am amazed by this tyres performance. I bought immediately after car purchasing equipped with all season Dunlop Grandtrek ST30 which by the way, do not use it even somebody give its for free, but this will be another topic. PA4 is quite expensive,as it should be a high performence tyre but overall worth the money. I drove 4000km on icey roads, wet and what I've liked the most on -10 degree dry surface and I had no wear what so ever, no significal noise and great grip in 10cm of snow. Brake on wet and dry is also great . I will say this tyres are great for FWD and AWD and higly recommend for Central East European weather.
2 - tyre reviewed on October 4, 2018
Given 89% while driving a BMW 525i (245/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
I purchased these tyres in December 2017 for my BMW525i Tourer as this is the car we use to transport my two little kids. Within weeks of delivery the snow started to fall & I was eager to test them. Overall far exceeded my expectations. I climbed hills no problem at all for a rear wheel drive car leaving other cars in my wake. We then had the beat from the east in March 18 & I did feel extremely smug as these tyres handled & performed flawlessly. I cannot stress how important the safety aspect of these tyres when driving I. Winter conditions. I reverted to summer tyres in April 18- little or no where after 3000 miles or so. All in all highly recommend
5 - tyre reviewed on July 8, 2018
Given 93% while driving a BMW bmw (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
1st impression was a little strange as I was not used to winter tyres to begin with and could feel the movement of the tyre surface on the road where the rubber was moving (not losing traction) a little. I soon got used to it and it settled down very quickly. I used them in dry, wet (full blown surface water standing) to 2ft of snow with iced surfaces. The tyres got a full work out in all conditions over the winter and I have to say performed really well in all conditions. Got stuck once in snow but this was due to the chassis settling down on the ice more than the tyres losing traction i.e. got beached. I didn't experience aquaplaning once even though the water was about 1-2 inches deep. Overall the tyres worked really well and having just taken them off today, the wear is about 2mm after 2,500 miles, including lighting up the back tyres on the M4 often enough. I have driven cars with other winter tyre brands and they didn't create near the confidence level the Michelin Alpine PA4's did. Would definitely buy again considering the car is powerful and needs all the help it can get in the ice and snow, they will be going on this winter again, definitely...
5 - tyre reviewed on May 3, 2018
Given 94% while driving a Peugeot 307 (195/65 R15 T) on mostly town for 20,000 average miles
Great tires!!! - low wear, grip is phenomenal on dry, wet and snow. During 4 years driving on these tires I manage to make 30000 km so far, and the grip is still fine because there is still 5 mm of tread. Michelin proved to me that tire performance does not deteriorate over time. Although they are expressive, Michelin tires are great value for money.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2017
Given 100% while driving a Audi a5 3.0 tdi quattro sport (255/35 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 800 average miles
Stuck a new set of winter tyres on the car at the start of November and a week later it snowed! Going to work in the snow Monday morning was great, other cars were all over the place sliding and skidding while I was sat in the car relaxed. I have other winter tyres in previous years on the car but these are the best by far. They have a slightly stiffer side wall but are comfortable and also have a big rim protector. They cut through snow and standing water like it wasn't there. Buy them in the summer while they are a bit cheaper. It was the look on peoples faces when your cars not stuck or sliding about that makes these tyres worth every penny. Buy them they are brilliant and will get some home safe and sound.
5 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2016
Given 96% while driving a Lexus GS 250 Luxury (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 4,000 average miles
Just put these back on the car for their second season and whilst I can't comment on their ability to cope with snow yet, they are simply beautiful tyres. So assured and so comfortable I just know I shall be able to cope with any conditions thrown at them with absolute confidence.
Bought these to replace a set of Yokohama winter tyres which were the subject of a "Lexus" deal and there is no comparison - the Michelins win hands down.
3 - tyre reviewed on November 14, 2016
Given 100% while driving a Peugeot 407 Coupe (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 8,000 spirited miles
exclusive wintertyre even driven on dry road you cant believe that you drive a wintertyre
2 - tyre reviewed on June 10, 2015