Barum Bravuris 2

Show all: Barum tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Barum Bravuris 2 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 110 tyre reviews averaging 80% over 1,243,559 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Barum Bravuris

83%

84%

Tyre Test Results:

Barum Bravuris 2 Reviews

Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (225-45-17-)
Excellent value tyres. The Continental R&D shines through, at a fraction of the cost. Great grip and feedback in dry and wet conditions. So much better than the ?Hankook Ventus supplied with the car. I had 2 tyres for £110. Couldn't be more pleased with them. Decided to try Vredesteins this time as quite a bit cheaper than Barum's. Just because some people haven't heard of Barum, do not be a badge snob and overlook them!
tyre reviewed on September 15, 2014
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 NA (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5 easy going miles
I dont drive my car hard but I would have thought two tyres would have lasted longer than 1500 miles just been informed I need another set or rear tyres completely surprised by this as I dont do that many miles.
tyre reviewed on September 13, 2014
Looking to buy the Barum Bravuris 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Barum Bravuris 2 or any other tyre.

Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz A (205-45-16-V)
I bought these after much research and found them excellent. Think they are part of one of the higher end tyre companies. Continental maybe? I had all four tyres changed and 30k+ miles, I'm just changing the two front tyres. I'm gutted because it was a desperate change and did not have the time to find a place to get more of the Bravuris 2's. These were used on a Mercedes A Class and gave fantastic grip and handling for a car that is shaped like a brick. Noise levels were not too bad and my two rear tyres are still showing most of their tread so won't be replacing any time soon. I went for the XL version due to loading the car up for trips away and doing long milage at times. Bought my tyres from Tyretraders.com and were fitted through National tyres for £30 a tyre cheaper than what National were selling them for themselves.
tyre reviewed on September 5, 2014
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST (235-40-18-W)
Great value for money. While they lasted, they were very good on both dry and wet roads. They are sturdy and can handle bumps well without compromising too much comfort. The only real annoyance is the wear. I went through a brand new set of these tyres in a bit less than 2 seasons (I bought them in April 2013 and by September 2014, two of the tyres were completely worn with no pattern left at all, and 2 had a pattern of about 4.5mm). Not completely sure wether the extreme wear on 2 of the tyres is more related to my ride than the tyres themselves, but I still expected them to at least make it through 2 full seasons (I live in Estonia, so December-March I use winter tyres).
tyre reviewed on September 4, 2014
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 525d E61 Touring M-Sport (245-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 33,000 spirited miles
Replaced the standard BMW run flats for these tyres on my 2005 525d.
They give excellent grip and always feel planted on the limit in both the wet and dry and I would say are close in terms of performance to the equivalent high spec Pirellis on a friends BMW.
The rears lasted 20,000 miles and the fronts lasted 33,000 which is almost unbelievable considering the way I drive. The fronts may have reached the 40,000 mark had the tracking not gone out and the outside shoulder worn away early.
The only downside is the noise on motorways which is a lot higher than those rock hard run flats, however the performance gain far out-weighs the noise.
Excellent tyre and in my eyes undoubtedly the best value for money tyre on the market, hence why I have had the same fitted.
tyre reviewed on September 3, 2014
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector Sport Sportwagon (150) (225-45-17-V)
Tyres were absolutely flawless in the beginning, very low road noise, the grip in the wet was incredible, felt very safe with these tyres all round. I put the tyres on the limit on many occasions and they just bite down on the road!! For such a good tyre they are very reasonable price too!! Only downside is I have a slightly heavy right foot and have worn the tyres down fairly quickly (my fault I know!). Once the tyres have lower tread, the road noise increased and the grip is quite poor now. Having said that, you can take that as a sign to replace the tyres way before they are beyond the legal limit.

All in all, if you are an aggressive driver, these are probably not for you, in Barum's defence, they were never advertised as performance tyres.
I would definatly recommend these tyres to 95% of people on the road!! they are great tyres!!
tyre reviewed on August 31, 2014
Given 81% (breakdown) while driving a Lexus IS200 (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Fitted Bravuris 2 to my Lexus nearly two tears ago. Excellent wear and performance was equal to the premium tyres I removed. Just fitted a set of Bravuris 3 tyre to each of my Subaru Outback 3.0 and Legacy 3.0r - they are quiet, sure footed in the dry and wet. Highly recommended for the price.
tyre reviewed on August 15, 2014
Given 20% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 525 TDS (255-40-17-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
Horrible tyres.

Tyre wear is really critical, the tyre heats heavily after 3 miles of agressive driving which affects wear and poor response in steering wheel.

5000 miles done compared to the 22000 miles i have done with K110 from Hankook
tyre reviewed on June 26, 2014
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 318 (255-35-18-)
I drive the car in the city and on the highway often sport and are very pleased with the quality of construction and how the car remains stable on the road even in the most critical situations driving ... driving in romania where roads are 40% full of potholes .
I will gladly buy and formerly Barum
tyre reviewed on June 16, 2014
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Jaguar X Type 3.0 SE auto (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 1,500 average miles
Good tyres but ride is very hard in my jag X type. Very surprised. Seem very hard and unrelenting.
tyre reviewed on June 8, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: