Barum Bravuris 2

Barum Bravuris 2

The Barum Bravuris 2 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Barum Bravuris

This tyre has been replaced by the Barum Bravuris 3

Tyre review data from 123 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 1,393,081 miles driven.

Tyre Test Highlights

2012 Autoreview Touring Tyre Test - 8th of 9 tyres

• Positive - Low rolling resistance, price
  • Negative - Very sluggish handling in the wet and dry, noisy, low resistance to aquaplaning

2012 Auto Bild Max Performance Tyre Test - 9th of 15 tyres

• Positive - Good aquaplaning, low rolling resistance, excellent value for money.
  • Negative - Understeer in the dry and wet, average comfort.

2013 Test World Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 13 tyres

• Overall - The Barum has acceptable results in the wet, thanks to its predictable reactions and balance behaviors they allow you to make a quick lap time. However, in an emergency, these tyres behave nervously and can dramatically lose traction on the rear axle. During quick maneuvers on dry pavement, the Barum respond too slowly, and the braking distance is one of the longest in the test. The Barum also gladly informs the driver of the road bumps, and they were also unable to compete with the leaders during the rolling resistance test.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Barum Bravuris 2
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Barum Bravuris 2. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Barum Bravuris 2 Review

Given 26% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Corolla (195/65 R15) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
I didn't want these, they came with my certified Toyota Corolla from the dealer. They have to be the worse tires I've ever had. In 2 months the tread separated on one and within the year 2 more did likewise. And the worse part is they had over 80% tread left. Since I don't know where they came from they could have been mis-rotated at some time but I actually believe they were new being on a certified car. I have one left after 2 years and maybe 7000 miles so I will never buy one again.
3 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2016

Latest Barum Bravuris 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Barum Bravuris 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Bravuris 2.

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta 2009 titanium 1.4 (195/45 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 40,000 average miles
After much research decided on these, fantastic grip and feedback, always feel safe, great in dry and wet conditions. Wear is fantastic, 40000 summer miles with plenty of life left in them. Once the tyres were scrubbed in, mpg rose to high 40's. Cannot recommend them high enough, I am now a fan of Barum tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 30, 2016
3 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2016
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Alfa Romeo (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
I love these tyres - I know exactly where I stand with them.
I'm usually paying out for top brand tyres, after a near miss with some really awful budget one, and I cannot rave enough about these really well priced tyres.
I am a very 'spirited' driver and do a lot of country roads - the result is these do wear out a bit for me - particularly as a result of my tracking usually always being out.
However, I cannot rave about these enough - I've never felt out of control in these - even on the wet.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 3, 2016
Given 77% (breakdown) while driving a Kia Motors (205/50 R17 V) on mostly town for 40,000 spirited miles
Its the 2nd time i buy the Barums
Very good and cheap choise which i clearly recommend!

They handle exceptionally on dry conditions,above average on wet!

The only negative i can add,is that until 35.000km they are great,their wear is really progressive and they do their job nicelly!But,after this point they just stop working well and when you reach 40000km,they must be thrown away asap

So their progressiveness is not that good..just like the Continentals
0 - tyre reviewed on January 5, 2016
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 530dA M Sports E39 (255/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 6,000 spirited miles
These were fitted to the car when i bought it, i'd never heard of them before and was going to replace them ASAP with a brand i knew and trusted, for instance, Goodyear's or Michelin's.
but first i wanted to run the car for a few thousand miles to be sure it wasn't going to be a money pit!!
thankfully the car proved to be sound and reliable as where the Barum's! i would describe my driving style as "not one for hanging about" but on the other hand no Lewis Hamilton either!
i found that the Barum's suited the car well in all weather, comfy and quiet(for a performance saloon) and gave me confidence on all kinds of roads, so much so i decided to leave them on the car, the rears are down to 3mm now (which is the time i normally look to changing my tyres)but the fronts are still on 6mm! being a heavy rear wheel drive car i'd expect the rears to wear faster than the fronts, but don't no if all four tyres were replaced at the same time by the previous owner so cannot say if the rears are wearing much faster than the fronts!
i've found that you can "push" these Barum's on all road conditions with good feed back, they give you plenty of notice before they let go which gives you time to react! i don't usually push my car that hard, but i like to remind myself of mine and the car's capability's every now and then !
to replace the rear's with Barum's again will cost £84 each as opposed to £135 each for the Goodyear's!
I will not skimp on tyres or brakes, but on this occasion i see no reason to spend over the odds for a name!!
to sum up, in my opinion, UNLESS your a real speed freak who likes to drive there car to it's limit's everywhere in all conditions! then these Barum's would be a sound choice!
1 - tyre reviewed on January 3, 2016