Barum Bravuris 2

Show all: Barum tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Barum Bravuris 2 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 97 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 1,047,054 miles driven.

Barum Bravuris 2

85%

85%

Tyre Test Results:

Barum Bravuris 2 Reviews

Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a SEAT Leon FR tdi (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 45,000 easy going miles
Had these tyres on my front end for over 45k miles (90% of that was motor way driving with a light right food on the m62) More than enough grip in the dry and I only started to worry about wet handling when I was down to 3mm. I've just stuck another set on the front and am equally as happy as I was 45k ago. I now use mainly winding country roads and occasionally have fun with my 200+ ponies and I've never felt worried about the lack of grip. I'll be reposting when these need replacing with the mileage I got out of them now the driving is more suited to eating tyres. Would I buy again? I already have!
tyre reviewed on April 15, 2014
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a MG ZT 135+ CDTi (225-45-18-)
Very quiet and comfortable tyre, the same good on wet as on dry tarmac. Not as good grip as some of the premium tyres, the limit for understeer comes a little sooner. But the limit doesn't come suddenly, these tyres let you know in advance, so it is safe. For the low price it is probably worth buying it.
tyre reviewed on February 23, 2014
Looking to buy the Barum Bravuris 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Barum Bravuris 2 or any other tyre.

Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Peugeot 5008 (225-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 11 average miles
For the first 5000 miles these were great in the dry, and just a bit slippy in the wet. Bit squisy when towing our caravan. Overall, fine for the price. But that was just the first 5k miles

I am now having to replace them after just 11k miles, and I don't push the limits when I drive.....well, rarely. They have worn out SO quickly I am shocked after the reviews on here about long-life. Perhaps the compund has changed, but mine wore out much too quickly to buy them again,
tyre reviewed on February 14, 2014
Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 1.8T S-line Cabrio (235-45-18-W)
Not so bad for the price, however, the tyre is realy worn out at 15000 miles, and it has a bad wet grip now, altough it was quite good when was new.
tyre reviewed on January 22, 2014
Given 69% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz 320CDi (225-45-17-)
Excellent value for money. I have had these on my mondeo for 15k, and have now put them on my grand C max and Mercedes E class. The only drawback is, the slightest nick on the pavement and the side wall balloons up. Ive had to change 3 tyres in the last 2 years for this reason. I reckon the wear might not be that great on my current cars, but will post an update in due course.
tyre reviewed on December 28, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E class 2005 (245-40-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 50 average miles
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on November 18, 2013
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Saab Automobile 9 3 Vector cabriolet 150 (235-45-17-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
Replaced my Goodyear F1 Asy (2) with these as I wasn't happy with the wear of the Goodyears (12K miles) although I was told by a reputable garage that Saabs are quite heavy on front tyres and 12K is about average. Can't tell about wear yet as they are too new but I have not noticed any difference in handling, braking or comfort over the Goodyears and the Barums cost a third less. If they continue to be this good, I will buy again. Will update again on how they have worn when I replace them.
tyre reviewed on October 18, 2013
Given 100% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo S40 1.6d (205-50-17-V)
Drove them 10.000 km so far, absolutely brilliant, can't tell the difference from more expensive premium tires. Also hit a few larger potholes, the rims got dents but the tire is intact. Will definitely buy again.
tyre reviewed on October 18, 2013
Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat croma (225-45-18-W)
Braking sucks with these, they lose grip very easy during braking. I own a set of 225/45 ZR18 on a 1500 kg car. When I bought them last year, I was reading all the reviews here and I got convinced to buy them, but I regret the choice. No Barum for me in the future, they are bad !
tyre reviewed on September 26, 2013
Given 73% (breakdown) while driving a Honda CIVIC CDTI (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 23 easy going miles
tyres been on for 23,000 miles,i have now 4mm of tread all round, i have rotated front to rear and back again,the first thing i did notice was the tyres did not roll like my michelins and i say i lost 5 mpg, wet weather grip is quite good, but for £68 at the the time good value,but if i get another
5,000 out of them ? i could of used £350 more fuel over the 28,000 miles,
i travel 5,000 miles a yr on french auto routes and the rest in the uk trying to avoid pot holes and not loose a tyre before they wears out,im looking at the Hankook Ventus Prime 2 next time if i can get them for the right price

tyre reviewed on September 23, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with Asda Tyres to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!