Barum Bravuris 2

Show all: Barum tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Barum Bravuris 2 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 116 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 1,293,581 miles driven.

This tyre replaced the Barum Bravuris

82%

82%

Tyre Test Results:

Barum Bravuris 2 Reviews

Given 43% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Primera (205-55-16-W)
Absolute rubbish in the wet and mediocre in the dry. Traction is broken at the first hint of moisture on acceleration from a start, especially if on a hill. By far the worst gripping tyres in the wet/moist/cold I have ever used in 25 years of driving.
ABS has cut in on several occassions in the wet at low speed much to my surprise.
If my car was a 250bhp turbo charged torque monster and drove like a track day star I would give them some slack, but I drive a 115bhp petrol Nissan mostly round town!
Cant wait for them to wear down so I can justify swaping them for some decent rubber.
tyre reviewed on July 10, 2015
Given 71% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 525i (255-40-17-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 0 average miles
Fitted this tire less than 2 months ago and done around 1000 miles.So far found this tire quet and with excellent grip both dry and wet. Sounds good, however had high speed sidewall blowout while doing 80mph on motorway in straight line. Not fun have to say. Totally unexpected and for this reason i am not buying it again
tyre reviewed on June 27, 2015
Looking to buy the Barum Bravuris 2? Click here to search for the best price for the Barum Bravuris 2 or any other tyre.

Given 53% (breakdown) while driving a Mitsubishi (195-60-15-)
good tires only on dry surfaces. tread very quickly wear off especially the sides, the drama begins when it starts raining, it's hard to move without breaking the grip, for a few minutes before rain washed mud from the road, the grip and tractione drops dramatically on wet! but they are relatively predictable. Snow - the complete mistake on the snow! ABS pumps and the car goes where he wants, but it is a very good tire compared to the worst budget tire I've ever had - MOHAWK !!!
"MOHAWK- if you hate your mother in law, or wish someone's death only mohawk !!"
tyre reviewed on May 31, 2015
Given 57% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota Avensis verso (205-60-16-V)
I have run these on a Toyota Avensis Verso however fronts would only give 10000 rears 30000 and are a good all round medium rated tyre would buy again
tyre reviewed on February 7, 2015
Given 83% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz CLK203 Kompressor (255-35-18-W)
Driving on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
These Bravuris 2 rear tyres replaced the death trap 'Sunny' ones that came on the car when i bought it 3 years old. They are superb, I noticed the difference as soonas they were on....in that the car went straight rather than sideways. They grip very well and I have although not often cornered at 25mph without the slightest loss of grip and with normal sensible driving they have done 6000 miles and look brand new.
tyre reviewed on February 3, 2015
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Ford (225-50-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 22 easy going miles
Put a set on my 2010 Ford Fusion. After 22,000 miles, the front are completely worn out. No I have not rotated them like I should have. Back still have about half the tread left. Front tires lose traction now when roads are wet. Time to get new tires but probably won't get these again due to the fast tread wear. These tires were good for about 20,000 miles, but that is all. I'm not an aggressive driver, I'm a grandpa and drive like a grandpa. About 50/50 highway and city miles.
tyre reviewed on December 9, 2014
Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (225-45-17-)
Excellent value tyres. The Continental R&D shines through, at a fraction of the cost. Great grip and feedback in dry and wet conditions. So much better than the ?Hankook Ventus supplied with the car. I had 2 tyres for £110. Couldn't be more pleased with them. Decided to try Vredesteins this time as quite a bit cheaper than Barum's. Just because some people haven't heard of Barum, do not be a badge snob and overlook them!
tyre reviewed on September 15, 2014
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Toyota MK2 MR2 NA (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 5 easy going miles
I dont drive my car hard but I would have thought two tyres would have lasted longer than 1500 miles just been informed I need another set or rear tyres completely surprised by this as I dont do that many miles.
tyre reviewed on September 13, 2014
Given 89% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz A (205-45-16-V)
I bought these after much research and found them excellent. Think they are part of one of the higher end tyre companies. Continental maybe? I had all four tyres changed and 30k+ miles, I'm just changing the two front tyres. I'm gutted because it was a desperate change and did not have the time to find a place to get more of the Bravuris 2's. These were used on a Mercedes A Class and gave fantastic grip and handling for a car that is shaped like a brick. Noise levels were not too bad and my two rear tyres are still showing most of their tread so won't be replacing any time soon. I went for the XL version due to loading the car up for trips away and doing long milage at times. Bought my tyres from Tyretraders.com and were fitted through National tyres for £30 a tyre cheaper than what National were selling them for themselves.
tyre reviewed on September 5, 2014
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus ST (235-40-18-W)
Great value for money. While they lasted, they were very good on both dry and wet roads. They are sturdy and can handle bumps well without compromising too much comfort. The only real annoyance is the wear. I went through a brand new set of these tyres in a bit less than 2 seasons (I bought them in April 2013 and by September 2014, two of the tyres were completely worn with no pattern left at all, and 2 had a pattern of about 4.5mm). Not completely sure wether the extreme wear on 2 of the tyres is more related to my ride than the tyres themselves, but I still expected them to at least make it through 2 full seasons (I live in Estonia, so December-March I use winter tyres).
tyre reviewed on September 4, 2014

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with cartyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Search by Tyre Size: