Event GL695

Event GL695 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 27% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk3 Estate 1.9D (185/60 R14 H) on mostly town for 5,000 easy going miles
These tyres came fitted to a second hand car, so I didn't choose them.
Wet grip is terrible. Dry grip is almost as bad. Wear rate is genuinely shockingly bad. Comfort is poor, noise level is just as bad.
I use my car for carrying/transporting my beekeeping equipment so I don't drive like Vin Diesel, and still these tyres are inadequate.
Don't buy them, shop around and find better tyres for a similar (or better!) price, like I did.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2019
Given 33% while driving a SEAT (185/60 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I has these tyres fitted on my Seat Ibiza 1.2 12V as was quite short on cash at the time (They are budget tyres)

THESE ARE THE WORST TYRES I HAVE EVER FITTED TO MY CAR

Dry grip is OK but wet grip is truly dangerous. I have since replaced the front pair with Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance and the difference in wet/dry conditions and road noise is unbelievably better.

The rear's are still the GL695's because they still have a lot of tread left on them but I cannot stress enough how bad they are in the wet. I was driving sensibly around an island and the rear end just totally let go whilst the front was holding fine.

Also, the wear rate on the front was very poor as only covered 7000 miles before they needed to be replaced (I drive carefully, not like a hooligan)

In my opinion I would not recommend anyone to buy these tyres because they WILL eventually cause an accident and should be banned from sale.

Stick to Well known brands like Goodyear, Continental etc.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 26, 2015
Given 37% while driving a SEAT ibiza 1.4 (185/55 R14 H) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
As many have already said in reviews these tyres are dangerous in the wet. Even at a sensible pace for wet conditions these tyres make the car under steer severely on wet roundabouts. They are OK in the dry but noisy. These came on a second hand car and although they still have 5mm of tread I will be replacing them shortly with Hankook optimo 4s tyres which I have used on 2 other cars and found to be excellent in all conditions the UK throws at me.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 19, 2014
Given 16% while driving a Renault Clio III dci 106 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
Must be the worst set of tyres ever purchased, road noise & handling is now bad, fuel comsumption also increased. Not told by garage it was a budget tyre
0 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2013
Given 63% while driving a SEAT Toledo (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
If you plod around and like a steady, easy drive then these are no problem.
I, however, like to "drive" a car. Wet grip is the biggest problem with loads of understeer on wet roundabouts without pushing too hard. At least you know when they let go, but sometimes, you cant do much about it.
They're not for me.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2013
Given 70% while driving a SEAT LEON 1.6 105 bhp (195/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
These came with my Seat Leon when I got the car a few months ago, at the time they were probably already 40% worn. When changing them a couple of days ago (upgraded the alloys so needed 225 profile tyres)they were about on the legal limit.

First impressions on this budget tyre was that they definitely better than the old Chengshan budget tyres that I had on my old car (Ford Focus) which were by far the worst tyres I have ever had on a car! Back to these GL695's, dry grip during mixed A/B roads & motorways was very good and felt that the car stuck to the road very well. These tyres however are a bit noisy at times, especially when traveling along between 30-50mph.

Wet grip - in my opinion pretty average and to be expected for this budget tyre, it still stuck to the road well and braking was safe too, but sometimes in heavy rain the car would skid when setting off at lights and going round roundabouts when the roads were wet was particularly noticeable too as you could feel the tyres struggling slightly from the feel of the steering wheel, but from experience the tyres never gave in or skidded out of the control.

Overall, these really are not bad budget tyres at all and if I had to purchase budget tyres again (which won't be in the future as now I'm running on 225 profile tyres, I stick to premium) I will look out for these.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2012
Given 61% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 1.9 Tdi (195/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
A cheap tyre but one that I found had little grip when the weather was cold, damp or wet. However at least I could tell when it was going to break away.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 23, 2012
Given 34% while driving a Daewoo Lanos (185/60 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 10 average miles
I bought these tyres as they were recommended by City Tyres in Norwich as good low cost tyre. They have not worn well (down to 3mm in 10,000 miles) and the road noise is appalling on anything but really smooth tarmac. So much so that I swapped them to the rear of the car. The noise did drop but not enough for me to ever consider buying this brand again. Not a patch on the Khumo Powermax that were fitted as standard,Which I would recommend.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 15, 2011
Given 71% while driving a Fiat Punto 1.2 8v (185/60 R14 H) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
These tyres came with a set of used alloy wheels. They are ok in the dry, but do break away on damp roundabouts etc. They have a very open tread pattern, and are noisy on anything but new tarmac. So GL695's are ok for cheap tyres and wear seems above average for their type.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 11, 2011