Event GL695

The Event GL695 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 48% over 20,010 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Event GL695
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Event GL695
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Event GL695. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Latest Event GL695 Reviews

Have you driven on the Event GL695 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the GL695.

Given 33% while driving a SEAT (185/60 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I has these tyres fitted on my Seat Ibiza 1.2 12V as was quite short on cash at the time (They are budget tyres)

THESE ARE THE WORST TYRES I HAVE EVER FITTED TO MY CAR

Dry grip is OK but wet grip is truly dangerous. I have since replaced the front pair with Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance and the difference in wet/dry conditions and road noise is unbelievably better.

The rear's are still the GL695's because they still have a lot of tread left on them but I cannot stress enough how bad they are in the wet. I was driving sensibly around an island and the rear end just totally let go whilst the front was holding fine.

Also, the wear rate on the front was very poor as only covered 7000 miles before they needed to be replaced (I drive carefully, not like a hooligan)

In my opinion I would not recommend anyone to buy these tyres because they WILL eventually cause an accident and should be banned from sale.

Stick to Well known brands like Goodyear, Continental etc.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 26, 2015
Given 37% while driving a SEAT ibiza 1.4 (185/55 R14 H) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
As many have already said in reviews these tyres are dangerous in the wet. Even at a sensible pace for wet conditions these tyres make the car under steer severely on wet roundabouts. They are OK in the dry but noisy. These came on a second hand car and although they still have 5mm of tread I will be replacing them shortly with Hankook optimo 4s tyres which I have used on 2 other cars and found to be excellent in all conditions the UK throws at me.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 19, 2014
Given 16% while driving a Renault Clio III dci 106 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
Must be the worst set of tyres ever purchased, road noise & handling is now bad, fuel comsumption also increased. Not told by garage it was a budget tyre
0 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2013
Given 63% while driving a SEAT Toledo (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
If you plod around and like a steady, easy drive then these are no problem.
I, however, like to "drive" a car. Wet grip is the biggest problem with loads of understeer on wet roundabouts without pushing too hard. At least you know when they let go, but sometimes, you cant do much about it.
They're not for me.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 20, 2013
Given 70% while driving a SEAT LEON 1.6 105 bhp (195/65 R15) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
These came with my Seat Leon when I got the car a few months ago, at the time they were probably already 40% worn. When changing them a couple of days ago (upgraded the alloys so needed 225 profile tyres)they were about on the legal limit.

First impressions on this budget tyre was that they definitely better than the old Chengshan budget tyres that I had on my old car (Ford Focus) which were by far the worst tyres I have ever had on a car! Back to these GL695's, dry grip during mixed A/B roads & motorways was very good and felt that the car stuck to the road very well. These tyres however are a bit noisy at times, especially when traveling along between 30-50mph.

Wet grip - in my opinion pretty average and to be expected for this budget tyre, it still stuck to the road well and braking was safe too, but sometimes in heavy rain the car would skid when setting off at lights and going round roundabouts when the roads were wet was particularly noticeable too as you could feel the tyres struggling slightly from the feel of the steering wheel, but from experience the tyres never gave in or skidded out of the control.

Overall, these really are not bad budget tyres at all and if I had to purchase budget tyres again (which won't be in the future as now I'm running on 225 profile tyres, I stick to premium) I will look out for these.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 27, 2012