Event GL695

The Event GL695 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 46% over 25,010 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Event GL695
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Event GL695
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Event GL695. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Latest Event GL695 Reviews

Have you driven on the Event GL695 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the GL695.

Given 27% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk3 Estate 1.9D (185/60 R14 H) on mostly town for 5,000 easy going miles
These tyres came fitted to a second hand car, so I didn't choose them.
Wet grip is terrible. Dry grip is almost as bad. Wear rate is genuinely shockingly bad. Comfort is poor, noise level is just as bad.
I use my car for carrying/transporting my beekeeping equipment so I don't drive like Vin Diesel, and still these tyres are inadequate.
Don't buy them, shop around and find better tyres for a similar (or better!) price, like I did.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2019
Given 33% while driving a SEAT (185/60 R14 H) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I has these tyres fitted on my Seat Ibiza 1.2 12V as was quite short on cash at the time (They are budget tyres)

THESE ARE THE WORST TYRES I HAVE EVER FITTED TO MY CAR

Dry grip is OK but wet grip is truly dangerous. I have since replaced the front pair with Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance and the difference in wet/dry conditions and road noise is unbelievably better.

The rear's are still the GL695's because they still have a lot of tread left on them but I cannot stress enough how bad they are in the wet. I was driving sensibly around an island and the rear end just totally let go whilst the front was holding fine.

Also, the wear rate on the front was very poor as only covered 7000 miles before they needed to be replaced (I drive carefully, not like a hooligan)

In my opinion I would not recommend anyone to buy these tyres because they WILL eventually cause an accident and should be banned from sale.

Stick to Well known brands like Goodyear, Continental etc.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 26, 2015
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 37% while driving a SEAT ibiza 1.4 (185/55 R14 H) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
As many have already said in reviews these tyres are dangerous in the wet. Even at a sensible pace for wet conditions these tyres make the car under steer severely on wet roundabouts. They are OK in the dry but noisy. These came on a second hand car and although they still have 5mm of tread I will be replacing them shortly with Hankook optimo 4s tyres which I have used on 2 other cars and found to be excellent in all conditions the UK throws at me.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 19, 2014
Given 16% while driving a Renault Clio III dci 106 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
Must be the worst set of tyres ever purchased, road noise & handling is now bad, fuel comsumption also increased. Not told by garage it was a budget tyre
0 - tyre reviewed on December 23, 2013
Given 63% while driving a SEAT Toledo (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 5,000 spirited miles
If you plod around and like a steady, easy drive then these are no problem.
I, however, like to "drive" a car. Wet grip is the biggest problem with loads of understeer on wet roundabouts without pushing too hard. At least you know when they let go, but sometimes, you cant do much about it.
They're not for me.