Infinity INF 040

Infinity INF 040 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 26% while driving a Renault Megane (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,000 easy going miles
I had these tyres fitted to my car when I bought it.
They perform okay in the dry but you take your life in your hands in the wet.
The wet grip on corners is almost non existent and they will easily slide when braking, gently, to a stop.
I would never recommend these INF040 tyres to anyone. The best thing I did, was getting them replaced with Dunlop tyres, even though the infitity’s were like new.
DO NOT BUY.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 19, 2019
Given 31% while driving a Rover 25 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 14 spirited miles
These tyres were fitted to the car when we bought it, my wife complained for the 12,000 miles that she used the car that the wet grip was horrible, but she never got round to changing them.
I have since taken ownership of the car, these tyres offer an acceptable level of grip in hot, dry weather, but next to nothing in the wet. They are very loud. I shall be replacing these tyres tomorrow, they have plenty of tread left but I might as well be driving a hovercraft with the grip level they offer. Definitely a tyre to avoid!
1 - tyre reviewed on August 16, 2018
Given 18% while driving a Honda Jazz (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 1,000 average miles
Terrible. Do not buy these tyres. I inherited a car with almost new version of these tyres and lost the rear end at very moderate speeds on a wet roundabout. I replaced them within a couple of days. It's not worth saving £10 a tyre when you can get a Unioryal Rainsport for a little more. The difference since changing is astonishing.
2 - tyre reviewed on November 12, 2015
Given 29% while driving a Hyundai i30 CW CRD (195/65 R15 H) on mostly town for 2,500 average miles
When we bought the Hyundai i30 diesel it had these Infinity INF040 front tyres. Looked almost new so I was happy with that. I had to do 200miles back home and noticed the tyres much louder than Pirelli P6000 which we had on our previous can. But the wort bit about these budget INF040 is how NO GRIP you have in wet. I mean moving off in 1st and then changing into 2nd gear on slight incline would make the traction control to go crazy!!! Our 1.6 diesel has got a bit of torque but the tyres should easily cope with that. In addition, going around the roundabout it would understeer badly. I am due to put new set of 4 Michelin Crossclimate tyres. Reading the reviews these should be the best all seasons tyres.
DO NOT BY Infinity INF 040 and if you have them on your car - CHANGE immediately!
0 - tyre reviewed on October 28, 2015
Given 31% while driving a Kia Motors (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Car came with Infinity 040 tyres, dry grip is adequate, wet grip is awful. There's very little road feedback from these tyres, and makes the steering vague and numb, difficult to feel which direction the wheels are heading.
The tyre is very noisy, sounds as if your driving in the flintstones car...thing.
Wear is bad, I reckon it'll be worn out at around 8000 - 9000 miles.
Comfort? Doesn't exist, can feel every road imperfection. Motorway legal speeds are also dangerous, it's quite unstable, when driving over a minor lip, can feel the car lifting off a bit, at 50mph, i.e, doesn't stick to the road.
I had Marangoni Verso before, they were considered bad, but this is worse.
Overall, I would avoid this tyre, and would suggest any car owners with this tyre, to change to a better tyre when funds allow.
0 - tyre reviewed on June 7, 2015
Given 74% while driving a Volvo V70R (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,500 spirited miles
for the money i would say you will not get better, these are fitted to my Volvo V70 TUNED 352BHP 420LBS TORQUE, there nice and soft pump them up hard and get them hot they really stick but drive careful in the wet you wont get them hot enough, there made for japan hotter weather there on average,
1 - tyre reviewed on October 6, 2014
Given 68% while driving a BMW 316 (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 100 spirited miles
I had these tyres fitted this weekend, but my new Infinity tyres feel better than my old Uniroyals.
7 - tyre reviewed on September 7, 2014
Given 36% while driving a Volkswagen Touran tdi (205/55 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Recently bought a VW Touran and it has a set of these tyres on the front. In 2 words 'very loud' road noise and the comfort is terrible. Had me wondering if my suspension is worn (10,000 miles ermm no!), every bump and divot no matter how small is transmitted to your hands and behind. Can't comment on wear, progressiveness. I can say I misjudge my braking distance in the wet, have driven for 26years and never known handling like it. Ok in the dry i suppose except for the noise. I drive an MPV and don't expect performance necessarily, but do value safety. False economy...avoid.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 13, 2014
Given 84% while driving a MINI Cooper (175/60 R15 H) on mostly country roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Had all 4 replaced on my Mini Cooper just as good as the dun.ops it had. Before
Makes the car. Feel better. Around. Corners and. As for time noise. I don't. Thing there's much diff at all
0 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2013