Runway ENDURO 656

Runway ENDURO 656 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 10% while driving a (195/65 R14 H) on for 0 miles
Pneus pas très usés mais déformés après 29 800 km montés à l'arrière sur un espace 2.
Bon à changer.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 28, 2019
Given 51% while driving a Rover Streetwise S 1.4 (205/50 R16) on mostly town for 14,000 easy going miles
Replaced two front tires, lasted 3 years and 14000 miles. Have had no trouble with them, but I am now old and calmer now that i am retired. The original Goodyear tires lasted over 25000 miles.
3 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2017
Given 14% while driving a Audi A6 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 6,000 easy going miles
RUNWAY PERFORMANCE 926 not even if free
18 - tyre reviewed on June 26, 2016
Given 59% while driving a Volvo V70D5 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 4,000 spirited miles
My supplier fitted this complete pile of crap - He says they have stopped making the Enduro 916 which is a fantastic tyre in all conditions. This is terrible - fitted October replaced December.no chance of buying again. DO NOT BUY
22 - tyre reviewed on March 6, 2015
Given 54% while driving a MG MGTF (205/45 R16) on mostly country roads for 800 spirited miles
Don't even think about Runways on a performance car.

I had a pair on a couple of replacement rear wheels I bought for the MG TF. The tyres were almost new and still had the molding flash on them.

In dry conditions felt OK, grippy in the dry but fairly progressive; the car would make gradual transition into a drift as the back wheels lost grip. Nothing scary and easy to control and the limit was pretty high. Pretty much ideal performance for a mid engined car.

In the wet they seemed to have no grip whatsoever leading to oversteer anywhere. Not good, wet days involved a lot of tip-toeing around.

After a about a month they started cracking around the treadblocks and breaking up. They looked like they were falling apart and in a pretty dangerous condtion. I put the car in my garage removed the wheels and took them to the fitters in my other car, I wasn't going to drive on them again...

The tyre fitters who put the replacements on wondered if they'd overheated. I'm not so sure as there were no signs of blistering and the edges were well defined, the rubber on hot tyres tends to walk around a bit and this didn't appear to have happened. I don't think you can generate that much heat on the roads.

Transferred my old Toyo Proxes from my old (buckled) wheels on to the new rims and the car was back to it's grippy, predictable self.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 1, 2012
Given 32% while driving a Volkswagen Golf Mk3 VR6 (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 900 average miles
Called into the local tyre fitters -was going to have Goodyear Eagle replacments but they didnt have them when I called but had these Runway Enduro,s - I never heard of them but they assured me they were good medium grade tyres- reasonably prices so I had a pair put on.
My first two trips out were long distance motorway ones on cold wet days -The car didnt feel comfortable and seemed slippery -then on B road roundabouts felt very slippery and uncertain - At first I put this down to the poor weather conditions- my second trip in similar conditions proved much the same- I drove more carefully than normal thinking it was the road conditions although I had never experianced such situations before (even though the previous set of Goodyears were wearing down)-- then the penny dropped that it must be the tyres- after some internet research this situation seems common to these tyres- In the dry they seem fair, but I,ve never pushed anywhere near limits-In all I,ve lost confidence in these tyres , though I,ve done about 900 miles-I,m getting rid of them in the next few days !!!!
2 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2012
Given 76% while driving a Peugeot 406 (195/65 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 45,000 average miles
Just a post script to my previous review the Runway tyres in question were Runway 656 and the size 195/65 x 15 H and not as stated on the heading.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 14, 2012
Given 34% while driving a Dodge ram 1500 (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 130,000 easy going miles
I just got into two accidents with runway enduro tires, they do not stop in the rain ,at all, I filled a complaint with NHTSA as I would encourage others with this tire problem to do also. I have been driving over 35 years without an accident and I had 2 today. These tires are made by Giti company from china. I feel they have substituted other ingredents to save money instead of using rubber. Any feed back would be appreciated, I will pass this infomation on to the NHTSA. Thanks Bruce, purplesmoke22@yahoo.com
0 - tyre reviewed on December 6, 2011
Given 32% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 1.9Tdi (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
I've been driving my Passat TDI on those for past 2 months (came with the car). I didn't like it. Handling this VW was so bad that I wanted to sell it. Obviously I blamed the car.. didn't know better. Today I bought brand new set of Michelin Alpin A4 to get me through the winter.. and now I know what set of good tyres do to the car's performance. I will never again save money on tyres. I'm sure there are some good, cheap tyres out there, but it's not Runway Enduro 656. Stay away from it.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 29, 2011
Given 19% while driving a Suzuki grand vitara (235/60 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 0 easy going miles
Just a few words as other reviews have said most of it , Don't buy these tyres, they will cause an accident at some point . they do not grip in the wet in anyway and noise and feel is rubbish , I had a new set on when I bought my second hand car atrocious things .
0 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2011