Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun

Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun Reviews (newest first) - Page 2

Given 86% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 TDI (195/55 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Bought these after Firestone Roadhawk, and my Good, what a positive transformation. Dry and wet grip are very good, they feel a little bit stiffer but as you warming them more and more (in dry) they become softer and performing better and better. Unlike Firestones, handling and cornering is much better, I'm amazed with how much confidence I can enter corner with my little VW ''dragon''. :) I'm amazed how much grip these tyres are providing. Road feedback is very good and they are not so noisy. Only little negative thing is that over a bumpy road, ride can get a little bit uncomfortable. Overall, great tyres for the price, I highly recommend them and would buy them again.
3 - tyre reviewed on January 21, 2019
Given 80% while driving a Peugeot 206 GTI 180 (205/40 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 32,000 spirited miles
The Falken ZIEX ZE914 EcoRun I've been putting it on since the end of 2016 and so far I've been doing 30000 km. It's a very good tire in general and I strongly suggest it in this type of carbody. If someone drives more eco-friendly they could get at least 12,000 km at a time. Take great care when approaching a pavement because it is very soft and vulnerable to this point.I would put it again but I'm going to check out the new Falken ZIEX ZE310 EcoRun.
5 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2018
Given 100% while driving a Opel zafira 1.8 140 mont. 2008 (205/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 0 average miles
I live in Greece in Athens and I mainly circulate in the city, but sometimes provincial and national roads. My style of driving is not very conservative. I drive fast, safely, but since I have put these tires, the limits of the car have gone up too much and my own. I have an Opel Zafira B 1.8 model 2008, These are the tires Falken Ziex 914 Ecorun (205/55/16 91V). I have driven with michelin, goodyear, contis, hankook, pirelli, bridgestone, and many other branded tires on this
 and other cars. The Falken 914, by far the best in all places. I have never felt safer, on all routes and in all weather (except extreme frost and excessive snow.) In snow (10 cm, not frozen) but inside the city, I have gone without chains for a very short distance and with caution and went well). I bought them after searching in reviews in July 2016 to replace Hankook 4 season. They cost 240 € (quadruple) mounted. From the first moment I was excited about the behavior of the car. It had absolutely nothing to do with what I knew. Absolutely confident in both dry and wet. I drive mainly in the city and the periphery I live, quickly and rarely provincial roads. I spent about 34,000 km with them and they still have so much. The comfort is very good. Noise too small. There have been moments in both dry and wet that I had to brag directly and intensely to avoid an accident and really saved me with my family. I can not even imagine what the result would be with other elasticated and anonymous tires. This summer I changed them. I put them back to adjust the wear. They have to give at least 20-25 thousand kilometers before being replaced, again with Falken. I for safety of myself and my family, I only choose the best. I sincerely recommend you without any reservation. Try them and be excited.
9 - tyre reviewed on November 5, 2018
Given 81% while driving a Smart ForFour 1.5 passion (195/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 25,000 spirited miles
These are really high quality tyres, with all around performance. They are excellent in the dry, providing good feedback and response, I drive my car hard so this is appreciated. The sidewall is pretty solid, until you reach the limits of grip, but its still very controllable when it starts to give. There was no significant drop off in dry performance which is something I was quite impressed with. The tyres should probably have lasted another 5000km, but I had an issue with camber on my one wheel, so the inside wore out. Tyre life is acceptable, expect to get 35-50000km out of these tyres on South African roads. Wet performance is on par with my previous Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's, so quite safe, but not exceptional, it did of course get worse as the tread wore down which is normal. I think these are probably the best bang for buck tyre in this size, especially considering most comparable tyres are focused more towards softness and comfort (they're still comfortable, just with way more performance), instead of driver enjoyment. I was so happy with these tyres, I replaced it with another pair!
4 - tyre reviewed on November 5, 2018
Given 44% while driving a Ford Mondeo TDCI (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 18,000 average miles
Was forced to install Falkens when had a puncture, initially tyres had good feed back, better than Chinese cheaps on wet, the surprise came at a later stage after 15000 miles, when the tread was at 5-4mm , the wet performance just dropped off the cliff, caught me by surprise as I almost lost it on my usual work commute on a roundabout at a normal speed. Huge understeer, the performance Conte he'd to become worse as the tyre wore. Not going to buy again as the price they ask for it, doesn't match the performce, there are better alternatives at this price range.
5 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2018
Given 57% while driving a Fiat Bravo (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 18,000 spirited miles
Everything was OK at first but after 18 months / 30.000 km, the tires lost their softness and circularity. They got hard like a stone and made vibration since they are not circular anymore. Shame !!!
2 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2018
Given 76% while driving a Audi A3 Sedan (8V) 1.4 TFSI (235/40 R18 W) on mostly town for 35 average miles
Positives: Handling, high comfort against pot holes, low rolling resistance, price
Negatives: High noise level even in slow speeds, bumpy on high speeds
I do not recommend unless you have tight budget
A3 Sedan (8V) 1.0 TFSI
3 - tyre reviewed on August 4, 2018
Given 77% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0 MIVEC (MAN) (205/60 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
The big problem is the original dunlop 2050 nosiy harsh but give stability and nice grip when replaced with falken , first of all falken price is really affordable , car is mush smoother and quite , wet grip is acceptable but not perfect its not sporty it goes for quiet ride and comfort on corners not that mush confident comparing with dunlop but over all nice tyre , braking is okay even the traction is B , not sure it will last or no but its nice value for money
7 - tyre reviewed on June 5, 2018
Given 57% while driving a Suzuki swift sport (195/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 11,000 spirited miles
I can't be too hard on these tyres as they were fitted to a Suzuki Swift Sport Mk1 and kept me on the road, with no skids or excessive wheel spin. And their wet grip is fine too.
However, once I succeeded them with Goodyear Eagle F1 DS G3 (same 195/45/R17 size), they were like chalk and cheese.
The Falkens, in comparison, are brutally hard with no real 'feel' at the steering wheel, just essentially lumps of rock hard mass. Whilst the car itself does have very firm, sport suspension, the Falkens exasperated this, and to the extreme.
As stated, once I eventually fitted Goodyear Eagle GS D3s to replace them, the difference in ride quality and steering feel, and just an overall better car feel, made the Falkens seem awful in comparison.
So, in summary, a 'safe' tyre in terms of wet grip and no scary moments (thankfully), I would not buy again due to the ride quality and being devoid of feel at the steering wheel.
9 - tyre reviewed on March 13, 2018