Federal Formoza FD2

The Federal Formoza FD2 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 67% over 74,531 miles driven.

2014 ADAC 195/65 R15 Summer Tyre Test - 17th of 17 tyres

• Positive - Relatively low fuel consumption
  • Negative - Very weak on both wet and dry roads
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Federal Formoza FD2

Questions and Answers for the Federal Formoza FD2

2018-10-02 - Where are federal Formosa tires manufactured

Factories can vary from tyre size to tyre size, but these are likely manufactured in China.

Top Federal Formoza FD2 Review

Given 94% while driving a Mitsubishi lancer (215/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 average miles
I replaced my Yokohama Advan, that the car came with for this tyre. I am very pleased so far, not only are they quieter. The overall handling of the car does not seem to be different, than when the Yokohama tyres were on the car. Also I have been keeping an eye on tyre wear, and they seam to wearing better than the previous tyres. I have not driven in the snow yet, so cannot comment on that. But wet weather grip is good.
31 - tyre reviewed on November 20, 2011

Latest Federal Formoza FD2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Federal Formoza FD2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Federal Formoza FD2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Federal Formoza FD2 >>

Toyota (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 50,000 spirited miles
Ma Corolla came with Yoko advan460 which was no doubt a very grippy tyre but the same was as noisy as like generator voiced tyre. Changing to goodyear dint change in terms of harsh drive. Changed to fd2 federal formoza which already using in brothers GLI Corolla and became very satisfied. Dry grip is superb. Wet grip is normal. Very low noise . Wear is superb as easily lasts 60k km. Only draw back is that not so much fuel efficient as having some weight more than michilin or Yoko. Overall good tyre worth buying.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2020
Given 70% while driving a Audi A4 2.0 TDI 140 SLine (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
My car is remapped to approx. 190 bhp, with a good supply of torque to boot. I put these tyres on the front and moved my Verdestein Ultrac Vorti’s to the back as I found I couldn’t get any grip in 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a straight line, although they were very confident in cornering, wet or dry.
Usually I would read up on my tyres and go for the better performance oriented tyres on the market- however I now use this car as my daily driver after buying an S2000 so my driving style in the Audi is now mostly relaxed (Although I like to rake a bit in new tyres to see what they’re like ). The Federals were an on the spot purchase at a tyre place near work, needed them to keep me legal and let me away. They were at a fair price for the size. I paid around £78 fitted, whereas I was used to paying around £115-£140 for tyres.
First impressions are they are definitely louder- I had to use the motorway to get to and from the tyre place and it was the first thing I noticed. They feel firm, without offering much feeback- that being said they drive straight and true, unlike Hankook K104/K105's I had in the past where tramlining was a major issue. On spirited cornering I find the tyres feel ‘squishy’ and the car just doesn’t feel like it wants to go the direction I am steering it. I put this down to a weak sidewall.
They It is quite hard to find the limits, as they are not progressive enough- it’s a case of corner hard, grip, then moderately amusing understeer, with no in-between feedback or indication that understeer is approaching. One thing I will say is that they grip quite well in a straight line, I would say on par with more expensive tyres I have had.
That said, although the tyres don’t feel as ‘grippy’ or confidence inspiring to what I’m used to, they do actually perform quite well for everyday use, they brake well, handle ok, comfortable to slightly firm feel. So if you are looking a tyre for an everyday driver at a reasonable price and you aren’t a maniac behind the wheel, these are the ticket. I have scored them for what range they fall into and tried not to compare to tyres that are £50 dearer. Considering the price I would definitely buy these again.
4 - tyre reviewed on April 17, 2015
Trying to pick the very best winter tyre? Watch this!
Given 26% while driving a Jaguar XJ6 (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Tyres looked really good but they will not grip when going around any corner, the traction control keeps coming on, when I put the front tyres on the rear the traction control problem disappeared! I do not know how they wear as I have only done a couple of thousand miles but they are useless on the rears.
8 - tyre reviewed on August 20, 2014
Given 79% while driving a Audi A6 (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Comparing with Continenetal SP3, FD2 feels very soft and comfort. Very low noise and steering is lighter. In curves not slippy but feel soft and bendable. I would not recommend to sporty driving but to town and highways feels comfoftable.
3 - tyre reviewed on October 9, 2013