Kumho Crugen HP91

The Kumho Crugen HP91 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

The Crugen HP91 replaces the KL17. The HP91 features an asymmetric tread pattern combined with four wide circumferential grooves. Its silica-enhanced compound results in improved wet weather handling and braking, and a rolling resistance Kumho states is comparable to that of most passenger car tyres. The products other major attributes include strong high speed stability, low wear rates, and better resistance to aquaplaning. The HP91 is manufactured in in V, W and Y speed ratings and is available in sizes to fit, for example, the Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque, BMW X5 and X3, and Volvo XC90 and XC60.

This tyre replaced the Kumho Ecsta X3 KL17 ASYMMETRIC

Tyre review data from 9 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 57,000 miles driven.

2018 All Road 265/60 R18 4x4 Tyre Test - 5th of 8 tyres

• Positive - High grip on sand and mud, balance in the wet, well priced.
  • Negative - Slow steering and understeer in the dry.
  • Overall - Satisfactory.

2017 Auto Bild Summer SUV Tyre Test - 8th of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good comfort and low noise, high traction on grass and dirt, low price
  • Negative - Average grip on wet and dry roads

2015 Off Road SUV 4x4 Tyre Test - 6th of 9 tyres

• Positive - High resistance to aquaplaning, low rolling resistance
  • Negative - Average handling and long braking distances on wet surfaces
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho Crugen HP91
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Kumho Crugen HP91. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Kumho Crugen HP91 Review

Given 100% while driving a Ford Kuga (235/50 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 12,000 average miles
Fitted these tyres to our Ford Kuga 09. I can't fault them at all. We have done over 10k miles on them and they don't appear to be wearing at all. The car has never slid or spun on them. We have been off the road with them although not serious off roading obviously. I did think they were noisy initially but it turned out to be a wheel bearing so no complaints from noise. I wanted to fit michelins as I have them on my works van but the cost difference was too great, I am glad I didn't now. Don't be put off by the name, a really good mid price tyre.
69 - tyre reviewed on February 12, 2017

Latest Kumho Crugen HP91 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Crugen HP91 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Crugen HP91.

Given 95% while driving a BMW X3 2.0d Sport (235/50 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 2,000 spirited miles
Love these tyres, they’re a bit of a softer compound however they grip much better than hard compound Eco tires.

These grip extremely well in the wet and dry, safety comes first for me and I’ve always been impressed with Kumho bang for buck.

In my opinion, the increase in price to go for Pirelli or Michelin is not worth it, I’ve had them and they’re only about 15% better for 2x the cost. Sometimes not even better at all.

Turn in with wet weather is very good, I was actually surprised when my wife attached a round about pretty fast, I was expecting understeer on the front end but they’re perfect. Very hard to make them spin in wet or dry weather, even with my Diesel which will spin Eco tides with ease.

Definitely buying again.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 13, 2019
Given 83% while driving a BMW X3 (235/45 R19 V) on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
I have bougth those tyres to replace my front tyres for my BMW X3 (3.0sd, twin turbo 286 HP, 6 speed automatic, 4wd) in June 2018.
GRIP: DRY: Average, Not good as KU39s, but they are safe enough.
WET: Average. Not good as KU39s, but safe enough.
BRAKING: DRY: Good,
WET: Good.
WEAR: Very good. Expected life is around 35000 miles. I have driven around 6000 kms in Ukrainian roads. They have extreme potholes and bumps, and my car has faced them frequently. My left front suspension has been broken but my tyres and rims did not! I have used them with 36 to 40 psi pressures for my front tyres (BMW recommends 36 psi for fully loaded car) taking into account 3 psi pressure loss per month and my monthly tire pressure check schedule. (Overpressure: Max Fuel economy, Acceptable grip, Recommended pressure: Normal Fuel economy, Max Grip, Low pressure: Low Fuel economy, unacceptable grip and wear)
FUEL ECONOMY: They are economic whenever you use them high pressures like I have told above.
BUY AGAIN: May be but, I priorly prefer Kumho KU39 or Hankook S1Evo if I can find the related measure. Because, their feedback and comfort better marginally.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 25, 2019
This is the ultimate tyre test! Watch now!
Given 87% while driving a Ford Kuga (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 500 average miles
Having used Kumho Ecsta model which this tyre replaced I don't expect these to last long, however it's generally a toss up between grip and longevity with tyres and grip is far more important to me. These perform brilliantly with excellent grip in both wet and dry conditions, feedback is excellent as is handling with only a little roll when cornering hard. Compared to the Michelin Primacy tyres these replaced they are extremely comfortable, giving a much smoother drive with less noise. I did less than 100 miles on the Michelin tyres so can't really compare the other qualities.

I have marked these down for wear based on previous experience but will update my rating in time if required.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2019
Given 74% while driving a Hyundai ix35 (225/55 R18 V) on mostly motorways for 12,000 average miles
I've been buying Kumho tyres for my cars for well over 10 years now. My most recent purchase of Crugen HP91s has made me reconsider buying them in the future. In terms of grip, handling, comfort and feedback there was nothing out of the ordinary. However these appeared to wear a lot quicker than any other Kumhos I've had before. They lasted just 15 months (12,000 miles) before my car failed the MOT on them. I've owned the same car for 3 years, and prior to the Crugen HP91s it had the tyres that were fitted by the previous owner, which lasted well over 2 years and 20,000 miles with me.
0 - tyre reviewed on February 25, 2019
Given 83% while driving a Subaru XV 2.0 D (225/55 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 9,000 spirited miles
tyres were supplied new with the car and from the first drive the tyres were great for handling dry and wet weather used for one bad winter and the tyres worked well in the snow and ice. a little bit of tyre roll on fast cornering. over all a pretty good tyre just disappointed at how quick the tyre wore out .
3 - tyre reviewed on October 26, 2018