Michelin Latitude Cross

Michelin Latitude Cross Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 44% while driving a Mitsubishi Pajero (265/70 R16) on mostly motorways for 250 easy going miles
After 400 Km (250 miles) and 2 weeks of use, I had the first puncture. It was caused by a 9mm diameter wood stick on the inside tread limit. These tires are weak and It will be hard to trust them.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 30, 2020
Given 97% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (235/55 R18 H) on mostly country roads for 15,000 average miles
I've been very pleased with these tyres which are quieter, more comfortable, better wearing and better looking than the Bridgestone Duellers which come as standard on the RAV4. Prior to the Michelin's, the car also had Pirelli Scorpian Verde and Avon ZX7's but the wear was rapid and they suffered from punctures. The Michelin's don't collect stones and debris so much and have never punctured. We use the car mainly round country roads which can be poorly maintained and slippery and occasionaly tow a horse trailer so reliablility on muddy fields is a must. Again, no problems there either. Not many tyre shops stock these off the shelf but it's well worth ordering ahead to guarantee getting these tyres. Great value for money.
2 - tyre reviewed on June 23, 2020
Given 81% while driving a Toyota RAV4 (235/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Very bad in mud
4 - tyre reviewed on March 24, 2020
Given 70% while driving a Mazda B series 2.5 td 108 hp 4x4 (205/80 R16 T) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
well we run these tires for a long time now they are almost 8 year old now they are still looking decent no cracking but are surely harder. the truck was kept most of the time in a closed underground garage not too humid not to dry atmosphere and I am for the first time pleased by a michelin tire for a long time pretty great at hard packed or loose ground good on paved roads last time I used the truck on snow the tires where brand new and back then they performed very good I never use it when snowing since this truck likes to rust even at the slightest of contacts with salt. anyway I highly recommend them for any suv or light truck the only big downside is their price at least in my size 205/80/16 really michelin? 105€per tire?
0 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2019
Given 47% while driving a Dacia Duster 4x4 (215/65 R16 R) on mostly country roads for 15 average miles
Fitted to a Duster DCI 110 4x4 2 years ago. Roads are poor in Eastern Crete and thought these tyres would suffer the potholes, rocks and going off road to my Olives (checked with the Michelin chat line). Tore a sidewall in 2 weeks, tyres scream when cornering on a hot tarmac road. Good tyre life but will change them early as the grip in mud/loose stone isn't any better than the originals that were purely a tarmac tyre. Was a great fan of the old X A/T when fitted on my Range Rover years ago but will now look elsewhere.
10 - tyre reviewed on August 10, 2019
Given 95% while driving a Land Rover Defender (235/85 R16) on mostly country roads for 50 average miles
After seven years on the factory fitted Grabbers I had all four replaced with these Michelins. The difference in drive, road noise, comfort and handling was staggering! I thought I was in a different car. Amazing the difference a tyre makes! No hesitation in recommending these tyres for a big 4x4 (Defender 110 in my case).
18 - tyre reviewed on April 9, 2019
Land Rover (215/65 R16) on mostly country roads for 48,300 miles
Purchased these Michelin Latitude Cross tyres for our Landrover Freelander 1 and I am very pleased with them, dry and wet handling is very good and wear is excellent, we clocked 87000 km (48300 miles) during six years on them, never heard of this kind of low wear before and we are driving already for more that 45 years.
We now purchased Dunlop Grandtrek AT3, we will see if these are as good as the Michelins, I doubt it and
may live to regret this choice, but were somewhat cheaper than the Michelins.
In any case would surely advise anyone to try the Michelin Latitude Cross on any SUV vehicle.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2019
Given 82% while driving a Toyota Landcruiser (265/65 R17) on for 10,000 miles
Been using these on my land cruiser for around 5 years now. They have great traction off road in all conditions and perform well on the road, the slight noise.being hardly noticeable above my noisy Diesel engine. But so do most SUV tyres so I’ll focus on what really mattered, how they shape up as an All Season tyre on snow and ice. I had my doubts as they don’t bear the official snowflake emblem, but they do have the M+S rating which I’m told also denotes All Season status. They haven’t let me down,I live out in the sticks and even in heavy snowfall they’ve pulled me up all the hills, and held their line with only minimum wander when pushed on bends. Critically they allow the cars other attributes (permanent 4wd, hi-lo ratio and diff lock) to come into play, unlike inadequate tyres which can reduce the best 4x4 to a Renault Clio in the snow. That said, I drive a Range Rover with full blooded winter tyres in the Alps and they are on another level, treacherous snow covered Alpine roads in below -12C can be attacked with virtually the same confidence as in the dry. But for the worst snow and ice conditions the UK can offer, these Michelin Latitude Cross tyres are just fine, I certainly don’t feel the need to swap them over twice a year, they do the necessary and more all year round.
3 - tyre reviewed on January 30, 2019
Given 98% while driving a Suzuki Jimny (205/70 R15 H) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
I put a full set of these on my Suzuki Jimny. On the black stuff quiet & smooth on a run can crash a bit at potholes but could also be the little truck. MPG has increase which is a bonus. Having run the pair on the back longer and have to say wear is minimal so am expecting good mileage all-round. Wet & grassy fields are no issue, the feed back is much better than the previous Barum winters and UHP generals, truck is really nice to drive with these boots on even for a Jimny.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 24, 2019