Nokian PowerProof

The Nokian PowerProof is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Nokian zLine

Tyre review data from 2 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 1,300 miles driven.

Reports

2019 Gute Fahrt Summer 18 Inch Tyre Test - 5th of 12 tyres

• Positive - Good handling and short braking distance on wet surfaces, high aquaplaning resistance, low rolling resistance, low noise
  • Negative - Average comfort.
  • Overall - Highly Recommended.

2019 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good performance on all types of surfaces, very good handling on gravel and wet asphalt.
  • Negative - Increased noise.
  • Overall - Exemplary.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Nokian PowerProof
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Nokian PowerProof. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Nokian PowerProof Review

Given 77% while driving a Renault Megane RS250 CUP (235/40 R18 W) on mostly country roads for 300 spirited miles
Fitted them to my Megane 3 rs with 322hp. It is my daily car so I wanted tyres in the UHP range like Michelin PS4. Since I am very positive about the Nokian winter tyres, I wanted to try the Powerproof's as they claim in to be UHP and a PS4 competitor. When I bought them no tests or reviews were placed on the internet.

First of all: this is not as good as the Michelin PS4 and PS4s which I had both the Megane. Not as precise and direct. Also, full throttle in second gear comes with quite some wheel spin. I did not have that with the PS4S's.

It does not give me that confidence as the Michelin's but maybe I have to "read" the tyres better and learn how to push them.

The pro's are more comfort and less noise.

Overall: very good tyre but I don't recommend these if you do a lot of spirited driving or track days. Great for all day though!
16 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2019

Latest Nokian PowerProof Reviews

Have you driven on the Nokian PowerProof tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the PowerProof.

Given 86% while driving a Mazda 3 2.0 DISI (205/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
This is the initial review of the new tyres I put on Mazda 3 (2010). I was trying to choose tyres that would be very safe (short braking distances, good aquaplanning resistance) and also provide reasonable feedback for spirited driving. The expected tread life or rolling resistance was not considered as the car is used as a second car in the family and covers only 6,000 - 7,000 kms per year. The Nokians have replaced Michelin Primacy 3.
For now I had the opportunity to drive only in the dry and I would summarize my findings:
Advantages:
- surprisingly good comfort (at least the same as Michelins), I was expecting harsher ride as the Nokians are supposed to be UHP and Michelins touring tyres and also Nokians are 93Y and Michelins were 89W.
- better handling and stability than Michelins
- noise level is similar but slightly less bothersome then Michelins (on the other hand Michelins were also more pleasant when new :-) )
- 8 mm tread depth (Michelins had 7 mm when new) and perfect tread depth indicator built in the tread
- nice and sophisticated tread features and cool look (very important for tyre geeks :-D )
- no tramlining (Michelins were more sensitive and the factory fitted Toyos R32 were very sensitive)

Disadvantages:
The Nokians have no rim protection in 205/50 ZR17 size! What the hell, Nokian?! I would rather pay few extra euros in change for unscratched alloys. It is dissappointing in comparison to "cheap" Matadors I have on the other car in 235/50 R18 size which have huge rim protector (largest I have ever seen :) ).

Overall it seems like the Nokian Powerproof is very good match for Mazda 3 ride capabilities.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 23, 2019

The pro's are more comfort and less noise.

16 - tyre reviewed on February 15, 2019
Looking for new tyres? Watch this video now!

See all 2 customer reviews of the Nokian PowerProof (newest first) >>