Pirelli SOTTOZERO

The Pirelli SOTTOZERO is a Ultra High Performance Winter tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 8 tyre reviews averaging 78% over 105,000 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Pirelli SOTTOZERO
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Pirelli SOTTOZERO
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Pirelli SOTTOZERO. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Top Pirelli SOTTOZERO Review

Given 87% while driving a Mazda 6 Series (215/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 13,000 average miles
excellent tires.,in most condition.Definitely try
28 - tyre reviewed on August 5, 2010

Latest Pirelli SOTTOZERO Reviews

Have you driven on the Pirelli SOTTOZERO tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Pirelli SOTTOZERO? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Pirelli SOTTOZERO >>

Given 54% while driving a Volkswagen Caravelle (225/55 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
Bought these tyres as used, with approx. 5-6mm of thread left. Massively disappointed by lack of grip on the snow and ice (despite being more of a premium brand), and excessive wear - that 5-6mm of thread lasted only for 6k miles... Not recommend and wouldn't buy again.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 23, 2020
Given 90% while driving a Subaru Impreza WRX STI (235/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 17,000 spirited miles
Best winter tyres I've driven. Progressive feel and feedback are particularly good. Dry grip is excellent upto the mid to high teens in temperature, but due to the progressive feel (similar with Pirelli summer tyres), the actual dry grip level is not quite as good as some competitors, but for my driving style I'm happy to trade ultimate grip levels for better feel. Wet grip is simply superb, with minimal loss in grip compared to dry roads. Grip in snow isn't great compared to smaller tyre sizes, but I've not found a tyre that grips as well as this with such a wide tyre. Together with AWD and driving in the alps I've never needed to fit chains, even for downhill, hence still a high score for snow. On ice, the extra width makes a big difference and loss of traction is very rare and stopping is never a problem. With typically 4 to 5 seasons from the Pirellis they match or better any other performance winter tyres I've used where I would generally only get 3 seasons. Even when getting older, the is no major loss in performance as the tyre wears. There is no question, my next winter tyres will be Sottozeros again!
0 - tyre reviewed on February 1, 2019
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
BMW (225/45 R18) on mostly country roads for 24,000 spirited miles
I had these on a 30I Z4 I used them in Summer and Winter. worked great through 23.000 Miles, I got stuck 2 In just under 1ft of fresh snow, uphill after 18k miles. Theres about 3 mil left on rear tyre thread. time to replace for upcoming heavy winter.
2 - tyre reviewed on December 5, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Lexus RX400 (235/55 R18) on a combination of roads for 18,000 average miles
I put these tyres on for a trip to the Alps for skiing. They are very noticeably quieter and comfortable than the road tyres I had before. Pirelli Scorpions and Bridgestones. They grip well in snow, very well in wet and surprisingly well in dry.
But the biggest surprise is the mileage. Had them on for two years, been to the Alps and back three times in winter. Went to Italy and south of France in summer when the weather was at 36 degrees C. Longest lasting tyre I have had and I have been driving Lexus RX for 12 years.
4 - tyre reviewed on July 15, 2018