Pirelli Scorpion ICE plus SNOW

The Pirelli Scorpion ICE plus SNOW is a Touring Winter tyre designed to be fitted to SUV and 4x4

Tyre review data from 12 tyre reviews averaging 81% over 292,000 miles driven.

2011 Auto Bild 4x4 Winter Tyre Test - 4th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Precise handling, great steering feel espeically in the wet, well balanced tyre.
  • Negative - Slightly poor aquaplaning results, average braking distances on snow.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Pirelli Scorpion ICE plus SNOW

Questions and Answers for the Pirelli Scorpion ICE plus SNOW

2018-12-16 - hi can i use these tyers all year round

No it is not recommended to use a dedicated winter tyre like the Scorpion ICE&Snow year round.

Top Pirelli Scorpion ICE plus SNOW Review

Given 65% while driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 LTD (235/60 R18 R) on mostly country roads for 5,000 average miles
I live in rural NE Scotland and have had my Pirelli Scorpion Snow and Ice Tyres fitted on my Jeep Cherokee 2.7 CRD Ltd Edition every year since 2011 in Novemeber as winter arrives and removed in April.
Winters have been quite mild the last few years so no great snow falls lying around for long periods of time, I would not say the tyres were really put to any test until Januuary 2nd 2015 when I was coming down quite a steep tarmaced road (in 4 WD) , no snow just ice which I did not really see until the vehicle took off on its own path and had I not hit a sign post which halted the Jeep before dropping into a small river ravine, I had no control whatsoever and was very lucky.
I now have no confidence in the Snow and Ice Pirellis doing what they were supposed to do ! Stop me from sliding on ice. There is plenty tread left on these tyres.
30 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2016

Latest Pirelli Scorpion ICE plus SNOW Reviews

Have you driven on the Pirelli Scorpion ICE plus SNOW tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Scorpion ICE plus SNOW.

Given 90% while driving a Land Rover Discovery 3 (255/55 R19) on a combination of roads for 53,000 average miles
I normally do not write reviews for products I have used, but this time I thought these tyres deserved one. I have just changed back to the set of summer tyres and realised that these winter ones have done an amazing 52.695 miles in total in 10 winters! And they seem to have enough tread depth to last for at least another season next year... They have been great on long motorway journeys, twisty & snowy & icy country roads, city commuting, and the occasional (not too technical) off-road excursion. Fantastic on both ice & snow (we live near Munich, where there tends to be a lot of both during the winter months) and are not noticeably affected by very low (-20C) temperatures. We have a couple of times rescued other cars which had slid into a ditch on icy roads. To be fair, our driving style is not aggressive at all - but then again, our car is a rather heavy one - so I do not know how these tyres will feel on a sporty car. If you want a set of tyres that will perform very well in winter weather and will last for a long, long time, I can fully recommend these.
0 - tyre reviewed on April 24, 2018
30 - tyre reviewed on May 24, 2016
Given 93% while driving a Toyota Land cruiser prado (265/65 R17) on a combination of roads for 12,000 easy going miles
Bought a set for my landcruiser 4 years ago to use from November to April.

These tyres are wonderful, my trips to the North of Sweden each year on unpaved uneven ice covered roads, has been made possible with very little drama by these tyres. On one road break I walked up the road to see how icy it really was, went flying onto my back. Crawled back to the car climbed aboard , and drove away as if the road had been sanded. The word ICE on tyre is not a marketing ploy.
Great tread life and as quiet as my Michelin summer tyres.
Will buy again without a second thought.

0 - tyre reviewed on November 4, 2014

See all 10 customer reviews of the Pirelli Scorpion ICE plus SNOW (newest first) >>