Sava Intensa UHP 2

The Sava Intensa UHP 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The stiff outer shoulder blocks of the new Sava Intensa UHP2 improve power transmission and ensure good braking performance on dry roads. At the same time, the improved tyre construction, in combination with the new strong bead for excellent steering response in the dry. The open tread pattern with large grooves and many block biting edges displaces the water quickly from the contact patch and ensures safe driving on wet roads. The Intensa UHP 2 also features a silica tread compound for improved wet grip.

This tyre replaced the Sava intensa uhp

Tyre review data from 28 tyre reviews averaging 82% over 319,900 miles driven.

2020 ACE Mid Range Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 9 tyres

• Positive - Good wet handling, high resistance to aquaplaning, low noise, good value
  • Negative - Long wet braking
  • Overall - Recommended

2020 ADAC 18 Inch Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Lowest fuel use, very good in the dry
  • Negative - Slightly weak in the wet

2020 Tyre Market Overview Braking Test - 28th of 49 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sava Intensa UHP 2

Questions and Answers for the Sava Intensa UHP 2

2019-02-05 - could you please give me the treadwear rating on the Sava Intensa UHP 2 215/55/17 R17 98W thank you

I'm sorry, we don't yet keep treadwear rating on file.

Top Sava Intensa UHP 2 Review

Given 90% while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (205/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
This tyre is very new, so I can't comment on the wear. From what I tried in this short time, UHP 2 is phenomenal!
Extremely good wet grip, comparable to my Continentals TS850P, which are known to be good in the wet. Dry grip was also very good and progressive at the limit, so you knew when the tyre is going to let go, and it was really easy to get it back in line.

Road noise was a bit more than I expected, as it was rated as 68db. It's still not loud by any means, just not as quiet as I thought it would be. Made in Germany on the same production line as GY F1 Asy3, even the thread pattern is almost identical.

Sidewalls are very soft (even in XL), so some people won't like those, but I like the comfort and the progression that comes with that.

I've driven many premium tyres over the years and this one is up there with the best. This car was previously fitted with Continental SportContact 5 in the summer and Goodyear Ultragrip 8 in the winter, and wet grip is better than both, at least for now. I'll post a mid-life review later on to see if anything changed. As of right now, I would recommend UHP2 to anyone. Low cost and good grip will probably come at the expense of the wear, but for the price, these are unbeatable!
245 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2017

Latest Sava Intensa UHP 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Sava Intensa UHP 2 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Sava Intensa UHP 2? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Sava Intensa UHP 2 >>

Given 73% while driving a Skoda Superb MK3 (2015 Present) (215/55 R17 W) on mostly town for 1,000 miles
I have a 2016 model skoda superb 1.6 tdi vehicle. I have been using Sava intensa uhp2 tire for about 1000 km. The vehicle's factory-fitted tire was Pirelli P7. I was complaining about the voiced (71db). Sava uhp2 tire looked 67db, but this year (slovenia) tires came out 71 db. Unfortunately, it looks like a Pirelli voice. Since the cheeks are also xl (extra load), there has been a decrease in comfort. Braking with dry and wet road holding is very good. If it were as quiet as before, I would say it is the perfect choice with its affordable price. Those looking for silence and comfort can look at other tires.
0 - tyre reviewed on May 16, 2020
Given 60% while driving a Mazda 6 Wagon (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
After 2 years and 30 000 km i have to replace them because of wear. Not so quiet as exepted. mazda 6 gh estate
0 - tyre reviewed on May 10, 2020
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 84% while driving a Volvo C70 2.0d (235/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 3,000 average miles
Iíve got pair of Sava UHP 2 on my front wheels - Volvo C70. I am impressed by this tyre. Very good grip in wet and dry. Soft compound. Much better than my previous Avon. I can recommend this brand to anyone. Sava is part of the Good Year family, UHP2 is the top end tyres made by this manufacturer. Tyres are made in Germany. Same quality as Good year I would say.
4 - tyre reviewed on April 8, 2020
Given 80% while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
I've had one pair for about 20k and another fitted 10k ago, it looks like the lifetime is going to be around 35k. I'm an economy driver, so they are a good fit for me, an important factor was the quietness, which they deliver. If you are after a sports feel, you may be disappointed, they don't behave that well in a curve. Given the budget price and lifetime, good value for getting from A to B.
12 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 12,500 spirited miles
Tyres are great was with me even on race track.
Very good quality to price index.
Would suggest it everyone who looks for something better with not bad price.
But it isn't best choice in terms of grip there are better tyres.
And also wear is in quite normal range
13 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2019