Sava Intensa UHP 2

The Sava Intensa UHP 2 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The stiff outer shoulder blocks of the new Sava Intensa UHP2 improve power transmission and ensure good braking performance on dry roads. At the same time, the improved tyre construction, in combination with the new strong bead for excellent steering response in the dry. The open tread pattern with large grooves and many block biting edges displaces the water quickly from the contact patch and ensures safe driving on wet roads. The Intensa UHP 2 also features a silica tread compound for improved wet grip.

This tyre replaced the Sava intensa uhp

Tyre review data from 25 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 315,900 miles driven.

2019 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 9th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Good dry handling, good aquaplaning results, low wear, best price / performance ratio.
  • Negative - Slightly reduced wet grip.
  • Overall - Recommended.

2019 Summer 53 Tyre Braking Shootout - 17th of 45 tyres

2017 Auto Bild Summer Tyre Test - 12th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Short braking distances on dry and wet roads, good value for money
  • Negative - Poor steering response and a tendency to understeer on wet surfaces
  • Overall - Recommended
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sava Intensa UHP 2

Questions and Answers for the Sava Intensa UHP 2

2019-02-05 - could you please give me the treadwear rating on the Sava Intensa UHP 2 215/55/17 R17 98W thank you

I'm sorry, we don't yet keep treadwear rating on file.

Top Sava Intensa UHP 2 Review

Given 90% while driving a Renault Megane Sports Tourer (205/50 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 100 spirited miles
This tyre is very new, so I can't comment on the wear. From what I tried in this short time, UHP 2 is phenomenal!
Extremely good wet grip, comparable to my Continentals TS850P, which are known to be good in the wet. Dry grip was also very good and progressive at the limit, so you knew when the tyre is going to let go, and it was really easy to get it back in line.

Road noise was a bit more than I expected, as it was rated as 68db. It's still not loud by any means, just not as quiet as I thought it would be. Made in Germany on the same production line as GY F1 Asy3, even the thread pattern is almost identical.

Sidewalls are very soft (even in XL), so some people won't like those, but I like the comfort and the progression that comes with that.

I've driven many premium tyres over the years and this one is up there with the best. This car was previously fitted with Continental SportContact 5 in the summer and Goodyear Ultragrip 8 in the winter, and wet grip is better than both, at least for now. I'll post a mid-life review later on to see if anything changed. As of right now, I would recommend UHP2 to anyone. Low cost and good grip will probably come at the expense of the wear, but for the price, these are unbeatable!
220 - tyre reviewed on March 7, 2017

Latest Sava Intensa UHP 2 Reviews

Have you driven on the Sava Intensa UHP 2 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Intensa UHP 2.

Given 80% while driving a Skoda Octavia (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
I've had one pair for about 20k and another fitted 10k ago, it looks like the lifetime is going to be around 35k. I'm an economy driver, so they are a good fit for me, an important factor was the quietness, which they deliver. If you are after a sports feel, you may be disappointed, they don't behave that well in a curve. Given the budget price and lifetime, good value for getting from A to B.
2 - tyre reviewed on January 7, 2020
Given 83% while driving a Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 (215/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 12,500 spirited miles
Tyres are great was with me even on race track.
Very good quality to price index.
Would suggest it everyone who looks for something better with not bad price.
But it isn't best choice in terms of grip there are better tyres.
And also wear is in quite normal range
2 - tyre reviewed on December 8, 2019
Do winter tyres really work on supercars? Watch this video to find out!
Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen Passat 2.0TDI (235/45 R18) on mostly country roads for 16,000 average miles
Hi, I have bought the tyres to replace old continental SC5 on my passat. The size is 235/45/18 and the price was just half the price of the continental. I just put my winter tyres now but during the summer I did 20k km and based on this I would say I did now have any issues at all. Of course with kick down on 2 gear the traction control steps in but I am with FWD and the torque is a lot. The tread is down now to 6.5mm on the front and 7mm on the back set of tyres which I don't know if it is good or bad for 20k km.I think I might use them 2 more seasons. So I would recommend the tyres.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 23, 2019
Given 90% while driving a Skoda Octavia vRS (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 2,000 average miles
I would like to confirm the fact stated by another reviewer that my Sava Intensa UHP2 are marked "Made in Germany". So not all Sava tyres are made in the factory in Kranj, Slovenia. Some are indeed made in the GY factory in Germany. My previous set of Sava UHP's were made in Slovenia, but not this set of 2's. These are the quietest tyres I have driven on, they feel sure footed with just a small amount of flex in the sidewalls when cornering. I don't drive into corners like an F1 driver but prefer a more comfortable speed. The Sava's never feel they are going to let me down unlike previous Potenza's which suffered wheel hop in the wet from traffic lights.
2 - tyre reviewed on September 19, 2019