Landsail LS288

The Landsail LS288 is a Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 26 tyre reviews averaging 70% over 143,000 miles driven.

2014 Test World Summer Tyre Test - 11th of 16 tyres

• Positive - Short braking distances on wet roads, low noise, low rolling resistance
  • Negative - Nervous dynamic behaviour
  • Overall - The Landsail tyres become the main surprise of this test. On a wet surface, the tyre has a very short braking distances and good lateral grip. During emergency maneuvers the grip is high, but it can disappear abruptly, especially on wet surfaces. The tyres are also good in tests for noise and efficiency. Overall, Landsail become the Chinese tyre tested by Test World

2013 54 Tyre Braking Test - 41st of 54 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Landsail LS288

Questions and Answers for the Landsail LS288

2016-04-08 - I am about to replace a set of tyres on my Hyundai Matrix, and my garage has recommended Landsail. My concern is that they are made in China. I say this because my experience of buying Chinese manufactured electrical goods has not been good in terms of quality - non-functioning after a relatively short time. What can you tell me about this brand of tyre which may increase my confidence to buy. Thank you.

While it is true some Chinese manufacturers produce low quality tyres, a number of them are now starting to produce acceptable mid range offerings. Landsail are one of those, but as always, be sure to check reviews of the particular Landsail tyre you're looking at, as the quality can still be quite variable.

Top Landsail LS288 Review

Given 68% while driving a Fiat 500 (195/45 R16) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
I've put a set of 4 new of these after my factory fitted Goodyears EfficientGrip tyres. As a budget tyres I was expecting them to be much less grippy then my previous premium brand tyres but they aren't at all. They seem to have similar grip levels both dry and wet (they seem obviously more grippy then the Goodyears but they are new and my old tyres were seriously bald. Almost down to the canvas), they are definitely quieter and more comfy over road imperfections then Goodyears but the side wall is much more balloony and the car seems to have more body roll with these on. I think the side to side grip is better but breaking performance is a bit worse?

All in all they have exceeded my expectations by far and unless you are thinking about fitting them to a performance car, I don't think you can beat them at this price range (I've paid £50 fitted and balanced per tyre).

Excellent budget tyres.
58 - tyre reviewed on May 4, 2016

Latest Landsail LS288 Reviews

Have you driven on the Landsail LS288 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the LS288.

Given 94% while driving a BMW 330d SE (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 15,000 easy going miles
I have been really pleased with these tyres. Previously I have always purchase premium tyres (Michellins; Continentals etc). These tyres do the job. The Continentals used to 'tram line'. These do not. The car (BMW33d) steers far better, and they are lasting much longer. I was very nervous about moving away from premium tyres, but am really pleased that I did. Road noise is probably higher, but they were a fraction of the price about 30%!), steer better & are lasting far longer.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 3, 2018
Given 40% while driving a Skoda Fabia 1.9TDi (205/45 R16 V) on mostly motorways for 6,000 average miles
Very poor tyres. Had them just under 3 years. Still loads of tread left on them but there are loads of cracks now to the point where I am having to replace. My advice don't buy cheap they don't last.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 18, 2018
Given 89% while driving a Porsche cayenne s (225/55 R18) on a combination of roads for 12,000 average miles
I put 4 of these on my Porsche Cayenne 4.5S and they have lasted 12000 miles. They are still legal but the outer edges on the front ones are wearing a bit thin, but that is expected on such a heavy car. The rear ones have 2 to 3mm but I am changing all 4. I think for a budget tyre they are excellent.
3 - tyre reviewed on September 17, 2018
Given 29% while driving a Audi A3 (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 8,000 easy going miles
These were fitted to an Audi A3 which does motorway, A road and country lane driving, moderate speed, load and stress. They were beyond awful. They wore to illegality in 8,000 miles and during that time deteriorated from poor to terrible. How these things are allowed to be sold is beyond me. Wet grip was virtually non existent, they were noisy, feedback was minimal and when they were changed for some trusty Avon ZV7s, the car was transformed. Startlingly, the tread was cracking as was the tyre itself between the tread, after 24 months after fitting. Never, never, never again for me. Avoid.
30 - tyre reviewed on March 1, 2018
Given 90% while driving a Kia Motors Pride (175/60 R13) on mostly country roads for 5,000 miles
Comfortable. Soft. Soft break