Pirelli P Zero

Pirelli P Zero Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E63s (285/30 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Achieved 10k miles legally. In all but the most extreme acceleration these tyres handled the power of my E63s. Handling is fantastic, wet grip hard to fault especially when car is balanced and not provoked. Not noisy enough to spoil the sound of the engine :-)
1 - tyre reviewed on April 23, 2017
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class (275/30 R20 W) on a combination of roads for 150 spirited miles
The car came with Michelin Primacy 3 wich i threw away immediately. These set of Pirelli's are the new generation PZ4 and are marked as Ls which means Luxury Saloon. They also have Seal Inside technology. To be honest i have expected much more performance from these tyres. I am largely dissapointed in dry weather at around 15 Celsius which we had for the last week i've had them. Didn't try them in the wet yet, the tests claim they are strong in wet cornering... As for the limit of the tyre there is a good enough indication on when you are driving on the edge but saddly the limit comes so early...i regret not going for the michelin pilot sport 4! I will do a more complete review when i try them in wet and more hot weather.
0 - tyre reviewed on March 18, 2017
Given 66% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A7 3.0TDi Auto (255/40 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 45,000 average miles
Needless to read comments when 99% of owners of new tires compare you feel with them new to those old barely removed from the car, obviously the new ones are just as quiet and comfortable as were the old ones many years ago but do not remember and it's normal. anything new is pleasant even more as if it cost less and expectations are balanced.
7 - tyre reviewed on March 2, 2017
Given 50% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz SLK 350 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 10,000 average miles
Good tyres but simply didn't wear well enough. - Mercedes SLK350. 235/35x19 front & 255/35x19 rear.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 31, 2017
Given 67% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 CDI Sports (255/35 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 8,000 miles
This is the 2nd set of P Zeros that I have put on my car. The 1st set lasted 8500 miles and were the original tyres on the car. I am a great believer in keeping what came on the car on the car but at 8000 miles this is a bit excessive. I do 8000 miles a year of mixed motorway and A road driving. I do not drive fast or aggressively and can't believe the mileage from these tyres. I am going to break my tradition and change from original tyres to something else, not sure what yet.
6 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2017
Given 54% (breakdown) while driving a Porsche 997 911 Carrera 4s (235/35 R19 W) on mostly town for 5,000 average miles
Unfortunately my 911 (997.2) came with the N-rated Pirelli P Zeros for Porsche. They were barely run in, (they still have the rubber whiskers!) and I only added 8,000km or so before finding longitudinal cracks around the front tyres. They were made in 2013 and as such, they have now reached the end of their life. If you do a quick search, you will see posts on forums complaining about cracking P Zeros dating back to about 2001. This from Subaru, Audi, Cadillac, Ford (Mustang), Porsche and other forums. I'll be replacing with Michelins. These things are useless.
5 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2016
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus (225/45 R17 W) on mostly motorways for 11,875 spirited miles
Awesome grip in wet as long the water isn´t high enough for aquaplaning. Very progressive in corners, the feedback is more than OK. Surprises don´t exist. OK, there exist better tyres if you driving in heavy rain, but if the street is only wet the P Zero is a very strong performer.

In dry the P Zero is also very fast, but the progressiveness could be better.

The week point is the temperature. Below 5° celsius the grip is noticeable poorer. The grip drops down and the tyre doesn´t give you the feedback where the limit is.

On my FWD the wear on drive axle will reach about 13000 miles, I guess. It´s not awesome but imho what you can expect from an UHP-tyre with my driveing profile.

Conclusion: The aquaplaning skills could be a bit better, the tyre should be better on lower temperatures. But overall it´s an good tyre if you want good grip in dry and wet.

I dunno how long the old version of P Zero will be available, so I don´t buy it again. The new P Zero PZ4 is available in some dimensions, I guess in near future also in 225/45R17

10 - tyre reviewed on August 7, 2016
Given 56% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz Mercedes SLK 55 AMG (245/35 R18 W) on mostly town for 4,700 average miles
Bought these as replacements on the rear and got them as they are the Mercedes MO for the car. Although for the most part they did a good job, I did have the back end completely come round at 20mph going round a corner into a car park over a cobbled sleeping policeman. Pretty scary. Have only had 4700 miles out of them and they are down to the limit. I honestly don't power it all the time so showed them to the garage I bought them from. Even he was surprised ! Will try continental sports contact 5 next.
1 - tyre reviewed on July 10, 2016
Given 76% (breakdown) while driving a BMW 3 series (235/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 15,000 average miles
I've tried every premium brand on my car including 2 Pirellis - the older P Zero Nero and now have done a year on the latest P Zero. I've had no real problems with the P Zero. Grip in wet and dry has been fine although I did find Continental to be the best.
Wear rate seems good but hard to tell as these are on the front and my car is rear wheel drive. I expect to get another 2 years easily out of them.
Comfort and noise is good as well as feedback although I tend to ease off when I feel the limit is reaching rather than find myself in a ditch.
I probably won't buy these again only because I like to try new tyres and I prefer Continental so will stick with them.
1 - tyre reviewed on June 4, 2016
Audi Q7 (295/35 R21 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
My Q7 came with Pirelli P Zeros from new. The car recently went in for it's first oil change service at 10k miles and I was told the rear tyres had worn to the limit and needed changing. I previously had a BMW X5 with a set of Bridgestones of similar size which lasted 20k miles before changing. Suffice to say I won't be replacing with Pirelli P Zeros at over £200 per tyre
2 - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2016