Uniroyal RainExpert

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal RainExpert is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 112 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 1,041,912 miles driven.

Uniroyal RainExpert

74%

86%

85%

Uniroyal RainExpert Reviews

Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Corsa C (195-50-15-H)
I expected the tyre to grip well in the rain and wear out quickly. To my surprise, they have lasted for three seasons already with no excessive wear and their tread is still confidence inspiring. Unexpectedly their grip is excellent in the dry as well, they just lack in feedback and feel -- in the beginning they had a bit of a floating feel, but I compensated by inflating them to the upper limit. My only real complaint is that they seem a bit louder (or have been getting as time progresses) than my other tyres. In all other areas they are a premium tyre for a budget price.
tyre reviewed on April 7, 2014
Given 78% (breakdown) while driving a Smart Forfour 1.5cdi Passion 95 (195-50-15-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 15 average miles
These tyre grip really well in the dry and maybe better in the wet (I didn't want to push my luck in the wet, but I could drive as I did in the dry).
However mpg went down at least 10 mpg to my previous tyres.
tyre reviewed on February 21, 2014
Looking to buy the Uniroyal RainExpert? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal RainExpert or any other tyre.

Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (195-60-15-H)
Driving on mostly town for 12,000 spirited miles
Grip wet or dry was fine, didn't have deep snow but they were good in the snow we did have. Wear was not great 12000 miles on the front of my Focus. The thing I really didn't like about them was the softness of the sidewall. At the recommended Tyre pressure it felt like the Tyre was going to roll off the rim if I went round a corner quickly. Going over some road humps or parking up on a kerb it felt like they squashed so much the rim was hitting the hump. Had to put an extra 4 PSI in for them to feel OKish.
tyre reviewed on January 5, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 1.9tdi se (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 21,000 average miles
Very good tyre have had these on for a year now and have done 21000 miles. Wet grip is excellent. Dry grip is pretty good but tyres can be slightly noisy which is expected for a wet tyre. Would buy again but looking for something quieter.
tyre reviewed on November 19, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 (185-65-15-)
Having changed all four pirelli p6000 on my almera tino, which were scarry when wet, to the rainexpert, they changed the whole feel of the car. I never felt as safe using these tyres. Excellent in normal conditions, but came into their own in wet conditions, never felt like they were ever going to loose grip. In snow they were superb, never got stuck once anywhere, even in a white out in snowdonia.
A tyre I would use again and again, well recommended.
tyre reviewed on November 13, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn saxo 1.4 furio (175-65-14-H)
a very good tyre at a good price i love this tyre and will buy again i think the best around good grip on wet and dry road low noise good wear
tyre reviewed on November 4, 2013
Given 84% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen mk2 golf gti heavily modified (195-50-15-V)
Used for road and track use on VW Golf Mk2 16v. Road performance very good in both dry and wet conditions with good adhesion and lateral grip. On track for a road tyre performance is very commendable - superb balance and lateral grip, tyres heated up quickly and maintained grip through multiple sessions with no degradation in performance under braking, acceleration or turning. Aftermath was ok, minor tread pilling however wear even. Used these Rain Experts for both road and track and not half worn in about 6k miles which given type of usage is good.
tyre reviewed on November 2, 2013
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Fiat (155-65-13-T)
No Comments Left
tyre reviewed on September 28, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn Xsara (195-55-15-V)
Driving on mostly town for 15,000 easy going miles
I've been using these tyres for almost 20000 kms. Good grip, tyres have good wear. Rolling resistance a bit high, because my fuel consumption went up since I used these tyres (tyres on 2,4 bar). Very good price quality (in size 195/55 15"), other premium brands cost 100 EUR/ tyre, for this I only paid 75 EUR.
I didn't want to put el cheapo chinese brands under my car, and I didn't want to pay premium (car is only used for town, and with a very easy going driving style, I don't think expensive tyres are necessary). In other sizes the pric difference might be smaller (like in 195/65 15"), in that case I would buy the premium brand (only 10EUR difference).
Would definitely buy them back in this size.
tyre reviewed on September 23, 2013
Given 64% (breakdown) while driving a Vauxhall zafira 1.6 (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
Bought a full set for a Vauxhall Zafira 1.6, fantastic grip especially in wet, felt very grippy.....However will not buy again as i am shocked to see 12 months on the fronts are going to need replacing very soon and all we have done is short trips around town. Not pleased at all with the wear on the front, I have to say the backs are still good so it might be the case that the Zafira will eat through fronts on any make I buy so all I can say is I would happily use these on the back but will be trying a different make on the front to see if I can get a better wear
tyre reviewed on September 19, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: