Uniroyal RainExpert

Show all: Uniroyal tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
The Uniroyal RainExpert is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 116 tyre reviews averaging 83% over 1,092,062 miles driven.

Uniroyal RainExpert

75%

86%

85%

Uniroyal RainExpert Reviews

Given 74% (breakdown) while driving a Mazda 3 Series (195-65-15-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 20,000 spirited miles
Got them at a good price last year and they've done 20000 miles. Really good in the wet.
tyre reviewed on November 1, 2014
Given 82% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E Class Estate (195-65-15-H)
Just an initial review after doing around 1000 miles, for the price these are hard to beat. Loads of grip, good in wet & dry, low noise, look good and comfortable ride. The only downside to these tyres are their soft sidewalls- I have them on the front of my heavy old Diesel Merc estate and they were too soft at normal pressures (32psi). Upped them to 36psi and there's a massive improvement without sacrificing comfort. Probably not an issue on a lighter car, or if you have a low-profile version but these really need to run a relatively high pressure to be at their best, especially if you have a car requiring 'balloon' tyres with a large sidewall area! Can't comment on wear yet but otherwise recommended.
tyre reviewed on September 17, 2014
Looking to buy the Uniroyal RainExpert? Click here to search for the best price for the Uniroyal RainExpert or any other tyre.

Given 86% (breakdown) while driving a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (195-65-15-T)
Driving on mostly country roads for 5,150 spirited miles
These tyres were a bargain @ £37 a tyre. They are not suitable for large cars or luxury cars as the sidewalls are too soft. Initially the tyre sidewall flexed a good bit on cornering but After inflating to the full load pressure they are more assuring and I don't notice the sidewall flex anymore. Wet and dry rip are excellent and tyre noise is no worse than other good makes I've used.
Tyre wear seems good after 5k miles and I expect to get at least 20k miles out of these.
They perform well in all conditions including spirited driving but lack a bit on driver feedback and flex a bit but am reassured by the level of grip on corners.
Compared to many other tyres I've used these have got no punctures or lose any air at all so am pleased.
I will buy these again as they are great tyres for the money, but not for the sporty driver or heavy car.
tyre reviewed on September 7, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn c4picasso (215-55-16-V)
Driving on a combination of roads for 24,000 easy going miles
These tyres have been on the front of my FWD C4 Picasso for 24000 miles. they are now at 2mm. They have been excellent tyres, can't fault their grip in either wet or dry conditions. They could be a little quieter, but I wouldn't say they are noisy, just that I've had tyres that are slightly quieter. I would be buying them again if I wasn't going to be driving in Germany this winter and it is a legal requirement there that if there is snow or icy conditions you must have tyres with the mountain symbol (ie. not summer tyres).
Having said that, I have had no trouble driving in snow in the UK with the Uniroyals these past 2 winters. Excellent tyres.
tyre reviewed on September 5, 2014
Given 96% (breakdown) while driving a Opel Corsa C (195-50-15-H)
I expected the tyre to grip well in the rain and wear out quickly. To my surprise, they have lasted for three seasons already with no excessive wear and their tread is still confidence inspiring. Unexpectedly their grip is excellent in the dry as well, they just lack in feedback and feel -- in the beginning they had a bit of a floating feel, but I compensated by inflating them to the upper limit. My only real complaint is that they seem a bit louder (or have been getting as time progresses) than my other tyres. In all other areas they are a premium tyre for a budget price.
tyre reviewed on April 7, 2014
Given 78% (breakdown) while driving a Smart Forfour 1.5cdi Passion 95 (195-50-15-H)
Driving on mostly country roads for 15 average miles
These tyre grip really well in the dry and maybe better in the wet (I didn't want to push my luck in the wet, but I could drive as I did in the dry).
However mpg went down at least 10 mpg to my previous tyres.
tyre reviewed on February 21, 2014
Given 61% (breakdown) while driving a Ford Focus MK1 (195-60-15-H)
Driving on mostly town for 12,000 spirited miles
Grip wet or dry was fine, didn't have deep snow but they were good in the snow we did have. Wear was not great 12000 miles on the front of my Focus. The thing I really didn't like about them was the softness of the sidewall. At the recommended Tyre pressure it felt like the Tyre was going to roll off the rim if I went round a corner quickly. Going over some road humps or parking up on a kerb it felt like they squashed so much the rim was hitting the hump. Had to put an extra 4 PSI in for them to feel OKish.
tyre reviewed on January 5, 2014
Given 70% (breakdown) while driving a Volkswagen Jetta 1.9tdi se (205-55-16-)
Driving on mostly country roads for 21,000 average miles
Very good tyre have had these on for a year now and have done 21000 miles. Wet grip is excellent. Dry grip is pretty good but tyres can be slightly noisy which is expected for a wet tyre. Would buy again but looking for something quieter.
tyre reviewed on November 19, 2013
Given 90% (breakdown) while driving a Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 (185-65-15-)
Having changed all four pirelli p6000 on my almera tino, which were scarry when wet, to the rainexpert, they changed the whole feel of the car. I never felt as safe using these tyres. Excellent in normal conditions, but came into their own in wet conditions, never felt like they were ever going to loose grip. In snow they were superb, never got stuck once anywhere, even in a white out in snowdonia.
A tyre I would use again and again, well recommended.
tyre reviewed on November 13, 2013
Given 93% (breakdown) while driving a CitroŽn saxo 1.4 furio (175-65-14-H)
a very good tyre at a good price i love this tyre and will buy again i think the best around good grip on wet and dry road low noise good wear
tyre reviewed on November 4, 2013

Want this tyre? TyreReviews has joined forces with lovetyres.com to offer unbeatable prices on the best rated tyres. Combine the trust of your local fitting centre with these great prices on the best tyres on the market!
Width: