Kumho Ecsta PS31

The Kumho Ecsta PS31 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Tyre review data from 25 tyre reviews averaging 79% over 92,103 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Kumho Ecsta PS31
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Kumho Ecsta PS31

Questions and Answers for the Kumho Ecsta PS31

2016-12-27 - How the noise level of kumho ecsta ps31? Will this tire get more noisy over time? Thanks

Unfortunately we don't have any specific noise data for the Kumho PS31, but the tyre reviews we have score the noise / comfort very well.

2018-10-13 - Can these be used as a Runflat?

I do not believe there are runflat versions of the Kumho Ecsta PS31

2019-02-05 - How do these compare to ku22 and which is the better tire for spirited driving. Which tire has the softer compound for grip

The KU31 is the more sporty tyre, though by how much I'm not sure as I don't think anyone has done the test yet!

Top Kumho Ecsta PS31 Review

(195/50 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 500 spirited miles
The tyres are comfortable but abit soft. The grip is phenomenal in dry and also wet. I go on Monthly Touge up Genting Sempah, Ulu Yam, Karak so I definitely know what i'm talking about. Taking corner you seldom feel the tyre slip, just the G-force pulling your body during spirited driving.
528 - tyre reviewed on November 28, 2016

Latest Kumho Ecsta PS31 Reviews

Have you driven on the Kumho Ecsta PS31 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ecsta PS31.

Given 96% while driving a BMW 320i (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 25,000 spirited miles
fitted on my bmw e90, its really great to drive on. compared to my previous yokohama tyres, this tyre edge out in term of the wet and dry grip on the road. it also lasted much longer than my yokohama tyres.
1 - tyre reviewed on January 15, 2020
Given 61% while driving a (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 200 spirited miles
The tyre not soft at all. feel like metal mix rubber. but grip and performance can give 8/10 overall.
4 - tyre reviewed on November 15, 2019
Do winter tyres really work on supercars? Watch this video to find out!
Given 80% while driving a (205/45 R16) on mostly motorways for 3,500 average miles
Used these tyres for about 5000kms now and first impression is that they're noisy. Even with decent soundproofing, you could hear the tyres rolling on worn tarmac at 80kmh and above.
At 120kmh, all you hear are tyres.

Noticeably noisier than the stock EP150s my car came with. Then again, its a tyre designed for wet use, so yes, they're noisier.

Aside from that, the tires take a bit to warm up, so its not unusual to hear cold tyre squeeling on pavements when its cold.

Not recommended for those looking for silent tires, but highly recommended for those who enjoy driving.
0 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2019
Given 83% while driving a BMW 325i (245/40 R17) on a combination of roads for 6,300 spirited miles
First background on my car:
93 E36 325i, stock power ~160 whp on megan eurostreet 2 coilovers using a 245 squared

Performance: These are probably some of the best value for the money tires. I drive this car hard on a daily basis, pushing 5-7/10ths and they grip fantastic. I'm highly confident in the dry, but not so much in the wet cause I dont push the car when its wet, I'm not stupid. I took the car to some very tight and twisty roads (canyons of Malibu, CA, USA) and they never stepped out. They are very progressive and communicative. Windows down, you can hear some slight squeal when you're pushing them, but that's the tires talking to you, but they're still far from losing grip. Steering is nice, they respond quickly. Having done quick aggressive lane changes at highway speed, they grip and respond excellently, the car rotates well

Road manners: they're very comfy and quiet when driving in a calm manner, they ride over bumps well.

Tread life: I wish these tires lasted longer, but theres a reason why these tires have the price they have. I'm at 6300 miles right now, and I have roughly 3-4mm of tread life remaining from the wear bar. And I did a tire rotation at 3100 miles.
So I think at 10,000 miles I will need a replacement. So sadly under hard driving, they dont last

Overall I highly recommend these tires. If you're looking for a budget performance tire, and you can find these for a good deal like i did at $65 usd each, you'll be happy.
4 - tyre reviewed on October 2, 2019
Given 76% while driving a BMW 320i (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 20,000 average miles
The grip is good both on dry and wet surface. The wear is decent, i've gone 35000 km over 2 years and still the protector is in good condition. However i did not find this tyres quite comfortable. They feel hard and i can feel road bumps. Don't think i will buy them again - next time i'd probably go for Hankook.
8 - tyre reviewed on June 12, 2019