Maxxis Premitra HP5

The Maxxis Premitra HP5 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Maxxis PRO R1

Tyre review data from 21 tyre reviews averaging 69% over 144,755 miles driven.

Reports

2020 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test - 4th of 20 tyres

• Positive - Predictable handling on dry surfaces, including during sharp maneuvers, good wet handling, well priced.
  • Negative - Long wet braking.

2020 ACE Mid Range Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 9 tyres

• Positive - Short braking and good handling in the dry and wet, high aquaplaning resistance, low fuel use, good value
  • Negative - None mentioned
  • Overall - Highly Recommended

2020 ADAC SUV Summer Tyre Test - 3rd of 12 tyres

• Positive - Very balanced, very good in the dry, good in the wet
  • Negative - None mentioned
  • Overall - Highly Recommended
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Maxxis Premitra HP5

Questions and Answers for the Maxxis Premitra HP5

2020-04-21 - Is this tubeless?

Yes, all modern tyres are tubeless, including the Maxxis HP5.

Top Maxxis Premitra HP5 Review

Given 70% while driving a Suzuki Swift 1,2 2013 (195/55 R15 V) on a combination of roads for 1,500 average miles
Applied this Maxxis HP5 on my wife's Suzuki Swift for 6 weeks/2500KM. At the first week these HP5 surprised me very much, I can even drift the little Swift at 80Km/hr on corners without braking it and no tyre crying noise. However, after 1500 KM, I found loud ZZZ noise up the highway driving at over 80Km/hr. Other than bad noise comfort, I actually feel the grips on wet/dry are quite above average. Recommended only for racing enthusiastic people who do not mind the noise. Me I cannot stand it cause it really trigger my tinnitus.
178 - tyre reviewed on August 9, 2016

Latest Maxxis Premitra HP5 Reviews

Have you driven on the Maxxis Premitra HP5 tyre?

Have YOU got experience with the Maxxis Premitra HP5? Help millions of other tyre buyers

Review your Maxxis Premitra HP5 >>

Given 77% while driving a Honda Prelude (205/50 R16 V) on mostly country roads for 11 spirited miles
I've had these tyres on my car for a year now and thought it would be a good time to give some feedback. Firstly, I'm surprised to see so many mixed reviews on the HP5. I bought them before going on a road trip across Europe and these tyres came highly recommended from my local tyre shop that I've always trusted. I've found the HP5 to be an excellent tyre in all conditions, especially for the money. It's not the sportiest tyre in the world, so if you're looking to do track days or have a very aggressive driving style, then look elsewhere. But they do exactly what any good summer tyre is supposed to do. It's a safe tyre, that offers predictable handling characteristics in all types of weather, and excels in hot temperatures and even heavy downpours. I've noticed many complaints about the wear on the HP5, but so long as you don't drive like a maniac they'll hold up just fine. I've done over 11,000 miles in the last 12 months across Europe, including autobahn driving with some very high speeds, and these tyres never felt at their limit. My local garage thinks there's plenty of driving still left in them so I'm happy with my purchase a year later. I've had company cars fitted with premium brands, such as Dunlop and Perelli in the past, and the Maxxis perform just as good for an excellent price. Will definitely buy again.
4 - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2020
Given 90% while driving a Peugeot 407 4 door sedan 2.0 petrol (205/60 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 45,000 average miles
By the price compare to its performance and durability, I feel this tire sort of underrated at many aspects. I am very satisfied and will place again
13 - tyre reviewed on November 9, 2019
Want the best 18" Sports tyre? Watch this!
Given 24% while driving a Volkswagen Golf GTi Mk5 (195/65 R17) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Without a doubt the worst tyres I’ve ever had. I usually run Avon’s but when they’ve been in short supply I’ve used unknown budget ones - I recently went from
Budget ones to these maxxis and they were notably much worse. Wet grip fairly problematic , handling poor but worst of all they did less than 10000 miles (9 months ) before running to cords.
Will never ever buy Maxxis again
9 - tyre reviewed on October 20, 2019
Given 76% while driving a Ford S Max (245/45 R18 V) on mostly country roads for 8,000 spirited miles
Not at all bad tyres for the price. Paid £400 for 4 when I was in a pinch, been pleasantly surprised since. Can be pushed and are quite progressive. When they do let go it's nice and controllable. Traction is not so good, let go quite readily in 2nd and sometimes 3rd in the wet (remapped 170 bhp 450nm, 1.7 tonne people carrier - I'm sure on a smaller car they'd be better). Dry handling is good, wet is sure but not amazing. Wet braking however is pretty impressive. All in all a very good tyre the price. Seem to wearing quite well to boot!
3 - tyre reviewed on August 13, 2019
Given 27% while driving a Citron DS5 2.0 Hdi (235/45 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 12 average miles
Great for the first 6,000 miles or so, then it got cold... In anything less than 3 degrees ambient, they grip then slip - Most noticably on full lock. More so than I have ever noticed or seen with others, it's really weird. Almost completely worn at 12,500 miles on the front (front wheel drive), and the single one on the back is about half worn - Even on the back. Most disturbingly they have a lot of cracks in the tread, and the edges of the tread looks ragged and shredded in places. Fortunately it's now summer again so atleast they've gone away from being ditchfinders until I get a chance to replace them.

Always given regular air if they needed it, and not used any nasty chemicals whilst cleaning the wheels. Just not really the mid-range tyre they are advertised as unfortunately.

Paid £78 a corner on offer. Could be worse for a years' use I guess.
7 - tyre reviewed on April 26, 2019