Zeta Ztr10

Zeta Ztr10 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 87% while driving a Toyota Camry (225/45 R17) on mostly motorways for 25,000 average miles
My zeta ztr10 tyres are very well in the wet and dry and the road noise is almost non existent and I drive a hybrid so that’s a big plus for me. My overall experience with the zeta tyres are amazing and I would recommend them.
15 - tyre reviewed on August 3, 2019
Given 40% while driving a Subaru BRZ (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 500 average miles
I recently bought a used Subaru BRZ and the dealer replaced the worn OEM Michelin Premacy rear tyres with a pair of Zeta ZTR10's.
In short the only tyres I can recall that provided such poor handling and feedback were a set of cheap remoulds many years ago. If these are a cheap tyre they may be OK for a shopping car, but don't put them near anything sporty. They'll be coming off as soon as I can decide whether to replace just the tyres or go for a new wheel/tyre package.

The longer version :
when cornering these made the car feel as if the side-wall was flexing under the lateral load, or as if a bush was worn. When I eased off slightly, it returned to shape. Attempting to take a moderate sweeping bend with any enthusiasm had the car tracing the path of a 50-pence piece.
As an experiment I rotated the wheels to have the Zeta's at the front, worn Premacy's on the rear. Now the rear was stable, the front vague.
As a further experiment I used a set of old wheels with old and worn no-name tyres and even they were noticably more stable and communicative then the Zeta's.
1 - tyre reviewed on May 27, 2019
Mazda (205/50 R16) on mostly town for 3,000 spirited miles
These are on my 2009 MX-5 Miata and I have been driving with them for over a year. Handling is not as good as the premium tires like Bridgestone Potenzas, etc., but for the price they are a steal and well worth it for street use.
5 - tyre reviewed on April 20, 2019
Given 71% while driving a BMW Z4 3.0Si (235/30 R18) on mostly motorways for 3,000 spirited miles
Drove 2200 miles in the Swiss Alps and down to Italy then back home to the Uk in my BMW Z4,did the Stelvio pass and the tyres performed admirably.. they are still new so I can comment for them when the get older or worn but they were good on this road trip
22 - tyre reviewed on October 19, 2017
Given 26% while driving a Mitsubishi Mitsubishi Shogun 3.2DiD SWB (235/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
I drive a Mitsubishi Shogon I had the set of dunlops that were on the car when bought new from the dealer after 55k miles i had a set of zetas fitted but the chap that deals with the company cars. I always drive in permanent 4x4 and in the previous 2 years never once seen my traction control light come on. Que the zetas my traction control was like a pilot light it never went out. In the dry they didnt fill me with confidence and made the car twitchy. In the wet they were a real threat to life. I am not a boy racer and these would skid me on to the wrong lane going round bends. I complained several times to te garage that fitted them, with no joy the final straw they spun me on a slip road in to the barrier. I cannot believe these are allowed to be sold, quite simply the most dangerous thing ive drove with in the last 20 years
11 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2017
Given 46% while driving a Ford Focus MK3 (215/55 R16 V) on mostly town for 2,000 average miles
Had two of these tyres fitter by the previous owner of the car. Grip in the dry was average, but I never felt fully assured on twisty roads. In the wet, the tyres were awful, causing wheelspin at the front with less than 1/2 throttle, and giving me pretty poor braking performance. I decided to get them replaced with some Uniroyal's before winter.
I never really noticed much noise with them at least.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 23, 2017
Given 86% while driving a Hyundai elantra (225/45 R17) on mostly town for 310 average miles
I read all kind of horror stories before i buy those tires and so far I'm
really impress, nothing bad to say so far.
17 - tyre reviewed on May 26, 2017
Given 34% while driving a Mercedes Benz c350 cdi bluetec (225/45 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 700 average miles
These tyres were fitted to my C350 CDi Mercedes upon purchase. The Tyres had been bought & fit by the previous owner prior to trade in.
When I collected the car it was a warm summers day, the tyres felt "OK" but didn't inspire confidence or feedback when driving the car home. The noise level was noticeable compared to premium tyres, but I thought their brand new they may be OK for a while.
Next day it was raining. even pulling out of the first junction near my house the tyres had no feel at all, almost numb. worse to come. first roundabout, the front tyres started to slide while following a bus so speed wasn't an issue, upon pulling out of the roundabout onto a dual carriageway the rear tyres broke away badly. the remainder of the journey to work was like driving the car in icy conditions. The wet grip from these tyres is appalling the worst I have ever experienced. In contrast driving in dry conditions they're best described as poor to tolerably acceptable. My main concern was would they stop my car quickly if the occasion arose.
Needless to say, I've already changed the tyres to Goodyear's, I didn't want to risk an insurance claim.
12 - tyre reviewed on September 16, 2016
Given 37% while driving a (225/45 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 200 average miles
Once again put on car by cheapskate dealer to make as much profit without thinking about the safety of the new owner.
They are lethal in the slightest damp road conditions and the uk government should ban these type of life threatening tyres.
7 - tyre reviewed on September 14, 2016
Given 40% while driving a Rover (215/45 R16) on mostly country roads for 2,000 average miles
Have had these used tyres on the rear for about 2000 miles. Dry weather grip is o k but in the wet they are really lethal. They let go without any warning and today was sideways 3 times and almost in the hedge and possible roll over. Am wondering how many folk have had an accident in the wet and never thought the tyres are at fault!!! They will be coming off and destroyed!!
2 - tyre reviewed on June 20, 2015