Continental AllSeasonContact

The Continental AllSeasonContact is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

The Continental AllSeasonContact is the second summer-bias all season tyre to the market, and a rival for the Michelin CrossClimate. The AllSeasonContact combines good winter and summer performances, plus best in class rolling resistance.

The AllSeasonContact will be available in 14 to 18-inch sizes, widths of 165 to 245mm, 40 to 70 series cross sections and T/H/V speed ratings.

Tyre review data from 11 tyre reviews averaging 89% over 57,770 miles driven.

Reports

2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test - 6th of 18 tyres

2018 Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test - 2nd of 12 tyres

• Positive - Excellent in the snow, good steering precision, handling and grip in the wet, very good aquaplaning results, good wear.
  • Negative - Average dry handling.

2018 ACE All Season and Winter Tyre Test - 2nd of 12 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Continental AllSeasonContact

Questions and Answers for the Continental AllSeasonContact

2018-10-19 - I have a Volvo 850 with 205/50/R16 wheels. Is it possible and legal to fit Continental All season 205/55/R16 tyres to my vehicle. Thanks for your help

You would need to check to see if there was a safe amount of clearance as the new tyres are bigger, you would also need to factor in your speedo would now be out, and you would need to notify your insurance company of the new tyre size.

2018-11-15 - Do you know the treadwear of this tire? I wonder how much mileage this tire has.

The treadwear will vary from size to size so you would have to check directly with Continental, however if you look at this years Auto Bild All Season Tyre Test it covers wear testing.

2019-01-01 - I am looking into tyres for a small car Toyota Aygo these continentals seem to come out good on reviews. Tyre size 155 65 r14 needed. As there are issues with mixing summer and (winter) on front wheel drive cars (good video seen) does the same apply for all season tyres. I am planning on all 4 tyres being changed at he same time. Generally looking at the tread all these look directional. So what happen with the spare tyre ? as this could be fitted only on one side Or do i just keep my summer continetal tyre as the spare that is more flexible in term of right /left location. I would appreciate any advice

As the Continental All Season Contact has a similar snow and ice performance to a full winter tyre, I would not recommend mixing all season and summer tyres as you could experience similar issues to the winter/summer setup!

2019-05-13 - Will the Honda HRV model year 2016 LX fit to use this tyre? Currently the original tyre is 215 55 R16. Planning for either 16" or 17" tyre and require some advise

As long as you can find the AllSeasonContact in the correct size and load rating for your vehicle, there's no reason you shouldn't use the tyre.

Top Continental AllSeasonContact Review

Given 90% while driving a Skoda Octavia Scout (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 190 spirited miles
Initially tested on very wet and slushy country roads and additionally on 5-10 cm compacted snow in the mountains. Tyres appeared to perform as well in these conditions as my full winter tyres (Nokian WR D4). Dry braking performance in the 0-8 degree range seems very good but fast cornering and general dry handling was lacking a little to my summer Pirelli's when the temperatures were nearer 8 degrees. Still sufficient dry handling for all but the most spirited of drives I would say. Early impressions are good, more winter and dry testing needed but the wet performance has been exemplary. No wear yet so too early to give a wear rating.
96 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2017

Latest Continental AllSeasonContact Reviews

Have you driven on the Continental AllSeasonContact tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the AllSeasonContact.

Given 70% while driving a Audi A3 Sportback (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
I live in coastal Montenegro, which means the winters are mild with loads of rain; the issue is if you drive a little bit north, you encounter snow and ice road conditions. That is why I went for the allseason type of the tyre, because my previous experiences with 'proper' winter tyres has not been great - they would wear down quickly in the mild weather.
Continental AllSeason contact performs well in the wet conditions, which was very important for me (we have epic rain in Montenegro). I also tested it on several occasions while driving though compacted snow in the mountains, it gripped surprisingly well; on several occasions on the ice patches it tended to 'dance' a bit, but no major issues.
The only real drawback is the warm weather performance - since February the weather was sunny and warm, and the tyre does not perform as advertised - it becomes a bit slow and 'mushy' regarding the feedback. The wear is also not great, as it started to have visible damage to the surface. Also worth noting, the tyre picks up little stones everywhere you go - I suspect this was due to the warm weather and the 'stickiness' of the compound; I can only imagine what would happen in the summer temperatures of 40 degrees Celsius.
Just lately I have reverted to my summer tyres (Dunlop Maxx Sport), and the difference is incredible.
This is not all season tyre. I assume you could use them all season long if you live in mild to cold weather, but then why not buying proper winter tyre?
5 - tyre reviewed on May 14, 2019
Given 89% while driving a Audi A4 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 7,000 average miles
I've finally had chance to use this in snow and they're as good as they are in the dry and the wet. A really well balanced all season tyre, highly recommended. Only thing I've yet to try is really warm running.
12 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2018
Given 92% while driving a Volkswagen golf mk4 gti 1.8T (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 average miles
Over summer on dry and wet is great tire. In town ride on town-weared roads I get no spinning of weals. Start/stop on during rain also great - Golf MK4 150hp. Now when cold weather is also great behaviour on roat, open road also great, quiet on hi speeds. Dont know how it will be on snow, ice...but I dont expect poor behaviour. Previously I owned Kumho solus vier (all season), It was ok first year - but after 2 years it was so bad I bought 4 years old used winter tires and that was BIG improvement. Kumho on dry town roads was all time watching brakes and peddals - if i want to join trafic fast - i get wheels spining...Terible on wet road, teribble on snow - tires were as plastic! 4Years old 2 dunlop and 2 godyear tires were great for change that winter...until I bought Continental AllSeason - Now I get reliable car on road, reliable behaviour, brake, start. No need to drive EXTRA carefouly. Will see how is with wear over time. I bouht continental over michelin because of wear - in test and reviews I see Conti get more miles, and caracteristics are ok for my wheather conditions. I dont think it would be wrong to select one of top 3 tires on these reviews. Where you drive and how much is important. I dont drive much, no snow more than few days/weaks...some rain. If I would have more snow or winter conditions I would probably go for michelin all season tires!
2 - tyre reviewed on December 9, 2018
Given 97% while driving a Vauxhall Corsa D (185/65 R15 T) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Initial view - excellent tyres well worth the price. Changed from Continental EcoContact 3 (5mm tread left) to AllSeasonContact. Big improvement in ride quality. Refinement improved at motorway speeds- much quieter over coarse motorway surfaces. Steering precise with better turn in, feels more like a good summer tyre than a winter tyre in this respect. More compliant and settled ride, soaks up bumps, surface changes and mid corner bumps much better. Stable under heavy braking. Higher level of grip in wet weather compared with the previous set of tyres. Not yet used in the snow.
15 - tyre reviewed on November 3, 2018

See all 8 customer reviews of the Continental AllSeasonContact (newest first) >>