Falken Eurowinter HS449

Falken Eurowinter HS449 Reviews (newest first) - Page 1

Given 64% while driving a Skoda Superb 2.0Tdi DSG6 170hp (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
I bought my car Skoda Superb ( 2wd ) already with this tyres . 225/40R18 So i decided to used them . I often travel to the mountains where I have notice even with a small amount of snow on the road really terrible grib . I read that DSG transmision isn t best solution for the snow and front power wheels. . But even on flat surface i break traction immediately , when you get goin is ok , but when i drove up the hill on snowy normal country road i had many problems passing thru. And I m really talkin about small hills. You need a lot of speed , non brakin , goin side ways on turns with ESP off every time to maybe pass it. But the moment you stop uphill on "white " road you done .

This is really good tyre for the city and some normal road trips . If you use it as most of people do you probable won t understand what i m talkin about.
So if you drive on snow maybe up to 5 times a year and mostly in the city . That s really good tyre for average price.
On dry surface again if you used normally you won t notice loose of traction . Good in fast turns .
These same thing on wet road it s really stable.
It s just not the the tyre for snow :) .

I can easily use it for two more winter season , but because of my several trips in the winter to the mountains i need something better.
Continental wintercontact ts 850 p 225/40 r18 will be my choice up comin winter .
I hope my opinion will help somebody .
0 - tyre reviewed on August 11, 2019
Given 70% while driving a Subaru Outback (215/65 R16) on a combination of roads for 10,000 average miles
Had them for 3 years on a Subaru Outback 2.5i. I've rated the tyre in comparison to the level of grip any road legal tyre can have, not in comparison to other winter tyres.
Dry grip is good for a winter tyre with good braking and cornering, but nothing compares to summer tyres on a dry surface even in cold.
After 3 winters they have a lot of thread left, became a bit stiff, but I'm sure they can still handle well.
Handled snow like it was on rails in combination with the AWD system and would progressively start to slide only if accelerator was abused.
Wet & cold is where it suffers. It starts to understeer more than in snow and braking is not good either, so if you live in a place where winter = cold rains, I would not recommend. If you have snow, they will do really well. Even drove in a freezing rain when it was recorded the highest number of accidents and managed to get out safe even if it would slip while trying to start moving.
Noise was acceptable.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 8, 2018
Given 86% while driving a Mazda Mazda2 (185/60 R16) on a combination of roads for 20,000 average miles
Covered about 20,000 miles on these and they still have loads of tread left. I have had them all continuously through winter and summer alike.
Quieter than the OEM Dunlops although a 5-10% penalty at the pumps.
0 - tyre reviewed on November 2, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Alfa Romeo brera (225/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 6 spirited miles
Had these on the Alfa Romeo Brera V6 Q4 since September last year ... in normal conditions they perform well, good in the wet and dry, now we have had some proper winter conditions here in the UK and I have been driving in the snow for the last few days, and I must say they are exemplary... yes the car has 4wd, but a 2wd car in the snow on winters is better than a 4wd on summers in the snow! The grip is very good and confidence inspiring... able to brake down hill on packed snow (car weights 1.8 tons too!) able to climb any hill I'm presented with , generally feel fantastic compared to most of the other people tip toeing around and sliding about.... thoroughly recommended, and a decent price!
1 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2018
Given 87% while driving a Subaru 04 WRX (215/45 R17 V) on mostly town for 7,000 average miles
Fitted these Falken HS 449 2 years ago to my Subaru and very impressed all round. Great in the dry, very good in the wet and completely capable in heavy snow. A tough tyre that I use all year round. Very recommendable.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 14, 2018
Given 76% while driving a CitroŽn C4 (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 5,000 miles
Having read so many positive feedbacks I left wondering if I drove the same tyre.
It's not a bad tyre but still it had vibrations above 130 km/h, and never felt a proper grip on snow and ice.
I've been driving along with two other similar fwd cars and I was the only one who didn't manage on snow/ice uphill (other two were with Michelin Alpin A4 and Goodyear UG9).
On the good side they are very good on dry and wet roads with very good wear resistance.
I replaced the front wheel set with Nokian WR D4 and honestly the Nokians performed worse on dry and wet. Still waiting for the snow though.
5 - tyre reviewed on December 24, 2017
Given 37% while driving a Alfa Romeo 1.9 JTD M (205/55 R16) on a combination of roads for 17,500 spirited miles
Tire very hard, lots of wheel spin even when pulling away from traffic lights moderately, quite a lot of road noise.

Lateral grip so-so, braking so-so, wear not great, not recommended without ESP.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 15, 2017
Given 60% while driving a Volvo S60 D5 AWD P* (235/40 R18) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
They aren't terrible, just not that good. Good economy tires (around 100 euro per piece) but nothing more. Don't expect too much out of them.
15 - tyre reviewed on April 15, 2017