Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 is a Max Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Tyre review data from 83 tyre reviews averaging 86% over 300,886 miles driven.

Reports

Tyre Test Highlights

2017 Auto Bild Summer SUV Tyre Test - 1st of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good performance balance, very good results on dry and wet roads, high resistance to aquaplaning
  • Negative - Low traction on grass, expensive

2016 Sport Auto UHP Summer Tyre Test - 1st of 8 tyres

• Positive - Excellent overall grip in the wet, high resistance to aquaplaning, good balance in the wet and dry, very low rolling resistance
  • Negative - None noted
  • Overall - Particularly recommended

2017 Auto Bild UHP Tyre Test - 2nd of 9 tyres

• Positive - Good handling and a short stopping distance on wet and dry surfaces, high lateral stability on wet roads, low rolling resistance
  • Negative - None mentioned
  • Overall - Exemplary
205/40 R17 84W XL   E A 67 7.81kgs
255/30 R20 92Y XL   C A 69
255/35 R20 97Y XL   C A 69 11.21kgs
245/40 R20 95Y   E A 71 14.50kgs

Questions and Answers for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

2016-03-24 - Is it true that asymmetric 3 has a smaller rim protection than asymmetric 2?

Just as an update to this question, we have been in contact with Goodyear regarding the rim protection on the Asymmetric 3 and the answer should be with us shortly!

2016-03-24 - When can we expect a test with the pilot sport 4, sport contact 6 and the asymmetric 3?

You're unlikely to see the Sport Contact 6 in a test with the Pilot Sport 4 due to the sizes they're made in, the Continental rivals the Pilot Super Sport.
The best test so far this year is the GTU test, however that missed the Michelin.

2016-04-27 - Is it true the side wall height has increased on the 3 vs the 2?

As with all Goodyear tyres, the Asymmetric 3 is within ETRTO (European Tyre & Rim Technical Organisation) guidelines, which does allow for a small variation on side wall height. Whether the size increases or decreases can depend on the size.

2016-04-26 - Will the 3 be N rated for Porsche, Cayman GTS specifically, like the 2?

A reply from Goodyear - We continuously work with OEM partners to develop OE Marked versions of the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, the tyre is currently approved on the Jaguar XF (J Marked) and the Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MO Marked). The tire will only be N rated if we gain an approval on a Porsche platform.

2016-05-06 - is the goodyear F1 AS3 directional

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 is an asymmetric tyre, not directional

2016-05-30 - What does 94y and 98y mean and what is the differance

The 94 and 98 are the load ratings for the Asymmetric 3 tyre. 94 means each tyre is rated to carry 670 kgs, and 98 750 kgs. As a rule of thumb, the high load rating tyre will create slightly more noise, have a slightly harder ride, but will offer a more sporty steering feel.

2016-09-03 - I have Swift Sport 1.6 and I would like to replace my tires with either Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric. They are similar but I can't decide. Could you help me ?

Both the latest Dunlop and the Goodyear are extremely similar tyres, you'll be happy with either. We would always side with the Goodyear as we feel longer term the availability would be better.

2016-08-27 - I am about to purchase either Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance or this Asymmetric 3. I think the Efficientgrip is the older design yet has the better fuel efficiency and same wet braking distance. I am surprised by this. It is also cheaper by £10 from Blackcircles. Does the labeling stay consistent such that you can compare older tyer designs against new ones. Why would you buy the Asymmetric 3 over the Efficientgrip? I drive a 2010 Ford Focus 2.0l diesel and do about 22000 miles per year.

The label tests do stay constant. Wet braking is only one performance quality of a tyre, and while it's entirely possible the F1 Asymmetric 3 and EG Performance to have the same wet braking grade, the Asymmetric 3 will have a better balance of overall qualities when you account for wet handling, aquaplaning, dry braking, dry handling etc.

2016-09-16 - I have Lotus Elise s2 sport 135. Its never used on track just occassional road use. Following a blow out on a rear Bridgestone pirenza I am considering replacement tyres with the Goodyear eagle F1 Assyimetric 3. What is your opinion

Sadly we've not yet driven on the Asymmetric 3! One thing to watch out for is that replacing just the rear tyres with the Goodyears could give the car a curious rear-steering feel due to the difference in sidewall strengths between the hard Bridgestone tyres, and the softer Goodyears.

2016-10-16 - I've had the Goodyear asym 2's on my old bmw z4 which were a superb drive although did have to change them fairly often. Now I've got a Toyota gt86 and considering the Goodyear asym 3, Michelin pilot sport 4, or the kumho ku39's? Any advice between them?

The F1 A3 and MPS4 are very closely matched. We've not yet driven them back to back, but would say the F1 A3 would have the slight edge in comfort, and the MPS4 the edge in sporty handling.

2017-01-24 - Where are the Goodyear asy 3 tyres made ?

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 is made in a variety of locations depending on the size and market.

2017-03-18 - Hello, tell me when choosing tires efficientgrip performance and asymmetric 3 for durability what will be better?

Unfortunately no one has done the test to compare wear data. The treadwear rating of each tyre should give you an indication of which will perform better.

2017-06-08 - I am about to renew the front tyres on my 2014 Ford Focus st. The car came with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tyres. Should I stick with those or go for the Asymmetric 3 tyres.

The Asymmetric 3 is the natural replacement for the Asymmetric 2 so it would make sense to upgrade to the new and improved model.

2018-01-04 - Are these run flat tyres?

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 has a runflat option in certain sizes.

Top Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 Review

Given 63% (breakdown) while driving a Volvo C30 T5 (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 0 miles
I previously had the asymmetric 2's whilst my car runs about 280bhp and 450nm of torque and i hardly ever got any wheel spin with them. On the other hand with asymmetric 3's i get a lot more wheel spin so i would definitely not buy them again and I'd stick to tglhe previous ones..
432 - tyre reviewed on September 24, 2016

Latest Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 Reviews

Have you driven on the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3.

Given 58% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz E250 CDI (245/35 R19 W) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
Replaced my Michelin PSS with these. Never again!! Now get chronic understeer , vague in the straight ahead and car feels far less responsive and does not inspire confidence.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 13, 2018
Jaguar Jaguar XE (225/45 R18) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
First review was on 8th Sept 17 after 1000 miles . Now covered 5500 miles and still have 7mm tread left all round . Having ditched the EO Pirelli p7 at 5mm I can honestly say if you enjoy driving as much as I do this was a costly move that I don't regret
This tyre continues to perform brilliantly for me , certainly in the low profile that I have in the Jag. To sum it up without going overboard the assy 3 continues to deliver great steering response , great comfort and quietness all in one , and on our shamefull UK roads it's certainly a bonus to have all these attributes in one tyre. I am more than happy.

8 - tyre reviewed on December 26, 2017
Given 58% (breakdown) while driving a Porsche Cayman (205/55 R17 W) on mostly country roads for 350 spirited miles
Replaced 7 year old Michelin PS2's with Goodyear Eagle F1 assym
Right away they felt funny, and after 300 km started troubleshooting.
They felt like i was driving on a flat tire.
even though they were already pumped more then the PS2s and porsches user manual requres.

lower pressure made it worse and highier pressure somehow made a bit of a difference, but at 1 bar over the normal pressure it no longer improved.

After 500 km I got so fed up with the way my car drove, and how it pretty much made me seasick .. there was a delay on steer in and changing direction in a turn felt wobbeley in the back when the Michelins did not have this issue

Replaced them with new Michelin PS2's at 550 km. Goodyear even came to check out the tires, took em with me and reported back they were 'in spec'.. So it's not a production fault , but a poor tire design and spec.
And they sent em back.. now i'm stuck with 4 useless Goodyear tires..
Maybe I can sell em off the next time there is a strike somewhere and the union people need something to burn.
15 - tyre reviewed on December 11, 2017
Given 97% (breakdown) while driving a Mercedes Benz A180 CDI W176 (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Comfortable, grippy, great turn in. I would rate everything exceptional bar slightly off centre cornering. Mid corner adjustability and turn is still excellent, but the tyres can scrub on less acute corners where not much steering input is applied; eg carrying lots of speed into a less than a quarter lock turn. I would buy again.
7 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2017

See all 77 customer reviews of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 (newest first) >>